SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Church Trouble

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
RefRev

Alabama

Church Trouble

There is a matter of importance and possibly urgency I need prayer about. The deacon I have mentioned before, that had been opposing and undermining me, caused some real problems tonight at the deacons meeting. He is no longer a deacon and should not have even been at the meeting. It was obvious from his attitude that he came there to straighten out the problem of the church, which he saw as me. He dominated the meeting with negativity and anger. At one time, I thought he was going to fight. It's obvious that he is trying to get me out. He has been for two years now. So far the Lord has stopped his efforts. Even exposing his lies to others in the congregation.

This man has opposed every preacher that has been here. Even though terrible things have happened to him within a week of doing so, he still continues. He does not learn that he is not opposing man, but God. I don't know how many times, as he did tonight, that he has told me how to run the church and ordered me not to preach over 35 min. This is wearing my wife and I out. If we get ran off, I not only loose my job, but we loose our place to live. We have been protected, I believe, because God has answered the prayers of those who have prayed. Please continue to lift us up, and that God will bring this man to repentance.

Pastor Rick
Summerdale Alabama

2011/9/16 18:00Profile
RefRev

Alabama

Re: Church Trouble

O well. I was hoping someone would have seen this as a serious threat to part of the body of Christ, and would have prayed about it.

2011/9/19 2:03Profile

Re:

Hey brother i am sure the brothers and sisters our keeping you in prayer who viewed it, sometimes people might not respond but view still and pray privately. Also sometimes when we respond we can sometimes be afraid of getting pride to by saying i prayed for you or something, i don't know you never know. Brother I am sure if it is the Lords will nothing can stop his will, you can be very confident that the Lord will have you exactly where he wants you.

2011/9/19 3:16
Creation7

Sorry, I just saw it today (I haven't been on here in a bit). I will definitely be praying. If there is anything I can say, it would be STAND! STAND FIRM! If you are in the right, again I repeat, stand! I would also humbly ask, Have you excommunicated this rebel? If he is, why was he even at this meeting? Why is he in the group of believers at all? You say,"He dominated the meeting with negativity and anger." You have been given the authority by God to stand up to this sower of discord. Go for it! It sounds like he is tearing down the church. He needs a public rebuke, if he's doing this against you and the rest of the church in public.

Praying for you

2011/9/19 12:22Profile
RefRev

Alabama

Re:

T

2011/9/19 17:21Profile
RefRev

Alabama

Re:

Thank you. I may have been in hast, due to discouragement.

2011/9/19 17:22Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Praying Brother as the Lord leads. Be strong and stay humble and close to Jesus.

2011/9/19 17:29Profile
RefRev

Alabama

Re:

[Sorry, I just saw it today (I haven't been on here in a bit). I will definitely be praying. If there is anything I can say, it would be STAND! STAND FIRM! If you are in the right, again I repeat, stand! I would also humbly ask, Have you excommunicated this rebel? If he is, why was he even at this meeting? Why is he in the group of believers at all? You say,"He dominated the meeting with negativity and anger." You have been given the authority by God to stand up to this sower of discord. Go for it! It sounds like he is tearing down the church. He needs a public rebuke, if he's doing this against you and the rest of the church in public.

Praying for you ]
Thank you so much for your prayers and encouragement. I guess the biggest problem, is this man has been the one who has Ran everuthing for over 40 yrs. I am only the second pastor that has not been and Intern. Interns come from their denomination (Which I am actually ordained in another denomination)to spend on yr. of practical experience. Hence, this man has been able to have his way. He is very influential in the community, and the people who don't follow his, are still not willing to oppose him. Neither are they willing to back up any one who does stand up to him. In our church, officers, serve for three yrs. then roll of for one. He is upset because he is not in controll at the moment
In following the Mt. 18 model for church discipline, this man had been the one I would have gone to if anyone was a problem. Since he is the problem, he reants and raves and interupts before I can get out what I need to address.
Even though this church, unfortunatly, is not willing to back me up, I believe God is getting ready to do something very noticible, soon. God Blees you and thank you again for your prayers and your words.

2011/9/19 17:33Profile
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

Hang in there. I have been in similiar circumstances as a Pastor. When you try to do something for God, the devil always fights. Don't give up! It may help if some of the other board members would stand up to him also. Check this possiblity out. Pray and work for God. He has everything under control. I will pray for wisdom.

2011/9/19 17:34Profile
DesertRose

Boston.MA

“If our circumstances find us in God, we shall find God in all our circumstances.” D L moody

2011/9/19 17:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy