SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : All Things Are Permissable: Homosexuality?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Good points, MJ. I'm not thinking about hiding behind the kids. I just need to know, before barging in, that what is being reported is actually being taught.

But there is also the sticky situation of "church authority". We, as believers, also have to respect the authority of a pastor of a church. Someone coming in from another church to confront a youth pastor could be seen as usurping the authority of the actual pastor.

You know what I mean?

Krispy: To have a conversation with this man and to determine if this is really what he said and then to lovingly but sternly correct this is not in my opinion usurping anyone's authority. There is another brother who might be teaching false doctrine and errors that can have a profound effect on the rest of the body. You absolutely need to approach this prayerfully and in humility but in my opinion you would not at all be stepping on the pastor's toes to speak to this man. In fact, it might even be appropriate if you do talk with him and if he does not listen to go to the pastor and make him aware of these things happening.

2011/10/10 21:26Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

I Cor. 6:12, I Cor. 10:23 and surrounding verses. Paul is definitely speaking of meats and of food specifically in these verses. However I see a broader point that he is making that is tied to these verses. It is brought out in chapter 6. Paul is very consistent in the entirety of the NT. The ordinances of the law are not applicable to the new covenant believer. So as a result all foods that were once condemned by law are now lawful albeit Paul does say that they are not necessarily beneficial nor are the necessarily edifying to the physical body. But then he makes a very strong statement. Food is for the belly, for nourishment, and the belly is for food, to process and extract from the food things necessary for life. In like manner the body was made for the Lord, as an instrument of service, and the Lord for the body. But the body is not made for fornication or for sexual uncleanness. If my body is given to Christ as His members, how can I give it to a harlot, or in the further context of fornication, for any kind of sexual impurity such as homosexuality. And even in the context of chapter 10 Paul makes the point that although we have liberty in what we eat we must take great care not to offend a brother or make him stumble by our meat.

2011/10/10 21:41Profile
shainea

Re: All Things Are Permissable: Homosexuality?

Hey,
I just joined sermon index cause of the Tozer messages and saw this thread... i am a husband, father, and youth pastor (meaning i mostly pursue youth to mentor and disciple and teach and well shepherd, hoping they will surrender all to Him and love Him above all else). i love to teach... sometimes to the point where i lose the kids in my messages...
What this 'youth' pastor is teaching IS very devistating to the youth... it will only feed the rebellion already in their hearts so yeah something should be done about it!

Not sure public humilitation is the biblical way to go though. Only because you dont go to their church or have a relationship with Him. When paul talks about public confrontation its for elders (pastors, or decons, or bishops, or other church leaders). It is to be in the elders church, for the elder and for elders church family, so that the church family would learn from the elders correction. i dont think that applies to every christian publically confronting other christian leaders when their wrong.
I dont ever see Jesus going in guns blazing (except pharisees sometimes :) condemning sin or wrong doctrine. i do read paul charging Timothy to rebuke/correct false doctrine cause of its cancers' affects in our lives but i think we should lean on what paul says in galations .. to restore in a spirit of Gentleness ... this young man may be dealing with sexual sin too and that may be an area you could really restore him in ?...

Sometimes we wanna put on the boot straps, hang our hat low and call the person out for a shootout... not sure how effective that is since we are not in a place of humility ourselves shooting scripture at them. But like Jesus not condemning the whore ... so keep prayin for him. He def need it pastoring youth, they are lost and the world has a big voice speaking death to them :)

On the flip side of the coin,( Maybe should of done a different thread) i did want to say this to you Krispy, hoping that i dont puff you up but rather encourage you. seems to me like you have humility in your heart towards the LORD and want to do what would be Godly and intune with His Spirit. Thank you for that. its encouraging to me and im glad you have decided to pray above all before responding! The rabbit hole might be bigger than you think in his life...

2011/10/18 19:58Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy