SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Holiness: Its All Of God

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dietolive

Holiness: Its All Of God

Holiness; its all of God and we’re missing it unless we acknowledge all holiness as coming only from Him. The perfect illustration in Scripture would be in the sixth chapter of Isaiah the prophet, when he had his vision of the Lord in the Temple of Heaven.

He saw the Lord sitting upon the Throne of His Glory way up high, and his beautiful robes flowing all the way down and to the walls all around. He saw the mighty and terrifying angels flying all about Him. He heard them cry “HOLY! HOLY! HOLY! is the LORD of hosts!: the whole earth is full of his Glory!” and felt the posts of the great Temple entrance shake at the thunderous shout of their unearthly voices. He saw the blazing light emanating from the Holiest of ALL in the face of Almighty God penetrate through the swirling smoke….

Here was the BEAUTY of HOLINESS ETERNAL. Only in this LIGHT could Isaiah know how wicked his sins were. “My lips are polluted! I even came out of a people of polluted lips!” he says in verse 5. In the sin-crushing presence of the HOLY ONE, he knew he was utterly wicked and useless and he knew what the just sentence against him must be: Death. He lamented, “Alas! … I’m a dead man…”

Then appears the unspeakable mercy of God in verse 6: One of the angels takes Holy Fire from the Holy Altar and touches Isaiah’s lips with it, saying that they were no longer polluted. He explains that his iniquity was now taken away and his sins wholly cleansed. Now he was HOLY, and it was even God who worked that holiness in him. As a “dead man” he could not make himself holy. No, it was ALL of God.

Brothers: All Isaiah could do back then, is all we can do now: He could seek God’s face for a revelation of His Holiness. He could confess the utter sinfulness of his darkened heart in the presence God’s Holy Light, and then he could seek God for the grace to do the only sensible and reasonable thing left for him to do: He could offer up his whole life to God.

The apostle Paul saw this clearly, coming to the same conclusion in Romans 12. He exhorts us to do likewise:

If we present our “bodies, (Paul says), a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God”; if we reject the intense pressure to conform to the world’s ways of thinking and doing; If we rather submit ourselves to God, He will do the work of transforming us (Rom. 12:2.) The word “transform” is the same word as used to describe our Lord when He was “transfigured” on the mount in Matthew 17:2:

“And [He] was transfigured [transformed] before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.”

Paul alludes to the same thing happening spiritually to those who believe in 2Cor. 3:18

“But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed [transformed] into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.”

We submit to God, He transforms us.

2011/10/5 21:38Profile

Re: Holiness: Its All Of God

HI dietolive, you write..........

"Holiness; its all of God and we’re missing it unless we acknowledge all holiness as coming only from Him."

I wrote in the the article you commented on......

"Its not by might, nor by power, nor is it by our striving nor is it by our efforts, its by our brokenness and its by our surrender and it is by nothing else. This is the righteous man, this is the Holy man….God’s righteousness….God’s Holiness……God’s work, its all His work and it is His good pleasure to do it."

Tou write.........

"We submit to God, He transforms us."

I wrote in my article.......

"Men are so determined to do it themselves that when a man is saved, that is not the end. He now has to be broken, he has to know that everyone of his efforts will lead to nothing but defeat. It may take one year, it may take fifty years, but every genuine follower of Christ will be broken and when the brokenness comes and total surrender comes, then, and only then do they realize that it is all God and none of them. We are the recipients of mercy and grace, not of wages. And the irony of course is that the man who discovers this, who simply kneels at the feet of Jesus, is the man who is who is transformed and changed daily into the image of Christ.'

Brother, it seems we are on the same page. Isaiah 6 is one of my favorite passages of Scripture. You write.....

"Here was the BEAUTY of HOLINESS ETERNAL. Only in this LIGHT could Isaiah know how wicked his sins were. “My lips are polluted! I even came out of a people of polluted lips!” he says in verse 5. In the sin-crushing presence of the HOLY ONE, he knew he was utterly wicked and useless and he knew what the just sentence against him must be: Death. He lamented, “Alas! … I’m a dead man…”

Then appears the unspeakable mercy of God in verse 6: One of the angels takes Holy Fire from the Holy Altar and touches Isaiah’s lips with it, saying that they were no longer polluted. He explains that his iniquity was now taken away and his sins wholly cleansed. Now he was HOLY, and it was even God who worked that holiness in him. As a “dead man” he could not make himself holy. No, it was ALL of God.'

Praise the Lord brother, praise the Lord. You and I are definately on the same page. My ayes have seen the glory of the Living God and He His presence has ruined me for this world, Jesus is my grand obsession, and I'm sure yours too!!! ...........brother Frank

2011/10/5 21:59
dietolive

Re:

I'm glad we see this the same :O) Yes, I do love the Lord, and I thank God for His grace. I know where I would be without his staying hand. And I ask God for grace to continue going where that hand is leading me...

Be well my Brother,
Doug

2011/10/5 22:56Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re: Holiness: Its All Of God

Doug wrote: "He saw the Lord sitting upon the Throne of His Glory way up high, and his beautiful robes flowing all the way down and to the walls all around. He saw the mighty and terrifying angels flying all about Him. He heard them cry “HOLY! HOLY! HOLY! is the LORD of hosts!: the whole earth is full of his Glory!” and felt the posts of the great Temple entrance shake at the thunderous shout of their unearthly voices. He saw the blazing light emanating from the Holiest of ALL in the face of Almighty God penetrate through the swirling smoke…."

This gripped me.

How we need to see Him!

...How I need to see Him!

2011/10/7 11:02Profile
dietolive

Re:

ADisciple -

You and me both my friend! Daily.

Leonard Ravenhill once said that if it were possible to just peel back the curtain of heaven, just a little, and we could peer through for just a moment, our fears and our failings would recieve a mighty blow...

Oh Lord give us a fresh vision of thy Holiness today!

Be well,
Doug

2011/10/7 12:34Profile

Re:

Amen!!! May we see Him high and lifted up. May He be magnified in our hearts and minds today! Let our eyes be upon Him and Him alone who causes us to rise above the storms. And even when we fall He catches us and says " Peace, be still." Thank you Jesus........... brother Frank

2011/10/7 13:54
dietolive

Re:

Beautifully said, brother Frank

Be well! :O)

2011/10/7 14:49Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy