SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Iranian Pastor Sentenced to be Hung

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Pisted ketter from Brother Youcef

In reading Brother Youcef's letter he knows he will be martyred. As the devil steps up persecution of believers around the world I cannot shake this sense that Asia Bibi and Youcef Nadarkhani may very well give their lives for Jesus. My prayers have been for their release and protection. Yet God does tell us in Rev.13:10-11........He who has an ear let him hear. If anyone is to go into captivity into captivity he will go. If anyone is to be killed with the sword, with the sword he will be killed. This calls for patient endurance and faithfulness on the part of the saints.........John also tells us that the saints overcame the devil by the blood of the lamb, by the word of ther testimony, and by not loving their lives as unto death (Rev.12:11).

We must face thr fact that these two saints could very well be martyred. But realize these saints will not pass away in defeat but victory. Because they will have overcome the devil by loving Christ more than their own lives.

As one who leads a con call where we pray for the persecuted I am having to get more of the mind of Christ in terms of how we pray for these brothers and sisters who are facing death. Often times our prayers have been like those of Acts 12 for Peter. We are always praying for miraculous deliverance. But it could be that God would have us pray these precious saints continue to be faithful witnesses of Jesus. Even to their persecutors.

We need to ask what do Asia Bibi and Youcef Nadarkhani say to us. What do the martyrs past and present say to us. I have a feeling that Asia Bibi and Youcef Nadarkhani may be the first in what will be many more martyrs to come. May we learn from them and know what it is to willingly give our lives for Jesus.

For the persecuted,

Blaine Scogin

2011/9/27 0:49
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Brother,

What the martyr's speak to me is "Glory to the Lamb!"

this martyr's prayer is on my heart.

And falling to his knees he cried out with a loud voice, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them." And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

- Acts 7:60

Worthy is the Lamb who was slain from the foundation of the world!

Grace and Peace in Christ,

Travis

2011/9/27 1:12Profile

Re: Travis

Brother I say Amen. I believe the old Moravians would say as they departed for the mission field on what was sure to be a one way trip, 'May the Lamb that was slain recieve the reward of his sufferings.' We know that Christ died for Iran. For the gospel to go forth may require the death of his saints.

I am not advocating a cult of martyrdom. But Tertullian wrote in 204 A.D. that the blood of the martyr is the seed of the church. Jesus said unless a kernal of wheat falls into the ground and dies it remains only a single seed, but if it dies it produces many seeds.

Right now the Iranian government regards the house church movement as a threat to Islam. It has gotten the attention of the poilitical and religious leaders of Iran. From a temporal perspective the smartest thing is to let this brother go. But from an eternal perspective should this brother be executed I believe there would be an explosion of the gospel in Iran like no one has seen. If the Iranian government is concerned about the impact of the gospel now, let them execute this brother and see what happens. This would bring about the destruction of Islam in Iran. Christ would triumph.

Again let me be clear I am not desiring Youcef's martydom or saying one must be slain for the gospel to advance. But history has shown where the saiints have been slain the church has grown.(Wonder what church growth experts think of that)

At this point I am praying for God's glorious will to be done in Iran and his kingdom to grow. Should that be for our brother to go be with Jesus then watch out. The gospel will advance in Iran like no ones business.

For the cause of Christ,

Blaine Scogin

2011/9/27 9:55

Re: The Fifth Seal

As I was posting to Travis I was reminded of the fifth seal of Rev.6. As that seal was opened by the Lamb the martyrs cry to Jesus. How long before you judge the earth and avenge our blood. The martyrs are told to wait a little longer until more saints are brought into that kingdom. They too wlli be martyred.

Two things I note here. God is holding back judgement to bring more souls into the kingdom. And those who are martyred now are in some way growing the kingdom. Must flesh this out in word and prayer.

This may need to go on another thread but if any have thoughts on this please share.

Blaine

2011/9/27 10:16

Re: Latest update

One of my intercessory contacts emailed me credible information that Youcef Nadarkhani could be executed Wednesday evening or Thursday morning. I do not know if this Iranian or western time.

Anyone desiring to pray for Brother Youcef and Iran there will be a conference call tonight at 8pm central time. The number for the call is 712-432-0031. Access code is 452614#. This call is open for any who desire to pray for our brother and the believers in Iran.

Moderators please forgive me. I know we are not to promote individual ministries. And I assure you this is not to do so. But this brother needs our prayers. I am letting the saints know there is a venue by which we can cry out for Youcef and Iran. But however you do it please pray for Youcef and Iran.

Weeping for our brother,

Blaine

2011/9/27 18:08
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re: Blaine

Brother,

Brother Yousef has been on my heart lately. My prayer is that his testimony would bear much fruit. We are with our brothers and sisters in prison, and being united with them in suffering is such joy. We truly are one body.

And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

- Revelation 5:6

the focal point of all worship is upon the Lamb as it had been slain. The glory.

All day long we are as sheep led to the slaughter. This brings Jesus Glory! Praise Him! He is worthy!

Love,

Travis

2011/9/28 2:02Profile

Re: Travis

Indeed my brother. May the Lamb that was slain recieve the reward of his sufferings. May this single seed known as Youcef Nadarkhani that falls into the ground and dies bring many seeds and grow the church in Iran. To God be the glory.

Blaine

2011/9/28 8:29

Re: All saints

Our sister, Brandy, posted a letter from Youcef Nadarkhan ieritten back in June. The letter is back a little ways in this thread. If you have not done so or even if you have, please read it. It will touch your heart. It has so touched nine.

Blaine

2011/9/28 11:20

Re:

It was like reading a New Testament Epistle.

If the brother hasn't been taken from us already, our prayer is that his faith fail not in his critical hour of temptation.

2011/9/28 11:56

Re: Approved

Amen. God keep our brother stoing to the end. May his faith not fail him.

Blaine

2011/9/28 12:24

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy