SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : All Things Are Permissable: Homosexuality?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane
Member



Joined: 2006/7/31
Posts: 3057


 Re:

Krispy

Been thinking about this since you posted and would ask you to prayerfully consider not using the kids as a go between. I think you should go and see this youth pastor yourself. Share with him in a loving way what was shared with you then give him the chance to respond to you directly. I know if it were me I would want that consideration to at least be asked what was said. I do understand your concern because it is second hand information but all the more reason to go yourself and just ask. IF the young man you know understood correctly and this youth pastor really does believe these things he is reported to have said what a golden opportunity for the LORD to share truth with him. Who knows it could even be that the LORD had you hear this report just so that he could use you in this youth pastors life...

Please know what ever you decide I will be in prayer for you and for the LORDS leading in this.

God bless
maryjane

 2011/10/10 9:18Profile









 Re:

Good points, MJ. I'm not thinking about hiding behind the kids. I just need to know, before barging in, that what is being reported is actually being taught.

But there is also the sticky situation of "church authority". We, as believers, also have to respect the authority of a pastor of a church. Someone coming in from another church to confront a youth pastor could be seen as usurping the authority of the actual pastor.

You know what I mean?

Krispy

 2011/10/10 9:24
MrBillPro
Member



Joined: 2005/2/24
Posts: 3283
Texas

 Re:

Quote:
KrispyKrittr.....the dad agrees with the youth pastor. The mom claims she cant understand the Bible so she wont address it.



Well Buddy, when the parents are lost it's really tough on the kids. Pray for the kids that God will open their eyes to this deceit, and also so the kids be able to teach the parents, one word, sickening!


_________________
Bill

 2011/10/10 10:06Profile









 Re:

Yea, it is... you also have to respect the authority of the home as well. That doesnt mean that when given the opportunity I dont speak the truth, because I do. Trust me.

Kinda like a family we are close friends with who are devout Catholics. Catholicism is hideous, but we have to be careful not to undermine the way they raise their kids. When opportunities arise I take them... but we pretty much leave it up to our kids to witness to their kids. Great training for our kids.

There is an authority in the home (the dad) and people need to be mindful of that. There are ways of reaching the children, and thus the family... but it takes wisdom.

Krispy

 2011/10/10 10:12
MrBillPro
Member



Joined: 2005/2/24
Posts: 3283
Texas

 Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr...There is an authority in the home (the dad) and people need to be mindful of that.



This could be a good subject to ponder. Are the children "in Gods eyes" to obey that authority even if it's wrong?


_________________
Bill

 2011/10/10 10:18Profile









 Re:

Quote:
This could be a good subject to ponder. Are the children "in Gods eyes" to obey that authority even if it's wrong?



Not if it forces them to sin. Like wives submission to husbands. The unsaved father/husband is the God ordained authority, but if he asks the children/wife to sin against God their first allegiance is to God.

Never any reason to sin. (Not a popular notion in some churches today as sin is rampant.)

Krispy

 2011/10/10 11:05
MrBillPro
Member



Joined: 2005/2/24
Posts: 3283
Texas

 Re:

Quote:
KrispyKrittr....Never any reason to sin.



Amen Brother! can I get another Amen!


_________________
Bill

 2011/10/10 11:20Profile
ginnyrose
Member



Joined: 2004/7/7
Posts: 7474
Mississippi

 Re:

Mary Jane wrote:
Share with him in a loving way what was shared with you then give him the chance to respond to you directly. I know if it were me I would want that consideration to at least be asked what was said. I do understand your concern because it is second hand information but all the more reason to go yourself and just ask. IF the young man you know understood correctly and this youth pastor really does believe these things he is reported to have said what a golden opportunity for the LORD to share truth with him. Who knows it could even be that the LORD had you hear this report just so that he could use you in this youth pastors life...

I agree...you can just tell him you heard thus and thus and is it true? Giving him a chance to explain himself. If, perchance the youth misunderstood him he should know this so he can make himself clear to these young people.

Krispy wrote:
But there is also the sticky situation of "church authority". We, as believers, also have to respect the authority of a pastor of a church. Someone coming in from another church to confront a youth pastor could be seen as usurping the authority of the actual pastor.

Maybe so, but souls are at stake...you are not talking about how often one should have communion or how one should baptize, you are talking about sin - it is a life and death situation.

One can always speak about the Biblical aspect but it may also help you to become knowledgeable of STDs as well. If you care to listen to a good lecture on the subject go to YouTube and listen to Pam Stenzel. She will talk your ears off!

God bless.


_________________
Sandra Miller

 2011/10/10 14:44Profile
tbsounde2
Member



Joined: 2009/2/11
Posts: 179
Los Angeles, CA

 Re:

hi guys,

so i was under the impression that "all things are permissible" was paul quoting an erroneous corinthian saying in order to refute it. any thoughts on this?

12 "All things are lawful for me," but not all things are helpful. "All things are lawful for me," but I will not be enslaved by anything. 13 "Food is meant for the stomach and the stomach for food"—and God will destroy both one and the other. The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. 1 Cor. 6:12-13 (ESV)

12 “I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but I will not be mastered by anything. 13 You say, “Food for the stomach and the stomach for food, and God will destroy them both.” The body, however, is not meant for sexual immorality but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body. 1 Cor. 6:12-13 (NIV)


_________________
Will

 2011/10/10 18:42Profile
hulsey
Moderator



Joined: 2006/7/5
Posts: 640
Missouri

 Re:

What Paul was saying to the Corinthians is basically that all things are lawful for the Christian because the Christian uses all things lawfully.

A lawful relationship of the nature of this thread can only exist between a husband and his wife.

But even lawful things can become harmful and even sinful if they master the Christian so Paul says that he will instead master those desires and not live by his fleshly appetites.


_________________
SI Moderator - Jeremy Hulsey

 2011/10/10 20:07Profile





©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy