SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Tsunami?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Tsunami?

Well - this is just some general info and nothing that I worry about but just pray against, because my daughter and 2 grandbabies live in N.J. - along with Most of my immediate family - not to mention all of the brothers and sisters in Christ that I know on the East Coast, including N.Y. and Conn, etc..

Anyhow - someone mentioned this last month and coincidently I've been following the events on the Canary Islands for a little while now.

I'll just post this and we can just pray against it.
Still smiling :) [and praying this won't happen and holding on to my doubts that it will - if no one minds - In His Love alone.].

"In a BBC Horizon programme broadcast on October 12, 2000, two geologists (Day and McGuire) hypothesised that during a future eruption, the western flank of the Cumbre Vieja, with a mass of approximately 1.5 x1015 kg, could slide into the ocean. This could then potentially generate a giant wave which they termed a “megatsunami” around 650–900 m high in the region of the islands. The wave would radiate out across the Atlantic and inundate the eastern seaboard of North America including the American, the Caribbean and northern coasts of South America some six to eight hours later. They estimate that the tsunami will have waves possibly 160 ft (49 m) or more high causing massive devastation along the coastlines. Modelling suggests that the tsunami could inundate up to 25 km (16 mi) inland – depending upon topography."

http://www.irishweatheronline.com/news/earth-science/geology/canary-islands-government-raises-el-hierro-volcanic-alert-level/39623.html

Still quaking even now ...

http://www.emsc-csem.org/Earthquake/

jfygi - that's all.

2011/10/8 2:22

El Hierro -

Would others join in prayer for the people that live on this island. It's much more than just general info on tsunamis ... It's human beings that are being rocked excessively by almost 10,000 quakes since July.

Thank you!

Friday, Oct. 7 2011

The number of earthquakes recorded since July 17 , 2011 on El Hierro, the smallest of The Canary Islands, has almost reached 10,000, the Instituto Geografico Nacional (IGN) reported on Friday.

http://www.irishweatheronline.com/news/earth-science/geology/el-hierro-the-canary-islands-earthquake-count-nears-10000/41067.html

2011/10/8 3:28

Re: El Hierro -

Will certainly pray as we are about the preservation of life. Yet we cannot ignore the warnings of scripture. We risk great peril to our souls to do so.

Luke 21:11
There will be GREAT earthquakes in.......in various places.

Like 21:25
On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the ROARING and TOSSING of the SEA.

Luke 21/28
When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.

Blaine

2011/10/8 4:16
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Tsunami?

I checked out this link and it does appear these people are serious about the possibility of some devastating earthquakes in the future - made me think of what is prophesied in Revelation. The natural disasters as prophesied in Revelation will be of such great magnitude the world has not seen since the flood. And it could be this area would contribute to these calamities. And not only here, but other places as well - shaking and quaking, simultaneously? This should scare people into repentance but scripture says it won't.

Perhaps it may be best to be ready for the LORD's return then it will not matter what happens...what do you think?

2011/10/8 10:27Profile

Re: Ginnyrose

Agreed. I think that the earthquakes and other signs should promot us to wake up and take our walk with Christ more seriously. Also tell others about Jesus.

I also agree with JIG that we should pray for God to preserve life. My heart breaks when people are affected by natural disasters. Though I believe they could be signs of God's judgement, I still pray for God to preserve life. Of course ultimately they know Jesus.

Blaine

2011/10/8 10:49

Re:

Quote:
My heart breaks when people are affected by natural disasters.

The LORD feels that way as well. Thank you, Brother Blaine.

2011/10/8 11:05

I should have worded my initial post differently.

I'll say that 'I pray' this doesn't happen to them on the Island, nor to us or any others - instead of using the words "I doubt".
My apologies.

2011/10/8 23:58

The people on the Canary Islands still need our prayers - some would say, Increasingly so.

http://earthquake-report.com/2011/09/25/el-hierro-canary-islands-spain-volcanic-risk-alert-increased-to-yellow/

THANK YOU

2011/11/6 13:44

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy