SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : I had a dream...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christskid

I had a dream...

Can someone help me? I`m in middle school and think I had a dream that I think is from God, but I`m not sure. I was strugling with school (math, attitude, friendships, etc.) and had the dream. Last year I got into a fight with one of my best friends(Terrell)and he said he`d pray for me and that God will help and I said God better act fast. So this year, when I was strugling, me and an aquaintence started talking and became friends. He brought me closer to God and inspried me to pray more and be more of an example of christ than I was. So one night I went to sleep and dreamed this:

Me and the friend (his name is Wesley) were in a field with my parents. Wesley was standing and talking with my parents across the field. I ran over and stood beside Wesley and he grabbed my hand. I pulled away because my parents (specifically my dad) are VERY strict about dating, but he gently pulled me beside him and held me there. By then I was terrified my dad would get angry but he started smiling like he was happy we were together, and I realized I liked Wesley as more than a friend.

That`s the dream. I had another dream a few nights ago when I was thinking of ways to tell him:

Terrell and Wesley (they`re best friends) were sitting next to eachother and I walked up and gave Wesley a note. I walked away and the dream ended.

I woke up the next morning and did that exact thing the exact day. I don`t know whether it`s God or I`m phycic or what but I have to know before I do anything else. Please help me!

-Thanks!

2011/9/29 17:14Profile
MaryJane

Re: I had a dream...

Christskid

You mentioned that you are in middle school so I think the best thing for you to do would be to go to your mother and father and share your thoughts with them. Speak with them about these feelings you are having for this boy and ask for their guidance. I am sure that both your parents love and care for you very much and would be best suited to give you guidance in this area of your life, much better suited then a stranger on a forum would.

Also I wonder do you own a Bible? If you do then please take this time in your life to spend with the LORD, make getting to know JESUS your highest priority.

God Bless
maryjane

2011/9/29 19:08Profile
Trekker

northern USA

If you are having homosexual feelings for this friend that is not a good thing and could destroy the friendship, or lead to sinful behavior and it's consequences (i.e STDs, HIV, sexual bondage, etc). The dream may be satan tempting you into homosexual sin or it may simply be a subliminal manifestation of feelings you suppress during the day or yes it may even be God trying to tell you something. What you should do is pray about it, and you should also renounce out loud the homosexual desires contained in the dream; resist the devil and he will flee from you, draw nigh to God and He will draw nigh to you. Dreams of a hetero and homosexual nature are actually quite common but the important thing is not to indulge them.

2011/9/29 22:21Profile
MaryJane

Re:

I thought that the original poster was a girl from the way the post was written?? Is that not the case? I still believe you need to go to your parents with this situation.

God Bless
mj

2011/9/29 22:30Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

Oh! Lol. Hmm. I dont know where i got the impression the poster was male. Oooops! Probably because our culture is so infested with it(homosex), even in the churches, and the fact that she said the (first) friend was her "best" friend. Although i know it is possible for middle school girls to have boys who are their BEST friends, i am more acquainted with girls at that age having girls for their best friends, and boys as more casual friends.

That aside, i guess it all depends on the parents. Some parents can talk to their kids, others can't. And vice versa. In some cases it might only make the situation worse. I never could talk to my parents about anything so am not one to suggest that. Like once when i was 12 i knew that a friend's father was sexually abusing my friend's little brother but i knew what my parent's response would be and that i could not turn to them for anything so i never was able to tell anyone. Tragic, cuz the kid was becoming a basket case. Even when her father tried to molest me also i had to handle it myself (i was a tough kid, thank God).

Anyway, if the poster is female that changes things a bit. I suspect the 2nd dream is merely a reflection of her desire to tell Wesley how she really feels about him, hence the part where she handed him the note and walked away. But i could be wrong; so much with dreams can also depend on the tone and feelings inspired in the dream.

2011/9/30 0:09Profile

Christskid, I'm so impressed with you that you are in middle school and really seeking to have your relationships with guys submitted completely to the Lord Jesus Christ. You know I don't think most young people your age get the Lord involved in that area of their life. I'm 54 and I did everything the wrong way. I'm probably older than your dad, but I'd like to just give you some simple advice. How about if you let Jesus be Lord of every guy you ever meet, every guy you ever even talk to, every guy you ever like, every guy you will ever have a relationship with and the guy that you will one day marry. Christskid, you can't go wrong this way, but there are sure many ways to mess up if you leave the Lord out of this very important part of your life. The temptations in public schools are so great. You're in an environment where everyone is your age and everyone is available. And, young people seem to be willing to get far more sexually involved than they ever should. Would you ask Jesus to be Lord of your relationship with Wesley? You're not really sure the dream was from the Lord.

I'll just say I think it's great that you want to honor the Lord in your relationships with boys (you are a girl--right?), and that is a great thing. Most young people your age are not willing to turn this area of their life over to the Lord, and they make a big mistake by not doing that. You are going to have such a blessed life if you are one of the few people willing to do that. And, the Lord will one day give you your dream guy when you are older and ready to get married. God bless you. EZ.

2011/9/30 0:33
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

Good advice, Endzone.

2011/9/30 0:53Profile
ArtB

New York

From your post, I can not tell whether you are a boy or a girl.

By all means follow your heart and become close friends with these two fine Christian lads. True friends are a great blessing for many years to come. And the best way to have friends is to be a friend.

"A friend is one who strengthens you with prayers, blesses you with love, and encourages you with hope."

"Friends always show their love. What are brothers for if not to share troubles?"- Proverbs 17:17

"Some friendships do not last, but some friends are more loyal than brothers."
- Proverbs 18:24

"An honest answer is the sign of true friendship."
- Proverbs 24:26

"A friend means well, even when he hurts you. But when an enemy puts his hand round your shoulder - watch out!"
- Proverbs 27:6

"Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up."
- Bible: Ecclesiastes -
We all need to be picked up every once in a while.

"The greatest love a person can have for his friends is to give his life for them."
- John 15:13

"A mirror reflects a man's face, but what he is really like is shown by the kind of friends he chooses."
- Proverbs 27:19

"A friend loveth at all times."
- Proverbs 17:17

"Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens his friend's countenance."
-Proverbs 27:1

"Friends are friends forever, if the Lord is the Lord of them
And a friend will not say never, cause the welcome will not end
Though it's hard to let you go
In the Father's hands I know
That a lifetime's not too long... to live as friends."
-Michael W Smith

By all means, become close friends, may your hearts ever be joined together.

2011/9/30 1:47Profile

Re:

Quote:
Christskid

You mentioned that you are in middle school so I think the best thing for you to do would be to go to your mother and father and share your thoughts with them. Speak with them about these feelings you are having for this boy and ask for their guidance. I am sure that both your parents love and care for you very much and would be best suited to give you guidance in this area of your life, much better suited then a stranger on a forum would.

Also I wonder do you own a Bible? If you do then please take this time in your life to spend with the LORD, make getting to know JESUS your highest priority.

God Bless
maryjane

Amen. Go to your parents dear christskid.

To give another person's underage child your advice, you may just be corrupting the morals of a minor or giving advice that is contrary to what their parents would give.

You ADULTS need to remember that there are underage children on this site at ALL times and remember that they have parents and you may even bring CHARGES AGAINST SERMONINDEX.

2011/9/30 1:54
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Brother Art, what I believe the original poster is asking is if they should become more than friends ie moving their relationship into a more dating like setting.

I am far from dissappointed in the advise given as middle school is not a time to date but to learn and as MaryJane suggested grow closer to God, not boys.

2011/9/30 1:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy