SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : ADHD - What could be the Spiritual roots/cause of ADHD

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

I was diagnosede with attention defecit disorder as a child and struggled in school a lot, comprehending things. But i will say this that when Christ first came in my life in 2003 the one thing that did change was that i could sit in the Bible and read it and comprehend it and i loved it and did not get bored of reading it. I noticed that in Christ i was made stronger from it, i think anything is possible with Christ, as i have said before i struggled with homosexual feelings before Christ when Christ came i believe he delivered me from it. Anything is possible with the Lord, lets not limit him.

2011/10/11 23:02
SolaVeritas

SK Canada

Re:

It seems to me that the cases of ADHD are multiplying at a similar same rate as media/games and technology increases in speed. Of course more are diagnosed as awareness has increased and some are just active children who get a label pasted on them, but just look at the rate by which images change on the screen in movies, shows and games and compare it to ten, twenty, thirty years ago. This can not be good for your brain? Add to it the constant noise of music, cell phones, etc. How can a person, trained (brainwashed) like that from a young age concentrate on anything for any amount of time? Is it spiritual? It is hard to believe that there would not be a spiritual force behind this as much of it is ungodly and not drawing anyone closer to God but rather making it more difficult to study scripture, wait silently before God and to hear His voice. If my child was affected, my first action would be to create as calm an environment for him as possible while providing lots of excercise, play and outdoor activitites.

2011/10/12 0:42Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re: ADHD - What could be the Spiritual roots/cause of ADHD

Yes, Keith Daniel's son Roy was diagnosed with this condition and through persistant prayer he got over it and is now mightily used by God. I do not know which sermon of his it was, must be one of those about home and family.

Keith Daniel's sermons are featured here.

2011/10/12 7:59Profile
jochbaptist

Re:

Thank you Krispy

I'm realy glad I got your response!

I agree - out with the Ritalin, bring on Sanctification ... and Discipline.

Blessings

Joch

2011/10/25 17:06Profile
JLM

Re: ADHD

This is an interesting subject. I have a brother that was considered "hyperactive" and would have been considered today to have ADHD I believe. He was supposed to take medication but my mother was really into eating healthy and that made a difference for him. Honestly, I believe many of the children today who are considered to have ADHD are just full of energy and the way God made them. They need proper discipline and training, which is not always the same type or way as for the child that does not posess this kind of energy.

I find it interesting because although it was harder for my brother to sit still and "be good", it was and still is amazing to me how much he could get done when channelled in the right direction and way. In some ways, I would say he is blessed. As children, we would get some kind of piecework job and he would literally get three times as much done as I would, and I honestly felt like I was working hard. This was even true when we were in our late teens/early twenties. No matter how hard I worked, I could not get as much done as he could.

I know have five children, two which are very similar to my brother. We home-school, but if they were sent to public school, I think we would have been told they have ADHD. When the oldest one was a toddler, My aunt (who was an RN) told me she had never seen a child with as much energy as him. (We do not have a TV, video games etc. so it was not caused by those influences.)

I look at it that these children are blessed with energy and quick minds. If we can just figure out how to channel them in the right direction, they can be very successful both as Christians and as members of society. This can be a great strength and blessing instead of a detriment to the child.

Is there a spiritual part of it too. Undoubtedly in our society today, there is. If we set these more nervous, energetic children down in front of the TV, video games, nintento ect. for hours every day, or if there is strife, disharmony etc. in the home or if we do not help give these children healthy outlets for their energy, I have no question, the devil will take advantage of this area in the life. What could be turned to a blessing can also be the greatest weakness in that life. There is no question that the devil will try to look for weak areas in any life and exploit them for evil instead of good.

I am NOT by any means condemning someone who has a child with ADHD and whose child is not doing well. My children are not all grown up either and it is only by the grace of God that they will turn out following God and headed in the right direction. We must do our best to lead and guide, spend much time on our knees and trust God with the rest. My point is though that there is much hope. God can help the child with ADHD to be a blessing. The world can look upon it as something difficult and bad, but if God has created my child this way, I believe he has a great purpose in what He is doing.

2011/10/26 14:27Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re: ADHD - What could be the Spiritual roots/cause of ADHD

Complex issue. My mother called it "Hyper" in the days before ADD or ADHD, and I was very "hyper". As an educator I deal with this subject quite a bit. I am in no way an expert, but having been a "hyper" child and having the propensity to be a hyper adult, I have my own perspective.

I do not really think that it is a spiritual condition other than the fact that I could attribute it to the fall of man. There are obviously exceptions to this statement, but for the most part that is where I fall. I do know that I had a great lack of self control as a child. I understand the temper issue because I also had a pretty short fuse.

Krispy said that regeneration was the cure. I know what he is saying. God has so changed me, but it has been a long process. My parents were also instrumental by giving me very consistent discipline all through my childhood.

I have found that in most cases of ADHD where the child is experiencing frequent problems with self control and behavior there is associated with it a lack of good, consistent discipline in the home. Obviously a hyper child will always be more of a challenge than one who is more calm, but that is par for the course.

2011/10/26 15:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy