SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Anyone who can tell me of their experience of their struggle with the Holy Spirit being silent

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
Trekker

northern USA

Re: Anyone who can tell me of their experience of their struggle with the Holy Spirit

Endzone and bible4life: Don't forget about Samson. The Holy Spirit left him too due to disobedience, but eventually came back. This should give some hope. And remember, Samson had been disobedient in more ways than one, before the final disobedience which drove God away. He had been touching dead bodies, laying with a woman (pagan woman as well!), etc. He had been playing with fire for quite a while.

2011/9/20 2:32Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "Even if the Lord takes us through a lot of pain, He still loves us. Even if the Lord just flat out punishes us for our sin, He still loves us. He still is up to something good. So, don't give up. Something good will work out."--Endzone.

Very encouraging words, Endzone, thank you for all of us. Also, i really appreciate the honesty in all your posts and in bible4life's. Very refreshing. I would say a vast majority of Christians are experiencing the absence of the presence of God but just won't admit it because they would not appear spiritual otherwise.

bible4life, have you ever contacted anyone to conduct a deliverance on you then? Could the hatred you are feeling be rooted in bitterness by any chance, or does it just come out of nowhere and make no sense?

2011/9/20 2:48Profile

Re:

well i have had bitterness and anger and a lack of acceptance in the spirit, my issue is i have tried repenting and confessing all of that but i end up going right back to those sins.

2011/9/20 12:53

Re:

Wow... you sound like the Apostle Paul.

Romans 7:18-19 "For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice."

It's good that you feel frustrated by it! It prooves that you are truly saved.

Krispy

2011/9/20 12:59

Re:

Thanks Trekker. That story of Samson is one of the most fascinating stories in all the Bible. I'll tell you if I was this super stud guy and then had my eyes put out and was turned into a slave (and lost the anointing of the Holy Spirit), I too would want to die. Sampson went to the very highest status in life to the very lowest. His faith that the Holy Spirit would come upon him one more time is amazing. I think he wanted to die, but man, what a way to go. I have always thought that if I was in a war, I wouldn't mind dying if I could take a few of the enemy with me. I would love to have seen that colesium fall down.

Thanks for your encouraging words.

2011/9/20 14:28
Sree

Re:

I think too many Christians give way to much credit to the devil.

Agreed Krispy, even brother Zac said that many times. As a Christian we need to be threat to Devil and not Devil a threat to us.
Every poster who talked about devil tormenting them if they think peacefully about every situation in which they slipped badly, there will be case of them trusting their strength rather than the power of holy spirit.

2011/9/20 14:47Profile

Re:

I dont know... I'm not qualified to speak on this issue because I lean too much on the Word of God. :-)

Krispy

2011/9/20 15:05
Sree

Re:

"I would say a vast majority of Christians are experiencing the absence of the presence of God but just won't admit it because they would not appear spiritual otherwise."

I don't agree with this. I don't care what vast majority of Christians go though. Even if 100% of Christians are struggling with sexual sin, I will still believe that it is not normal for a man to struggle and Jesus came to deliver us all.
Brothers please understand the difference, you need to encourage someone who is struggling with a particular sin by saying how God took you out of it. But the posters here encourage others saying I am going though the same so dont worry. And also saying majority of believers are struggling so let us also struggle.
Please come out of this attitude. If you cannot atleast do not advice others to think like you. God did not intend us to be a struggling person but to be an overcomer.
Why do you posters take old testament men as an example to explain that Sin is normal? We are in new testament, our example should be from it. God has set you much higher standard than what he has set for Samson. So dont even compare yourself with him.
I am not saying this projecting that I am perfect, no am not and am far from it. But I will never say that struggling with same sin is NORMAL. IT IS NOT AND IT IS A CHEAP CHRISTAINITY THAT MOST OF THE BELIEVERS HAVE LEARNT TO ACCEPT DUE TO THEIR CONTINUOUSLY DEFEATED LIFE.

2011/9/20 15:10Profile
Sree

Re:

Dont be discouraged Krispy. Sometimes I dont agree with your posts but I agree with everything you have said about Devil. The scenario of Paul speaking on thorn is not a devil distrubing him. There is no way a devil can even upset a man like Paul to whom Jesus gave all authority over devil (Jesus gave this authority over evil spirits to every desciple of his, LUke 11).
A thorn in flesh should be the physical flesh and hence a problem with his body like Stomach Pain. Which God did not remove just to keep Paul Humble. In old testament God saved people when they were put on fire (Daniel) but in new testament, God did not save his belivers most of the time from physical tortures (eg Stephen), because in this new life God has given us so much Grace even to take these tortures with Joy for his name.

2011/9/20 15:18Profile

Re:

Quote:
I dont know... I'm not qualified to speak on this issue because I lean too much on the Word of God. :-)

Krispy

You lean too much on your interpretation of the word of God. It's your interpretation that is wrong at times. And Christians that have not had to deal with demonic spirits in a personal way usually don't know what the heck they are talking about--that is until and if they may actually have a problem with them in a family member or have a problem with it themselves. These Christians twist the scripture to mean what they what it to mean--just like prosperity gospel preachers do. Nobody has a monopoly on the interpetation of the word of God Krispy--especially Christians who are always quoting (or misquoting) the Bible to claim that their position is from God Himself.

Go read I Samual 16:14. It actually says "And the spirit of the LOrd departed from Saul and an evil spirit OF THE LORD troubled him". You would probably interpret this passage to mean that it wasn't God who put the evil spirit on Saul. I know Kenneth Copeland didn't when I talked with him about it at a high school football several years ago.

2011/9/20 17:28

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy