Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Phebe wrote:

Quote:
Hi Guys,
It's funny that you all brought this up. I just posted in another thread (Oral Roberts Vision one)about "The Heavenly Man". It sounds cliche, I know, but this book really did change my life. It's like Brother Yun told me that everything I'd ever hoped about God was true...
It really does focus on God and His character.

Though it all seems a coincident, God's testimonies are present. His outpourings of the Holy Spirit are still occuring today. The nature of the out pourings are still in alignment with the prophesy of Joel and confirmed by Peter. Dreams, visions, and prophesy are occuring where the people have no gold or silver to give.

In Christ
Jeff

2004/12/31 13:11Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

Re:

God is almighty, and He works in mysterious ways. But we must bare in mind to love our God for Who He is and what He has done for us, not for what He can give (signs and wonders).

Emo-religion, as I use to call it, is hot at the moment. We don't only want to hear, but we want to see. We want to feel it, experience it...emotional religion.

What people are looking for are miracles. Then, like Thomas, they will believe. But this faith isn't [b]sincere[/b] and it's [b]superficial[/b].

Not sincere, because you see God as a mean towards your end. Superficial, because when you don't FEEL God anymore, you're going down. It's not without reason Jesus says: "For we walk by faith, not by sight" (2 Corinthians 5:7). Or as I like to put it: "we walk by faith, not in feeling".

Why should we be cautious in all this? Because this emo-religion will surely become very popular. It will kill the Cross of Christ. It will unite all religions. It will pave the way for the anti-Christ.

[b]EMOTIONS[/b] and [b]SIGNS AND WONDERS[/b] will characterize the nature and work of anti-Christ:

"Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, and with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish" (2 Thes 2:9)

Let us be on our guards for these things.

I have been hugely blessed, as I posted before, by this book by brother Yun. But let's keep our focus solely on Jesus and Him as a Person. Believing, even when He doesn't work in the same way here as He does in China. (Note: I'm talking about the ways in which He works, not the fact THAT He works mightily...Our God is a God who delights in impossibilities)

2005/1/1 12:52Profile
jouko

Ex-England colony of Australia

Re:

If this is the same brother Taisto that was in the same congregation in Sweden that I used to frequent, no doubt there is a change. If you speak Chinese or Finnish you can find 5 sermons on www.saarnaindexi.net , little brother to sermonindex. Then, if you want to know more, the Voice of the Martyrs have some very specific information on their site from many regions.

jouko

2005/1/1 17:26Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re: The Heavenly Man, Br. Yun

Just in case anyone is interested, Brother Yun is featured as a speaker on this site on this site. I was discussing with someone eariler today, that when considering what has been happening in China, throughout the communist era, one may think that it is us westerners who have been handed over by God, to a judgement of a lack of persecution. After all, Paul wrote that God's penalty for sin can take the form of a giving over to it (Rom 1:28).

2005/1/1 23:55Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Dezcall wrote:

Quote:
Why should we be cautious in all this? Because this emo-religion will surely become very popular. It will kill the Cross of Christ. It will unite all religions. It will pave the way for the anti-Christ.

EMOTIONS and SIGNS AND WONDERS will characterize the nature and work of anti-Christ:

Matt. 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, “Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, “I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

We will know them by their fruit. "And then I will declare to them,"I never knew you; depart from Me, [b]you who practice lawlessness."[/b]

The practice of lawlessness will be evident in the false brethren.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/1/2 14:28Profile
lastblast

Michigan

Re:

Quote:
But let's keep our focus solely on Jesus and Him as a Person. Believing, even when He doesn't work in the same way here as He does in China. (Note: I'm talking about the ways in which He works, not the fact THAT He works mightily...Our God is a God who delights in impossibilities)

Amen. I am over halfway done with this book and I am overwhelmed at times---with grief, with conviction on my own walk, with admiration, etc. The amount of suffering he has endured for the kingdom is beyond my comprehension. At this point in my walk, I cannot fathom me being a strong enough Christian not to lash back in some form at those who would abuse me in such a way. I know that is the call though. To always walk in forgiveness, keeping an eye on the "big picture". This is a book I would highly recommend. It has renewed something in me which was growing cold-----my purpose in Him----to Glorify Him in all I do and let His purposes reign in me----even if I don't like it or can't understand what's going on. The "big picture" is what it seems drove Brother Yun and it, in the power of the Holy Spirit, is what should be driving each of us-----to the crucifying of the flesh...........I am truly thankful to those who recommended this book............ :-)

Ps. Though the 'miracles' are many in this book, what God is doing in Brother Yun, through persecution, is what stands out----his will to persevere TO THE END and his encouragement to other believers to do the same..........

2005/1/5 15:04Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

lastblast wrote:

Quote:
It has renewed something in me which was growing cold-----my purpose in Him----to Glorify Him in all I do and let His purposes reign in me----even if I don't like it or can't understand what's going on.

God keeps testifying to us, "There is more!" Yet many men and women say, "I am satisfied."

Who is right?

In Christ
Jeff

2005/1/8 15:14Profile
Agent001

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re:

Hi all,

See my other thread for warnings from the Chinese churches concerning "Brother Yun," whose real name is Zhengying Liu.

Sam

2005/5/6 17:32Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

Re:

EMOTIONS and SIGNS AND WONDERS
the heavenly man didn't chase after signs and wonders. theses signs shall follow them that believe. Mark 16:17,18
the Word say's I Believe it.

2005/5/6 19:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy