Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The True Holy War by Anonymous

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 The True Holy War by Anonymous

This is a time of great reason to war against the enemies of our soul: a time to suffer, a time to sacrifice, a time to groan, a time to die.

Two methods to try to conquer evil. Which did Jesus choose?

We are well aware that it has been given to the beast to make war against the saints and overcome them. And he is doing just that; he is making war against the saints, and we seem to be losing our influence in the market- place, schools, media, Internet, and so more. Slowly the Antichrist spirit is working to see that the truth be hated, and the lies loved.

One of these much loved lies is the hideous notion that if something makes you sad it is wrong, and if it makes you happy it is right. Sadly, this one lie has destroyed more people than Hitler or Stalin ever could.

Think with me, the word of the Lord says: “Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin.”

Can we agree that suffering is to be part of our weapons in this war against the flesh, the world, and the devil? Yes, surely there can be no doubt in this regard, seeing that we are to glory in tribulation.

Here we are to consider that as it was given to Pontius Pilate to seemingly overcome the Lord Jesus, because it was given him from above, even so, the Christian will likewise be despised and rejected in the name of so-called “human wisdom.” Yes, they will be hated and unwelcome among the ceremonially religious mainstream “churches.”

What a sad sight when we are avoiding suffering, tribulation, and rejection, thinking that it is wisdom! There is a war, and it is not “out there” in some far country. No! It rages in our own bosom. Let us fight the good fight of faith; let us arm ourselves with the right mind.

Come now, saints of God, arise and take your place in the ranks of God’s army; prepare to suffer with Christ! Speak forth the word of God with boldness, “cry aloud, spare not, and show my people their sin. Let them see that they have left Me, the Fountain of Life and have hewed them out broken cisterns.” Bring supplication and prayer with strong crying before our God, for this generation is immensely deceived. O how terrible is the wrath of God that awaits those who hold the truth in unrighteousness.

We are to hate iniquity and love righteousness in our lives; a holy hatred for selfishness, pride, jealousy, envy, anger, lust, covetousness, unbelief, friendship with the world, and any other work of the flesh lurking in us. Let us have a deep thirst and hunger after righteousness; a heart that loves the rebuke given to it, to be humbled, misunderstood, forgotten, and any other virtue that can be used of God to form Christ Jesus in us.

When we fight and war with our brothers, it is a clear sign from God that we have lost the war against self. We would do right to put away the pointing of the finger, and seek after holiness without which no man shall see God.

The war against the flesh is won by the weakest and most needy one, for he runs to the throne of God to find grace to help him in time of need. He, like David, cries out to God saying, “O Lord, deliver me from my enemies that are too strong for me!”

Are you armed and ready for war?

“As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country.” Proverbs 25:25 ~

2011/10/6 23:44Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: The True Holy War by Anonymous

Quote:
Think with me, the word of the Lord says: “Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin.”

Can we agree that suffering is to be part of our weapons in this war against the flesh, the world, and the devil? Yes, surely there can be no doubt in this regard, seeing that we are to glory in tribulation.

This is almost opposite of what modern churches today teach. They teach to avoid suffering at all costs and God will relive it right away that is what He is there for. And there is some truth in that but suffering is a necessity for true believers that are born again of the Spirit and resisting sin in this life to overcome.

2011/10/7 9:23Profile
dietolive

Thank you for posting Brother Greg.

I immediately thought of the seemingly strange thing the apostle Paul said in Philippians 3:10-11

“That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his SUFFERINGS[?], being made conformable unto his DEATH[?];

If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.”

Why would he WANT to suffer? Clearly, he saw suffering as a necessary ingredient; and essential part of the path to heaven. Would to God my disciplers had inculcated that necessary truth into my head when I was first under conviction years ago!

How different do you think the Church might be today if the “Certainty of Suffering” was a clear part of our gospel presentation?

2011/10/7 14:43Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:

How different do you think the Church might be today if the “Certainty of Suffering” was a clear part of our gospel presentation?

If I recall, Richard Wurmbrand used to say that in preparing people for baptism, the teaching on suffering was an integral part of their preparedness. He talks about taking a group of youth to a zoo, standing in front of the lion's den and telling them that they may eventually be thrown in - that they may die for their faith.

And we know what happens when the church is persecuted.

2011/10/7 15:31Profile

Here's a very weighty question:

I've never had to suffer for my faith (I once had a bible torn up in my face at school but that was a long time ago). Does that mean by definition that I am not a Christian?

2011/10/7 18:55
dietolive

Re:

Dear Butters,

Being a Christian necessarily entails donning the armor of God and taking the sword of the spirit and the shield of faith. (Like it says in Ephesians 6.)

The purpose of doing so, as we see in the text, is to wrestle; it is to fight!

We Christians are all missionaries. We are all on the same mission: overcome the world, the flesh, and the devil.

The mission takes different forms for each of us however.

Now, let me ask you: When one attacks another, what can one expect back, but the same. Right?

Dear Butters, If you are are attacking the spiritual enemies in your life, they will hit back sooner or later.

Keep the armor on, and especially the shield of faith... Be prepared.

I wish you well in the Lord,
Doug

2011/10/7 23:48Profile

Re:

Romans 8:16-17
The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children then we are heirs-------heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

I believe it has been said that there is a cross before a crown.

Blaine

2011/10/8 4:34

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy