Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ArtB

New York

Re:

by codek on 2011/9/16 15:59:12

"Elizabeth.

That website is full of false teaching. I had friends study the same DHT techniques taught by Curry Blake. Emmanuel is clearly a student of those teaching. He is very slippery because the teachings sounds so legit at first.

They essentially believe that since we are sons of God, we should have victory over every disease in our life and if we don't, we are not truly a christian.

I have went out on healing evangelism outreaches with these guys, none of these people are actually healed, they cannot produce one medical document saying they are healed, it's a fraud. At that moment, everyone says they are healed. It's a lot of tricky words also."

Thanks for pointing this out, Codek. I had a nephew and his wife who latched on to this 'True Christians through their faith will never get sick'. He wanted to be another Benny Hinn. Their beliefs did not serve them well. The 'prosperity' and 'never get sick' TV preachers give Christianity a black eye because they do not deliver on their promises, but they make themselves very wealthy.

2011/9/17 1:44Profile
ArtB

New York

Re: Reply to appolus and inthelight

Dear appolus and inthelight, I read your posts, and I even prepared a refutation of your ideas of what the Gospel actually is. I gave it some thought, and decided not to post what I wrote because it would better to see if we are all on the same page at what actually the Gospel of Jesus Christ actually is. Gospel meaning 'Good News'.

So I am asking you appolus, and you inthelight, to post what you actually believe is the Gospel of Jesus?

And let me know if you believe that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the New Covenant we have in Jesus?

If you say 'no' to the 2nd question, then how are the two related?

And,

This will help us to understand each other and to not talk past each other.

2011/9/19 19:42Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
So I am asking you appolus, and you inthelight, to post what you actually believe is the Gospel of Jesus?

I'll let Paul answer your question...

Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:
(Romans 16:25-26)

The gospel is the revelation of the mystery long hidden but now manifest in Christ Jesus. I can't think of a single good reason why the Manifestation of the mystery Himself would perpetuate the mystery in His own preaching.

In Christ,

Ron

2011/9/19 20:47Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Is this the mystery?

Colossians 1:25-29 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; ((((((which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:))))) Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

In Christ and Christ In me; Phillip

You cannot put a sock in the water without the water being in the sock.

You cannot put us in Christ without Christ being in us.

2011/9/19 20:54Profile
ArtB

New York

Re:

I will state plainly that anyone who tries to put Christians back under the Mosaic Laws, or portions thereof, has rejected the 'free gift' of God, of being saved by the Blood of Jesus, the perfect Paschal Lamb, by whom whose blood all our our sins: past, present, and future, had been permanently forgiven. Jesus has set us free of the Law of sin and death, let no one put us back under the yoke of the Mosaic Laws

It is by the faith of Jesus we are saved, and through whom we received the indwelling Holy Spirit, 'God in me', by whom God we have daily fellowship with God, Whom works in each of us daily to transform our very nature as we walk and talk with Him daily, that we may naturally do the good He created us to do.

Gal 2:15-3:5

15 "We are Jews by nature and not sinners from among the Gentiles; nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the Law; since BY THE WORKS OF THE LAW NO FLESH WILL BE JUSTIFIED."

17 "But if, while seeking to be justified in Christ, we ourselves have also been found sinners, is Christ then a minister of sin? May it never be! For if I rebuild what I have once destroyed, I prove myself to be a transgressor. For through the Law I died to the Law, so that I might live to God. I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly."

Galatians 3

3:1 Faith Brings Righteousness

You foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified?

This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?

Did you suffer so many things in vain — if indeed it was in vain?

So then, does He who provides you with the Spirit and works miracles among you, do it by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?" NASU

Ro 8:28-39

28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. For those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brethren; and these whom He predestined, He also called; and these whom He called, He also justified; and these whom He justified, He also glorified.

31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things? Who will bring a charge against God's elect? God is the one who justifies; who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us. Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? Just as it is written,

"FOR YOUR SAKE WE ARE BEING PUT TO DEATH ALL DAY LONG;
WE WERE CONSIDERED AS SHEEP TO BE SLAUGHTERED."

37 But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
NASU

As for me, I have the indwelling Holy Spirit, and I am not saved by works of the Law that I do. But I have received God's gift of eternal life through the finished work, and the faith, of Jesus. For what I can not do, God is doing in me through the work of indwelling the Holy Spirit. This is my faith, that I believe God and have accepted His gift of eternal life and fellowship, through His Only begotten Son's finished work on the cross, and acknowledging God's presence in me through the indwelling Holy Spirit, whom cleanses me from all unrighteousness, and leads me into ever increasing fellowship with God.

2011/9/21 11:37Profile
joliboy11

Philippines

Re:

God bless, Elizabeth continue your Christian walk...
may you listen to this
http://www.ravensministry.com/audio/Austin_2009_QA1.mp3

Question and Answer by Zac Poonen
from ravenministry.com

remember God is with us til the end of age

2011/11/5 0:17Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

"As for the money part of this teaching, the Scriptures make it plain, the love or the desire for wealth is the root of all evil, those who desire to be rich are run through with multiple troubles. There are and have always been two great worries for mankind, no matter where you are from. health and wealth. Whether its how much money you have or how many pigs you own or whatever the currency, men derive their security in the abundance of their possesions. Health, sickness and disease and death have terrfied mankind always. Witchdoctors and charlatans have prospered for thousands of years because of this. Some things never change. Yet, in Christ, whether rich or poor, sickness or health, we know that our Saviour never leaves us nor forsakes us. Christians can rejoice in the deepest dungeons or sit down to a feast and rejoice at the abundance the Lord has provided, but whatever the state, the genuine man or woman of God will be content. Peace and contentment, freedom from anxiety, these are the things that all men seek, and some have found in Christ. This is the Gospel of Christ. Why spend one minute being anxious, much rather consider the lillies of the field for they neither toil nor spin, do they brothers and sisters? yet Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed in such splendor as the grass of the field which is here today and gone tomorrow. We cannot add one inch to our height, therefore we simply trust in God who knows that we have needs."

good word!

2011/11/7 9:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy