SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Thoughts from Art Katz about the resurrection and the end of the age

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
docs

Thoughts from Art Katz about the resurrection and the end of the age

At The End of the Age

"At the end of the age there are going to be two religious bodies, and the profound thing that separates the one from the other, and makes one the enemy and the victim of the other, is the whole issue of the supernatural. The resurrection is eminently the issue of the supernatural. Men may squabble about the issue of virgin birth, but they cannot squabble about the the issue of resurrection. It either Is or it IS NOT. It was the proof for even the unbelieving disciples of Jesus, who were 'slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have written'. Even when Jesus appeared to them in His resurrection body, it says they did not believe unto joy. There is something so profoundly deep in our human nature that opposes the supernatural, that even when it is demonstrated in the person of Jesus Himself, there was unbelief. He ate before them in His resurrection body, yet their carnal minds, and the spirit of the world, were so opposed to the supernatural God that they staggered over the issue of the resurrection."

"Even when we profess to believe, we do not really believe. The issue is not whether we believe technically to the correctness of the doctrine of resurrection, but do we believe to the point that we are living in the power of it?"

From "Apostolic Foundations", 1999, pg 244-245

Me: I'm making no claim to fame in actually living in the power of the resurrection. Embracing the cross and dying in whatever form is required is necessary first to be able to live in the reality of the resurrection and I can't claim to willingly embrace the cross each day and moment as we are called to. Actually, when I look ahead at what most are discerning is coming, I feel undone as to knowing much about the cross and resurrection at all which is what it is going to take in a much deeper depth to overcome.

2011/10/9 14:00Profile

Re: Thoughts from Art Katz about the resurrection and the end of the age

""At the end of the age there are going to be two religious bodies, and the profound thing that separates the one from the other, and makes one the enemy and the victim of the other, is the whole issue of the supernatural."

Yes indeed docs, we already see it well under way. I wrote a piece entitled " The Saul Spirit is rising,' as led by the Holy Spirit. One religious body will definately come after Gods people in the end days, it has always been that way, down through the centuries and also the Prophets and of course the Lord Jesus Himself........brother Frank

http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=32010&forum=40&9

2011/10/9 14:46
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: Thoughts from Art Katz about the resurrection and the end of the age

I know what you mean about feeling undone as to knowing much about the cross and resurrection. I think that that knowing and living in the power of the resurrection comes more and more just through a simple meekness and humility in serving others.

I say this because as I was studying John chapter 13 this week I was aware that what Jesus was teaching in that chapter was from the standpoint of resurrection and ascension ground - Christ risen and returning to the Father (v.1). From this standpoint it appears that meekness - as demonstrated in Christ's example of washing the disciples feet - is where the power of the resurrection takes away the ground of Satan.

In Christ,

Ron

2011/10/9 15:58Profile
docs

Re: Thanks for your thoughts

Thanks apollus and In the Light.

Apollus - you're right about these things beginning to happen now. It's just that it's going to take embracing the cross (how will we respond to mounting offenses againt the faith in the future) if we are so thin skinned now? It will take living a resurrection life but how much do we know about that now? If it's a small amount then a sea change is going to have to take place in the church for us to be able to persevere in the future.

In the Light - that was a good word bro. Like in good and from above. The insight you have on that is food to ponder and think about. Who can argue with a life lived on resurrection ground as a life of servanthood? Than you much.

5 - "For if we have become united with Him in the likenness of His death, certainly we shall be also in the likeness of His resurrection..." (Romans 6:5)

2011/10/10 12:58Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy