SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Heavenly Man, Br. Yun

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

The Heavenly Man, Br. Yun

I have just finished reading this testimony. Has anyone read this book?

The Heavenly Man, with Paul Hattaway. I got this book from the "Back to Jerusalem," movement.

In Christ
Jeff

2004/12/29 14:33Profile

Re: The Heavenly Man, Br. Yun

no I haven't....do a book report! (lol)

back to jerusalem........does that mean preaching the Gospel down the length of the Silk Road?

Jesus love to you Jeff,
Neil

2004/12/29 15:17
DezCall

The Netherlands

Hi Jeff,

I read this book some while ago. Some will fervently tell about all the miracles happening in this book. And they are indeed awesome. But I don't think the book focuses on the miracles. It focuses on the Healer. It's not a "believe and be healed"-book. It brings you in closer communion with God and His word.

This whole book is full of the word of God and how a man walks in the light of this Word. How he suffers, but shares the Gospel. How he has to live seperated from wife and kids and still rejoices in the Lord his God.

The most famous quote I can remember from him (I read the book in Dutch) is:

[i]"We shouldn't pray for a lighter load to carry, but a stronger back to endure!"[/i]

2004/12/29 15:42Profile
rookie

Re:

Br. Neil wrote:

Quote:
back to jerusalem........does that mean preaching the Gospel down the length of the Silk Road?

Yes.

In terms of a book report I have much to share through the various ongoing threads.

God Bless
Jeff

2004/12/29 23:59Profile
rookie

Re:

Br DezCall wrote:

Quote:
I read this book some while ago. Some will fervently tell about all the miracles happening in this book. And they are indeed awesome. But I don't think the book focuses on the miracles. It focuses on the Healer. It's not a "believe and be healed"-book. It brings you in closer communion with God and His word.

I agree with your assessment totally. One of his quotes describes your analysis.

page 298.

"In China, the greatest miracles we see are not the healings or other things, but lives transformed by the gospel. [b]We believe we're not called to follow signs and wonders but instead the signs and wonders follow us when the gospel is preached.[/b] We don't keep our eyes on the signs and wonders, we keep our eyes on Jesus."

Here is another quote that speaks thousands of words:

"You can never really know the Scriptures until you're willing to be changed by them."

In Christ
Jeff

2004/12/30 0:06Profile
phebebird

San Pedro, California

Hi Guys,
It's funny that you all brought this up. I just posted in another thread (Oral Roberts Vision one)about "The Heavenly Man". It sounds cliche, I know, but this book really did change my life. It's like Brother Yun told me that everything I'd ever hoped about God was true...
It really does focus on God and His character.

It also gave me a lot of hope. I have to admit to thinking sometimes that I'd missed out on all the great moves of God. The revival in Indonesia was before I was born, as was the Jesus movement, etc, etc. Well, this book just proves that God is at work anywhere and anytime His people are seeking Him! Most of this book is about things that happened very recently. I read it thinking, "Oh my goodness, I was in China when this happened!" (I visited China many times with my family as a child and lived there for a summer in 1996 and for almost a year in 2000.)

The book also pinned down alot of things for me about religious freedom, or the lack thereof, in China. Even being associated with China for several years, it is extremely difficult to find out what is REALLY going on. I've been to Three-Self Churches and to Underground churches. I've heard of friends being called in for questioning and being exiled. I've had to use hushed tones and code words. I've had my phone tapped and my mail opened. But it's very difficult to discover the end results and the real reasons for all of this.

Phebe

2004/12/30 13:30Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I have just finished reading this testimony. Has anyone read this book?

I haven't read the book as of yet but heard an audio reading of it on a radio station; just the part of his escaping from the jail which had my hair-standing on end! what a miricalous God we serve who works on behalf of His saints.

2004/12/30 16:20Profile
phebebird

San Pedro, California

Re:

By the way, everyone, there IS both a video and an audio message by Brother Yun on SI (that's how I first found SI). Also, check out the messages by Brother Xu, Brother Yun's associate.

Phebe

2004/12/30 17:52Profile
ravin

Washington st. u.S. A.

His book is awake up call to the western church. just finished the book about two weeks ago.
I liked that god keep their eyes on him thru it all. GOOD BOOK! a must read.

2004/12/30 19:07Profile
revival9

Arizona, USA

Glad to see you all discovering Brother Yun and the Chinese house churches! Their testimony has radically affected my whole family. I posted a review of 'The Heavenly Man' [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2398&forum=41&0]here[/url], under the forum 'Book Reviews/Recom.'

Check out the book 'Back to Jerusalem' [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2402&forum=41&0]here[/url]. Neil, that will answer your question concerning the title.

Paul Hattaway, co-author of these books, has a website [url=http://www.asiaharvest.org/]Asia Harvest[/url]. He sends out a free snail-mail newsletter that has the most profound testimonies you will ever see. I highly endorse this man and everything he's done. I just got a whole batch of his books for Christmas and will post some reviews in the future.

2 tapes you gotta have: (They aren't in mp3 so you have to order them from Charity Gospel Tapes, they're free. Maybe Greg can get them up here for us -- hint hint?) [url=http://www.charityministries.org/tapeministry/tapelist.cfm?Where=speaker&value=Brother%20Taisto]Brother Taisto[/url] speaking at Charity Christian Fellowship. Brother Taisto often translates for Brother Yun. Apparently Brother Yun was supposed to speak at this session but he wasn't there. After Brother Taisto, Paul Hattaway speaks and you can order that tape [url=http://www.charityministries.org/tapeministry/tapelist.cfm?Where=speaker&value=Paul%20Hattaway]here[/url].

Mrs. Fred

2004/12/31 2:53Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy