SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : God's fellowship in us-the reality of it.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

God's fellowship in us-the reality of it.

I have struggled to understand this and maybe I am looking to hard or maybe I have a good point with this.

As christians we speak of having fellowship with God through worship, studying the bible and praying yet how close and how real is that fellowship? I understand in Genesis God made Eve for Adam so he would not be alone. Yet, what does that mean? Why would Adam be alone being God is there?

I look at people who were once involved in the occult and who still are and they say they have heard demons speaking and sometimes fighting and just speaking to them. I ask myself, are demons more real to these people then God is to us?

In my own life I have asked myself, how do I know God is speaking to me. Is it that unaudible voice I think I hear that sounds like my concious? Sometimes I sense something in my being that came from outside of me but is that fellowship or just being led? Or inspired?

When you fellowship with God what are characteristics that you experience? How is it made so real to you that you know it is God? And why is it that I can't always seem to find that conversation with God like I would have with my wife? What are the parts that I am missing? Or maybe what I am overlooking in all of this? I do have a tendency to overthink some things but I want to know the depths of this because I think it would really put to death any unbelief I have in God.

What do you guys think

2011/9/13 20:59Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: God's fellowship in us-the reality of it.

I would encourage you to read the following chapter from AW Tozer's classic The Pursuit of God; you might find it helpful in this matter;

http://www.theboc.com/freestuff/awtozer/books/the_pursuit_of_god/the_speaking_voice.html

In Christ,

Ron

2011/9/13 21:15Profile
Sree

Very good question. Different people hear the voice of God in different ways. You cannot generalize it. In my life I hear a very strong voice warning me when I am committing any act of Sin (acts that please me instead of God). After that act I feel very strongly that I have lost his fellowship. Also when I read bible, even the same worse that I read again sounds different and coneys me a different message that convicts some acts of mine.
I have head people interacting with demons, and why can't we hear God like that? The answer is demons posses people but the spirit of God is very gentle and it only guides you. That is why demon possessed people are forced to act in strange ways but the spirit filled man is guided to follow the ways of God.
The more you hear the voice of Spirit and obey it, the louder the voice becomes. The lesser you obey it weaker the voice becomes.

2011/9/14 9:28Profile
Renoncer

DEADn,
Sometimes I feel the presence of God strongly, other times I don't as much. However, regardless of what I perceive, I can trust that His Word is forever true.

Often, the reason why I don't feel God as close is either because I am not seeking His face, or because I have grieved Him or quenched His Spirit.

So, when I don't feel God's presence, I must go back to His Word, and lay hold of His promises, namely that if we seek God with all of our hearts, He will make Himself known to us (Jeremiah 29:12-13). If we could only see the big picture, we would notice that God is always dealing with us, regardless of how close we feel to Him at the moment. We should never lose heart, but recognize that we are so short-sighted spiritually. God is at work. He answers when we call. He guides us, even when we don't see the pillar of fire.

Look to His Word, and the rest will fall into place. In this, you cannot fail.

In Christ Jesus,
Renoncer

2011/9/14 9:57Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Brother, these are all good questions that you have asked, and every believer has the priviledge of living in fellowship with God.

The first epsitle of John tells us what true fellowship with God is. Fellowship with God is walking in the light even as He is in the light. We cannot say that we have fellowship with God if we are walking in any known sin, which is to walk in darkness. If we walk in the light as He is in the light we have fellowship with God and man and the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin.

Fellowship with God is communion with God, and it is not based on a feeling, but we should have a conscious awareness of the presence of God.

God speaks to us in our inner most being (spirit), and we must abide in Christ if we are going to hear His voice. Most of the time it is going to be a still small voice.

God speaks to us primarily by His Spirit through His Word.

When we are in fellowship with God there is a deep abiding peace in our inner man, even though our soul and body can be disturbed.

God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. When we are walking in fellowship with God, there will be revelation of the Word. God will make His will known to us.

Abiding in the vine is walking in fellowship with God. The result of abiding in Christ and having His Word live in us will be much fruit to the glory of God.

Mike

2011/9/14 13:38Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy