SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christian Social Networking?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Trekker

northern USA

Christian Social Networking?

Are there any good, biblical Christian social networking sites? I think i looked at Godtube once but wasn't too impressed. Or maybe that doesnt count as one? Am wondering if there is a place to interact with Believers based on similar interests, etc.

2011/9/26 4:36Profile

Re: Christian Social Networking?

Yea, I've heard of one... it's called Sermon Index.

Seriously though, there are a couple out there but frankly it doesnt take very long for them to be infiltrated by every wind of doctrine under the sun.

Be very VERY careful. Better off finding a good church.

Krispy

2011/9/26 7:08
Trekker

northern USA

I'm not trying to leave sermonindex. I'm just looking for something additional...a place where one gets to know people. I think most people on here are probably married, so that doesnt help. But i also have noticed from day one that most members on this site don't really include any signif details about themselves on their profile page. No one lists their interests, hobbies, very few list anything at all. So i have not bothered to. Sermonindex is a jewel in that it is much more biblically sound than 99% of other Christian sites.

Gave up on Christian chatroooms years ago because they are full of teens, empty talk, and infiltrators.

2011/9/26 8:16Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I agree with Krispy on this one, there was once an older "GodTube" but then it became "tangle" basically a play on the T looking like a cross in certain font types and it was the "Christian Angle" As this site grew and became tangle its value and enjoyment were destroyed by advertisments and many of the were very nasty ads for very ungodly things that shouldn't have ever been present on a Christian site.

I really don't know of many others, other than one that my friend set up called TFFbook which is a play on the facebook thing, its not near as popular but the community like SermonIndex is Christian.

2011/9/26 8:16Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Krispy was right about getting involved somewhere like a good church and I would also like to add... getting involved in a good ministry where you actually get to deal with people!

About social networking, I love sermonindex as well as the next person on here! But I am coming to believe there is a real danger today facing the Church of Jesus Christ today and that is all this smart phone and social networking stuff... there is no one-on-one face-to-face interaction with other Christians and the unbelieving world in general.

I hope you find a good ministry also!

God bless you,
Lisa

2011/9/26 8:46Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

I'm sure there are many good churches where you live down in Tennessee. Where i live it is different, this is not the Bible Belt. I can take my pick of many churches, this is a very religious community: the ones with lesbians in the pulpit? ah, no, there is a better one with a secular humanist/psychologist in the pulpit who gives bloodless academic sermons adverse to repentance. Or i can take my pick of all the seeker-friendly rocknroll churches that entertain. Why, we even have ones where the main focus is drama. I remember one in which the pastor had a motorcycle gang ride their motorcycles into the sanctuary to wow everybody. That was at least better than all his one-act plays he put on every Sunday. The best one might be the pentacostal one where the Pastor Pharisee condemns the poor, and abused women. Hmm, no, the Oneness Pentacostal church on the other side of town is much kinder and serves up a wonderful false doctrine that denies the Trinity maybe i should go there? Of course there is also the fact that i am disabled and unable to get to leave the residence except on rare occasion. Could it be that God created the internet for a reason?

2011/9/26 21:37Profile

Re:

Quote:
Could it be that God created the internet for a reason?

I thought that was Al Gore?

Your list of churches sounds just like the vast majority of churches here in the western mountains of North Carolina. It's the same everywhere, brother.

God always has a remnent. You just gotta find it.

Krispy

2011/9/27 7:25

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy