SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What it really means to be a hypocrite

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
jde_1Cor1_6

PH

What it really means to be a hypocrite

These past months, my heart is swelling and heavy of all the things that I am seeing. I cannot stand it anymore. I don't want to sound judgmental but my ear hurts to hear many who are doing wrong but have the audacity to swear in God's name that they haven't done anything. For many times I was often found to be the culprit for someone's sin because the sin was done when no one is around but me. They even confront me of my past sins which I did not deny in order to nullify my witness.

Hypocrisy such as I never thought possible! This morning it came up to my mind to open a passage about hypocrisy and this is what I found:

Matthew 6

22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

I read the verses before it starting from verse one. It seems to me that Christ is pointing out common characteristics with regards to hypocrisy: "To be seen of men".

In light of this common point which Jesus was saying, I came with the interpretation of the verse I listed above:

Matt 6
v. 22 The conscience of the body is what you see (the good things and the bad things). If your eye (the way you see) is pure (you know the true essence/purpose of the goodness you see) your whole body will be full of good things (you are presented with good aspirations because of the good you see).

v.23 But if how you see is perverted (the goodness you see you think that it can be done for personal glory) your whole body is full of darkness!
If the goodness that you do is perversely done (done to the intent of self-glory) how great is the evil in you!

Hope this helps for the glory of God and of the testimony of Jesus Christ.

2011/10/2 23:53Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy