Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Robert Morris - The blessed life

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Robert Morris - The blessed life

The church my wife and I go to right now dividing into small life groups for 6 weeks to go through this teaching of 'The blessed life'. It is also the sermond series for th next 4 weeks.

I don't keep up with church evangelists like I used it. I only have my antenna up for when something comes my way that just doesn't sound right. This title doesn't even sound right to me. It sounds too close to the prosperity message in title.

What does anyone know about this guy and his teachings?

I have google him and only found a couple of sites that 'exposed' him as a fraud complete with youtube video. On the whole I see positive stuff but I can't help to think that a kind of message like this would work in America but not in , say Africa. My thinking.

My wife and I had planned to get involved in this group thing. For myself, it wouldn't be so much for the topic as it would be for the fellowship but yet the topic really disturbs me ALOT. I also saw that this pastors church is in a very affluent part of Dallas so why wouldn't a blessed life work there?

Any commments?
btw, We are attending a Nazarene church. A small mega church. I say small becuase according to the attendance records I Have seen there around about 3000 people who attend it.

2011/9/18 13:06Profile
Discerning

Re: Robert Morris- The blessed life

What is Sad is that you say it does'nt sound right before you have searched out the matter not sure that is a biblical approach is it?..... while yes there many a false prosperity message out there that does not mean all who talk of Gods blessing advocate it, the above man of God you mention is actually against the prosperity Gospel and has to my knowledge preached to that effect, i am blessed to have enjoyed many of his sermons whilst i do not agree with everything he says, he in my humble opinion is a good expositor on the word of God.

Remember it is God who will test every mans work, by fire to see weather it hold's up, is not knowing Jesus the most blessed life? Pastor Robert Morris has many series in the blessed life series, one of which is on the exposition of the holy spirit according to the Word of God!, i encourage you to watch him first hand before, making any judgment, some of the series can be viewed online at :http://theblessedlife.com/

whilst i also am very weary of the Finacial Gospel and like to stay away from it, but i am learning to look at the overall picture and not focus on a small part of someones teaching as to miss the rest of the message that can be a blessing.

i hope you are blessed by his sermons and that they encourage you.

Godbless.

Your Brother.

Christopher.

2011/11/11 8:37Profile
jujashan4

Hey .... How was it?

We've been encouraged by the "pastor" of our "church" (sorry, I just think both these terms are misused)
to go through his book in our "life groups"

Andrew.

2014/6/24 8:03Profile
SolaVeritas

SK Canada

Re:

I never heard of this man before but looked into it and found his books on Amazon. Here are two of the titles:

The Blessed Life: The Simple Secret of Achieving Guaranteed Financial Results
From the Back Cover: This book will transform your life for the better, bringing you guaranteed financial results

The Power of Your Words: How God Can Bless Your Life Through the Words You Speak
From the Back Cover: Determine Your Future by the Words You Speak Today

Surprisingly (or not) there are raving comments and a ton of five star ratings. As for me, I would leave a church that chooses this kind of study material.

2014/6/24 23:35Profile
jujashan4

Anyone else with thoughts about this guy's "blessed life" series?
We're supposed to be doing it in our "church".
I've listened to 3 of his messages and had a quick look at the book - seems terrible to me so far.
I'm going to investigate further and talk with a couple of brothers then God willing talk with the man running the "church“.

2014/6/26 8:38Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

It is very clear from doing a few searches on this man's name that he is teaching the prosperity gospel in a very deceptive way. I would steer clear from this man and ministry.

Listen to this short message:

Another Gospel by David Wilkerson
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=2&commentView=itemComments

and watch this:

The Seeker Friendly Movement: A Prophetic Warning by David Wilkerson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc9B1vuhlpU

2014/6/26 12:09Profile

Re:

This fella is one of the worse imho. Check out what he says here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu_Zl6c0nF4

2014/7/12 1:36
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Seriously your 'discernement' involves doing a google search? How absurd!! You do a 10 minute google search and you are now an expert on the man, his ministry and what he teaches. Expected more from you Greg!

Just for intests sake I've heard this man a handful of times see I am no expert either.

2014/7/12 2:43Profile

Re:

Obviously brother Greg would never suggest anyone get their discernment from google but from the Lord. And that is honed over time. I only had to listen to this guy for 10 minutes and I could tell he was a WOF false preacher. I am surprised you were not able to pick up on that.

2014/7/12 3:01
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

But thats exactly what you just did!

2014/7/12 3:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy