SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Case of Youcef Nadarkhani. What does it telk us?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The Case of Youcef Nadarkhani. What does it telk us?

By this time many around the world are aware of this brother who is standing for his faith in Christ. When we one turns on the news we hear of nameless suicide bombers who go into public places strapped full of explosives and blow them selves up. Countless lives are lost and many injured.

Yet hear stands a 34 yea unassuming man who will not renounce his faith in Jesus Christ. This man is no super saint. He is not a prophetic David Wilkerson or a powerful Paul Washer, and I respect these men. Youcef Nadarkhani is a man who loves Jesus. He is a pastor who loves his people and a husband and father who loves his wife and children. He is human like you or I and would no doubt prefer to be with his church and family. Not in a prison or on a gallows. Yet if the Iranian court has its way he could very well be the first public martyr for Christ in recent years.

At this moment the name of Christ is being lifted up in Youcef's life. The world will know that hear is a simple man, but a solid man of faith who is prepared to give his life for Jesus Christ. Is he fearful? No doubt. Is his family afraid? No doubt. But Youcef has made it known that he will not deny his faith in Christ.

I have read that the Iranian president and supreme religious ruler regard the house churches as a threat to Islam. They say in regard to Youcef Nadarkhani that to execute Youcef is to protect Islamic values. Should the Iranian government make the mistake and execute Youcef Nadarkhani, there would be an explosion of the gospel all over Iran. Remember what happened when Stephen was stoned anf how the church grew. Jesus said unless a kernal of wheat falls in the ground and dies it remains only a single seed. But if it dies it produces many seeds. Tertullian said the blood of the martyr is the seed of the church. If Iran thinks they have a problem with the gospel now, let them execute Youcef Nadarkhani and see what happens.

I believe the attention this brother is getting is bringing to light there is a persecuted church. Christianity is the only major religion in the world that is persecuted. The Moslem or Jew or Hindu or Buddhist may argue this. But show me a faith where over 200 million people 60 percent being children are oppressed. Show me a faith who has more imprisoned for following its founder. Show me a faith that has over 100 thousand martyred each year. I think I can safely say Christians are the most persecuted faith in the world.

Saints please keep Youcef and the persecuted in your prayers. I cannot help but think he will be the first of many martyrs to come.

Blaine Scogin

2011/9/30 9:19
DHuff

Atlanta

Re: The Case of Youcef Nadarkhani. What does it telk us?

Good, thought-provoking comments on this situation, brother. I know many of us have been praying for Pastor Youcef and his family. His plight is a powerful reminder for all believers of the importance of Hebrews 13:3; may we who live under less oppressive governments continue to be diligent in prayer concerning those in power, and never take freedom to proclaim the Gospel for granted.

2011/9/30 10:39Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: The Case of Youcef Nadarkhani. What does it telk us?

Isn't is strange, how muslims can be worried over one person being a Christian?

Maybe they realise something we have yet to realise.

As it is, what we also need to think about, concerning ourselves, is, would we rather die for Christ, or live as a muslim?

How long before we here in the west have to make that decision? Think it will never happen?

God help us to wake up before it is too late.

God bless.

2011/9/30 11:17Profile

Re:

Actually there is a lot of people coverting to Christianity in Iran... thus the example they want to make of this one man.

Krispy

2011/9/30 12:13

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy