SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Views on Big Churchs

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Sree

Views on Big Churchs

I would like to invite your views on Churches with more than 1000s of people attending every Sunday sessions with huge auditoriums etcs.
I am not against big Churches and in fact I came to know Christ in a such a Church but at some stage in my life it became a stumbling block to my spiritual growth so I am part of home fellowship now.
Please use this thread to tell me your views on Big Churches if you are part of one of them and home fellowship if you are part of it. This thread is not to bring division or fight.
In my view there is no body of Christ in such Churches in which you dont know who sits next to you in every single session. How can you construct a body of Christ when there is no fellowship between the Church attendees? Based on my light your spiritual growth will be limited if you are not part of a body of Christ and if you do not share the burdens of other parts of your body.

2011/9/17 19:19Profile
lovejt

Re: Views on Big Churchs

I agree with where you are coming from Sree on the most part. I am in a 'big church' now and also have been in a home setting. What you mentioned is the challenge in a large assembly. I don't think its 'required' that you know every single person for it to be a legit body of Christ in God's eyes. But if we are not connected and don't have that fellowship as you mentioned...then it is like a stumbling block. Usually, these places have small groups get together during the week. Thats all they can really do. Were you not able to feel connected in those? It probably was God's plan that you are where you are so things worked out the way they were supposed to. Like you said, it was the place you were saved. So the bigger places do have a purpose. Another purpose from my experience is that it can be a safe place if you have been through some legalistic/spiritually dangerous churches. I do prefer the smaller group though to be honest. More intimate.

2011/9/18 13:41Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i was in a huge church that had hundreds of cell groups inside of it that met every week for balance and personal fellowship and neighbohood evanelism... works out great. we have over 7000 youth in cell groups. some go to other local churches. we have many great churches here and we support most of them.jimp

2011/9/18 16:57Profile
Sree

Re:

Yes you are right. big churches surely have a purpose, they are like evangalical centers. I also understand that legalism can easily creep into home fellowship. In over chuch we have brother Zac as a spiritual elder who gets to know every thing that happens in our Church and makes sure to put an end to legalistic views when he meets us once in a year directly or via letter.
With big churches it is possible for the pastors to become either not hot or not cold (asin Revelation 2) as they do not want to lose their numbers. Also in most cases the pastors will be paid some percentage of the money collected and hence they try not to disturb the numbers. Have you seen this happening in your church?

2011/9/18 22:11Profile
Sree

Re:

Yes i have heard about such local churches but my question is does your main church give you some boundaries and expect you not to cross them? Like telling you what to talk etc. Every Church should be an independent body of Christ because logically speaking there is no big body and many small bodies. It does not work in that way.

2011/9/18 22:15Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, no legalism ,no greed... no fame , no scandal,Jesus and Him crucified. our church has spawned a few around town and has given greatly to save churches in fin. troubles.we also have started 20000 churhes around the world in the last 10 years and you more than likely never have heard of it.jim

2011/9/18 23:17Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy