SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : HEADCOVERING FOR WOMEN by Zac Poonen

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Chris,

The head coverings I am referring to worn by females in other churches were hats. I do not doubt for one minute that eventually its significance was lost to its wearers - it had simply become a matter of fashion. I do not know what pictures you were looking at, but I have seen many where the ladies wore 'hats' during worship services. You are right, not all did, but neither was it an uncommon practice. Actually, if you are aware of its practice you will begin to notice it. Many people do not notice it unless it is pointed out.

Years ago nurses uses to wear caps when practicing. Did you know its origin began by obedience to this scripture? However, most nurses had no clue about its origins. Today one rarely sees an RN with a cap - I miss seeing it, if for no other reason that it looks so unprofessional!

The style of head covering in the west in the past was more cap-like then veil-like. In Communist Russia it was a scarf tied under the chin - these pictures are quite common. Sabrina Wurmbrand used to wear a broad headband which was also in common use among Christian ladies of the communist bloc countries. (This is the style worn by Brandy.) There is a modern trend among some groups to wear a flowing veil. And if you sure wish you wouldn't have to wear one, you wear a small doily! In our church we have ladies who wear the white cap and the white flowing veil.

Blessings.

ginnyrose

2011/10/3 9:22Profile
mikey2

Re:

After breaking away from the Catholic church doctrinally, the Protestant church however retained many of the structural traditions. And they have up until today.

Catholics wear "doilies' or lace headcoverings on their heads. And some parts of Protestantism do the same thing.

Mike

2011/10/3 9:26Profile
mikey2

Re:

When I was in the military, I prayed much with my helmet on and the Holy Spirit never told me to take it off.

2011/10/3 9:28Profile

Re:

I think the nature of this thread is very sad, but also very revealing.............brother Frank

2011/10/3 9:39
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:

Ginnyrose, do you truly believe that those who do not wear 'something' on their heads, do Not have marvelous testimonies as well? Women who have served GOD overseas or in City Streets or those who are now in Heaven, who's writings are listed here on SermonIndex? Or our fellow Sisters that have even posted here, over these last 9 yrs?

JIG, I am not judging other ladies who refuse to wear one. This belongs to God.

I have said before that I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that wearing one will not guarantee one's entrance into heaven. Refusing to wear one? I do not know. This is not my business to discern. My business is to be obedient and to encourage others to do likewise. That is all.

I know there are many uncovered women who can challenge you with their Spiritual insights but I still do not know where they are in their walk with God. Same with males. There are many wonderful preachers out there who are inspiring but this does not guarantee they have a living walk with God. I judge no man or woman - unless I am in the presence of raw evil. If anyone feels convicted, it comes from the LORD, not me - I cannot convict anyone.

Yes, I agree, there are females out there who ministered faithfully for the kingdom, e.g., Corrie ten Boom - I love her writings, btw. I want to assume they will go to heaven, but never having been there, I do not know whether they made it or not. God did not tell me and I am not going to allow this to bother me - it is beyond my scope in life. My duty is to be faithful to the WORD and its Author.

JiG, in your criticism of me, have you ever stopped to consider that I am well aware that my belief on this issue is not popular on this board? But that I still post? Ever think about that? What do you make of it? Want me to tell you? I consider people as humans who are on a spiritual journey, being changed from glory to glory. This process includes the sharpening of iron with iron - there will be friction to accomplish this. But you get sharpened and much more useful. We are here on this planet to encourage others in their walk with the LORD and this is a growing process. We are like trees planted by the rivers of living water - and did you know a tree does not stop growing until it dies? You see, one never comes to the place in which there is no need of growth or change. My 84 YO mother has changed radically in the last couple of years, going from a bitter old woman to a sweet one...Change - it is always in the present and in the future. Which way will you go?

Blessings.
ginnyrose

2011/10/3 9:55Profile

Re:

Criticism?

Ginnyrose, the first two lines were written to you, the rest as you can see from the spacing was written before I even read your posts. I added the top two after coming online with this unsecured wireless connection that fades in and out. I went offline/dial-up in Aug and my reasons have been posted on a few threads last month.

You may have not been openingly judging anyone, but this thread is and that was the bulk of what I addressed and wrote offline before C&P it here.

Quote:
Yes, I agree, there are females out there who ministered faithfully for the kingdom, e.g., Corrie ten Boom - I love her writings, btw. I want to assume they will go to heaven, but never having been there, I do not know whether they made it or not. God did not tell me and I am not going to allow this to bother me - it is beyond my scope in life. My duty is to be faithful to the WORD and its Author.

GR, this sounds a little iffy. "I want to 'assume' they will go to heaven" (?)

Your last paragraph is not written in the spirit that I expected for a reply to mine. I'm half Jewish and was just about to correct Mikey because my other half of the family and where I had to go my first so many yrs of church-going was catholic ... and they stopped their doilys decades ago. In fact they dress anyway they want now.

You may "still post here" but there are hints in these posts on this thread now of how you feel about those who do not cover, that as I said above just now, are iffy in the wording concerning those who don't and Heaven - which the majority of most Protestant churches don't cover and that's where I see the problem on this thread.

I will wear the 'physical' covering in those places that I visit that do, such as Messianic gatherings, and as I said - defend this practice for others - but to judge the salvation, holiness, consecration to GOD by this issue is very wrong, considering the many groups represented here and in the world that are doing more to win true converts than others.
The conservative-reformed [PCA] church that I attended before moving to the north, are doing more for missions than I've ever seen in a denomination and I started up there, only because they were teaching Holiness.

Yes, we're all growing - but you don't know how many uncovered women are giving more of their lives, in every area of their lives and being poured out like a drink offering for Christ yet don't cover and WILL indeed go to Heaven, as the women before them that were truly Regenerated and had Christ as their covering have.

I 'clearly' expressed my respect for those Sisters of mine that do cover but - This topic is Not a Salvation issue and THAT needs to be brought out here.

Again - In His Love!

2011/10/3 10:18
MaryJane

Re:

I have been praying more about this thread and wanted to ask, of those who do feel led to wear head covering all the time, would someone who does not wear a head covering keep you from having fellowship with that person?

Just seeking to understand this issue better

God Bless
mj

2011/10/3 10:44Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

Quote:
Refusing to wear one? I do not know.

This statement is a bit troubling (regarding this issue as potentially being a deal breaker concerning eternity), if I can be completely honest.

2011/10/3 11:13Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Brethren,

Let us think of this rationally and biblically. The New Testament Scriptures clearly teach on modesty for women in the church. Yet in evangelicalism in North America women dress just like the world in very revealing attire. There is not difference in most cases how women dress in the church and in the worst places in the world system.

The scriptures teach clearly in the New Testament that women are to submit to men in the home and men are to lead. Also in the church that women are to be silent in most cases and not teach over the men. This is God's method and order. yet in evangelism in North America most women act in the same way that flaggrant feminists do in the world usurping control and authority from men or desiring offices in the church.

The scriptures clearly teach about a headcovering and specific emphasis on women being "mindful" of being covered (even if that does not mean putting on a covering) it should at least be something that is practiced in the heart. But in modern evangelism almost all the women in churches do not think about this scripture or principle and are not mindful of the need of covering in the presence of God.

These are just a few principles that in church order are not practiced or are considered legalistic by many. But they are clearly biblical principles and are not taught, exhorted and practiced in the modern church in many circles.

If Jesus Christ has full control of our lives and they are truly not our own then why would we argue with him on these matters. Why would we try and explain them away? May God give us a Spirit to simply obey Him and love Him in all things.

Sadly many people want Church their own way and in their own style and do not bother to ask the Lord exactly what He wants. Can people have these external things right and be far away from the Lord in their hearts, yes! But that does not stop us who are close to the Lord in our hearts to follow Him in obedience in these areas.

May we come to maturity saints and agree with God on all Scriptures no matter how much it will set us apart from the world.

--

And no we do not judge sisters if they do not cover their heads nor judge them if they do. May every person be convinced in his own mind. And may we all be open to truth hence this article being written for our edification.

2011/10/3 11:14Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:
of those who do feel led to wear head covering all the time, would someone who does not wear a head covering keep you from having fellowship with that person?

I fellowship with you, do I not? Did you not know before now that I cover?

ginnyrose

2011/10/3 11:32Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy