SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Human Tragedy as a form of entertainment

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Human Tragedy as a form of entertainment

A short while ago I was in a resturaunt and playing on all the screens and even on the walls was a video of a singer who I recognised. Her untimely death recetly made major headlines and from the first time I heard about her short and tragic I felt as though I recognised someone who had been living with a tremendous amount of pain in her soul.

As I listened to the lyrics of her song it seemed to confirm again what I first heard in stories about her surrounding her death.

And it made me think how the famous in this world, who the world loves and adores and even worships for their ability to make them happy for a moment in time, how the world forces them to live out in plain view, the broken and shattered peices of their lives, lives as visible as much on stage as they are off, public lives that mirror the inner and private lives of all.

Whenever human tragedy is a form of entertainment, the broken lives of others are a mirror for our souls. Sadly, it seems that so many of the people in this world that are admired for thier ability to perform are crushed and hurting so much within. They live out slow painfull deaths like the words of the woman's song. And there are plenty of people who enjoy watching.

Who enjoy the show.

2011/9/12 14:48Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Human Tragedy as a form of entertainment

Chris, is there a possibility the reason so many pop singers, who sing about the tragedies of life, are so popular is because so many can relate to their heartaches? Their sin[s]? Just wondering...

2011/9/13 19:03Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

The world sings mostly about the common cancer that kills all of mankind. Such is why I have little desire to ever listen to secular music. Most of them are just singing about their cancer.

2011/9/13 19:24Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi everyone.

Ginny I think you're right. It doesn't have to be a bad thing either, that others can put into words the common experiences of us all.

Unfortunately the culture is making human suffering and shame a commodity.

You know, it's true that art immitates life. But once immitated, it goes on to influence life as well, so that art immitates life, immitates art, immitates life, immitates... Immitates. In the end, what was once unique and sensational is normal, passe - then it is replaced. With what?

Something more shocking and sensational then before.

God bless you all.

2011/9/18 11:52Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re: Human Tragedy as a form of entertainment

When a person is in the spotlight such as singers and actors their lives are not there own anymore unless they make it a priority. The fame machine requires ALOT out of an individual and MONEY is the main focus and end result. Lives get very busy and to keep up with it peope resort to drugs, alcohol, sex, etc in order to cope. Then that makes news and the sad part is all of those folks around these people don't do much to help them. Remember, it comes down to the money. If there is money in it then people will do it even if it leads to death.

2011/9/18 13:09Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy