SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The End of Holiness

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: For the sake of clarity

The Lord's Holiness is seen in men and woman who have encounterd the Living God. They are radically converted from a world of sin to a world of light. This radical conversion is seen in their walk. They are a living testimony of the power of God to change lives. They are a living testimony , read of men. And God gets all the glory.

I would agree that the religious man can only recite the Scriptures or the vision of Isaiah because he has never had such an encounter. He can only try and be obedient in his own strength and there will be varying degrees of " success." And the more " succesful," they are the more self-righteous they become. They begin to look down on others, demand that others live as they are living, they begin to thank God that they are not like others.They begin to consider themselves elite and they become aloof.The end of all self-righteous men is failure, whether in one year or fifty, the flesh can only take you so far and even the distance that it does take you is repugnant to God. These men have a ministry of death.

The man who has genuinly encountered God always keeps his eyes upon Jesus, not himself. He could be considered the holiest man alive by others but he would reject such a preposterous notion because he has stood in the shadow of majesty. The foundation of his life will be love, for he knows that this was the essence of why God sent His only Son, because He so loved the world. He has been so touched by such a love, that he loves what His Lord loves.

The religious man can reproduce many things in this world for a time but he cannot reproduce genuine love. He can seem to many to be upstanding, as were the Pharisees, yet God has considered the inside of the cup. This outward appearance is everything to the religious man because ultimatley he is a fearer of man, not God. He fears what others think, its what motivates him in all that he does. He is an actor and one full of guile, yet, God has considered the inside of the cup because he looks upon the heart.

God alone knows where His child has come from and where he is going. This man is His servent and the Lord delights in him and delights to do a good work in him for His own good pleasure. He is infinately patient and kind with His children, compare that to the religious man who is infinately impatient.

When the child of God messes up it breaks their heart and they come to their Father, head bowed low and they lay themselves before their God and expect, no desire to be punished. And what do they find? Mercy rather than judgement and they weep to find it so. They leave the mercy room of God enthralled and determined to live ever more like their Lord because they love HIm so much and know in their very dna just what the Lord has done for them and it is a beautiful thing. Now contrast that with the way a religious man deals with children of God. Harsh words, judgement, no love, no desie to see a man restored, its all very ugly and always, always the missing ingredient is supernatural love. Praise the Lord for 1Cor 13, the antidote to religious men.

Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithes of mint and dill and cummin, and you have left undone the weightier matters of the Law, judgment, mercy, and faith. You ought to have done these and not to leave the other undone. Blind guides who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel! Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside they are full of extortion and excess. Blind Pharisee! First cleanse the inside of the cup and of the dish, so that the outside of them may be clean also. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs, which indeed appear beautiful outside, but inside they are full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. Even so you also appear righteous to men outwardly, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you build the tombs of the prophets, and decorate the tombs of the righteous, and say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. Therefore you are witnesses to yourselves, that you are the sons of those who killed the prophets; and you fill up the measure of your fathers. Serpents! Offspring of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell? Therefore, behold, I send prophets and wise men and scribes to you. And you will kill and crucify some of them. And some of them you will scourge in your synagogues and persecute from city to city;
(Mat 23:23-34)

2011/10/7 8:59
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Let us not deceive ourselves or sell His Great Name short by thinking that poetic and emotional admiration of His Holiness is satisfying to our God; no, He will never be satisfied until His Holiness is seen by DEMONSTRATION though our HOLY CONDUCT before the eyes of all nations.

Holy CONDUCT rather than flattering words is what truly magnifies His Holiness. Leonard Ravenhill was correct in saying that the greatest miracle men can witness is “A Holy God taking an unholy man and making him holy; then putting him back into an unholy world and keeping him holy.” Neither the world, nor in reality ourselves, understand God's Holiness any more than our actions prove! God's Holiness is not something to only BELIEVE in - it is what we are called to BE - even as HE IS!

Amen dear brother. Men think to just speak of God's Holiness makes them more holy then others who do not speak of God's Holiness, this truly is a delusion from the enemy. We must walk, act, and be holy in our hearts. To glorify God is not just to say that with the mouth constantly it is to act n accordance with the Scriptures by the power of the Spirit.

May God truly make His bride holy in these last days.

2011/10/7 9:04Profile
dietolive

Re: For the sake of clarity

To all who have written thus far: great words.

As more has been written however, I wonder about the spirit though. To makrothumia in particular:

Brother, (or Sister, I do not know which), Why not respond to my original post about Isaiah's vision itself? I wonder why you began a new thread instead?

Also, I wonder as I read you, Do you care about the soul on the other end of your many criticisms? And did you think by calling my enraptured praise,(fallen and pathetic as it is), mere "philosophical admiration", that you could stop me from praising my Lord? My dear Brother, (or Sister), the very rocks will cry out.

Please, please, make an effort to reach out to the people with whom you have a difference of opinion. Take the time to establish rapport. Speak to people directly, like you actually cared about them, and use kindness in your words, just like you would want someone to do you.

Don't you know that most people, in their immaturity, could care less what you think, until they first know that you care?

You may write me privately as well if you wish: EDIT. I would love to get to know you better.

In the meantime,

Rejoice and be well,
Doug

2011/10/7 10:07Profile
dietolive

Re:

Dear makrothumia - I've responded to your email, but the spam filter keeps knocking me down...

Doug

2011/10/7 23:52Profile
makrothumia

Texas

Re:

Sorry about that Doug,

I work at a public school and their local area network filter is sensitive to some things more than others.

Try this one. [email protected]

2011/10/8 6:29Profile
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Quote; This is the end of God's Holiness - to be fully conformed into His own likeness and image - the image of Jesus Christ

Amen and Amen

No longer I that live but Christ that lives in me.
Andrew Murray Quote; Absolute surrender-let me tell you where I got those words. I used them myself often, and you have heard them numerous times. But once, in Scotland, I was in a company where we were talking about the condition of Christ's Church, and what the great need of the Church and of believers is. There was in our company a godly Christian worker who has much to do in training other workers for Christ, and I asked him what he would say was the great need of the Church-the message that ought to be preached. He answered very quietly and simply and determinedly:

"Absolute surrender to God is the one thing."

quote; We must walk, act, and be holy in our hearts. To glorify God is not just to say that with the mouth constantly it is to act n accordance with the Scriptures by the power of the Spirit.

Human effort when I read the quote above all that could think about was human effort, a man trying to live Holy life by his own strength…

A man may be a preacher, he may work most diligently in his ministry, a man may be a Christian worker, and others may say of him that he makes great sacrifices, and yet you can feel there is something lacking. You feel that he is not a spiritual man; there is no spirituality about his life. Ah! there is the weakness of the Church of Christ. It is all in that one word-flesh Quote by Andrew Murray

---------------

Quote; First cleanse the inside of the cup and of the dish, so that the outside of them may be clean also.

-------------------

We would do well to take heed of the words of Christ in the quote above. Take a close look at the words, Cleasne the inside first so the outside can be clean also… Jesus was saying if there is no cleansing on the inside then there can be no cleasning on the outside. Without the heart being cleansed it doesn’t matter how hard we try, to walk and act and be holy in our hearts it will all be done in the flesh.

Father may the Holy Spirit cleanse us, make our hearts pure and put off the old man with all his deads, and put on the new man Christ who to reign in our hearts so there is no provision for the flesh…

2011/10/8 10:50Profile

Re:

A man may be a preacher, he may work most diligently in his ministry, a man may be a Christian worker, and others may say of him that he makes great sacrifices, and yet you can feel there is something lacking. You feel that he is not a spiritual man; there is no spirituality about his life. Ah! there is the weakness of the Church of Christ. It is all in that one word-flesh Quote by Andrew Murray

---------------

Quote; First cleanse the inside of the cup and of the dish, so that the outside of them may be clean also.

-------------------

We would do well to take heed of the words of Christ in the quote above. Take a close look at the words, Cleasne the inside first so the outside can be clean also… Jesus was saying if there is no cleansing on the inside then there can be no cleasning on the outside. Without the heart being cleansed it doesn’t matter how hard we try, to walk and act and be holy in our hearts it will all be done in the flesh.'

We would indeed do well to heed the words of our Lord, excellent point brother. Holiness and righteousness flows from the inside out.........brother Frank

2011/10/8 10:55
dietolive

Re:

Amen murrcolr!

Doug

2011/10/8 15:44Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy