SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Praying All Night?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "Hallelujah that someone is asking good questions. I too would like to know the answer to this."

Oh i am so relieved you have said this; i thought for sure i was only going to get criticism; there has been so much negativity and ranting on this site lately, or people just using a post to switch it to their own soapbox. Of course, i havent read the rest of the replies yet, maybe i am speaking too soon...

2011/9/26 20:25Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

Quote: "Yes I know this is not the way David Branaird did it. But st 60 years old I am not going to go out and pray in the snow on my knees. The arthritis could not stand
it."

Lol, martyr! Thank you for your answer on this. You make some great points, and i so relate with you on the arthritis thing. I would prefer to be on my knees but i cant last even 5 minutes in prayer that way, so now i always just sit so that i can pray longer (and i ask God's pardon for not being on my knees, for He is King of kings, and Lord of lords). I have too much pain in my bony knees for kneeling long enough to pray what i want to say or to even relax plus the pain is too distracting. But yes, like you mentioned, i always think i have to do like David Brainerd or Praying Hyde and all the other "greats" or i'm just not "cutting it". I worry i won't measure up to standard or be properly reverent.

THANK YOU, ALL OF YOU HAVE GIVEN SOME WONDERFUL ANSWERS!

2011/9/26 20:34Profile
Jenro60

Re:

Sheri, I totally get it!! God Bless!

2011/9/26 20:58Profile
Jenro60

Re:

Sheri, I totally get it!! God Bless!

2011/9/26 20:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy