SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Question about Samuel the Prophet Priest

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
EvangelTam

Question about Samuel the Prophet Priest

Hey just reading the book of 1 Samuel and a few questions came to mind

1. How is Samuel able to be a priest if not a descendent of Aaron/ Levite? (were only descendents of Aaron supposed to be priests?)

2. What time period after judged did this take place in?

3. How does Hannah's dedication of Samuel work in terms of the Levitical law? (the last chapter I believe) I'm confused on how that works in general

4. How did the priesthood work at that time? Was there a high priest? If so why wasnt he mentioned or was ELi the leader?? were there other priests elsewhere>

if someone could help me that would be great!

in Christ
Evangel

2011/10/7 13:43Profile
MichaelLiao

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Question about Samuel the Prophet Priest

Hey Evangel,

I didn't know you had a SermonIndex account

In Christ,

- Michael Liao

2011/10/7 13:49Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Question about Samuel the Prophet Priest

EvangelTam,

I have wondered about your post since you started this thread and have looked up the topic on and off since. I can only answer your first question.

Quote:
EvangelTam wrote:
1. How is Samuel able to be a priest if not a descendent of Aaron/ Levite? (were only descendents of Aaron supposed to be priests?)

He was a Levite. Samuel's father was Elkanah, son of Korah, who were Korhites, who were descendents of Levi according to Exodus chapter 6…

Exodus 6
v16 And these are the names of the sons of Levi according to their generations; Gershon, and *Kohath,* and Merari: and the years of the life of Levi were an hundred thirty and seven years.
v18 And the sons of Kohath; Amram, and *Izhar,* and Hebron, and Uzziel: and the years of the life of Kohath were an hundred thirty and three years.
v21 And the sons of Izhar; *Korah,* and Nepheg, and Zichri.
v24 And the sons of Korah; Assir, and *Elkanah,* and Abiasaph: these are the families of the Korhites.

Hope this helps.
God bless,
Lisa

2011/10/20 11:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy