Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Missionary Weapons by Oswald Chambers

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

Missionary Weapons by Oswald Chambers

Missionary Weapons
Sep 10 2011

When you were under the fig tree, I saw you —John 1:48

Worshiping in Everyday Occasions. We presume that we would be ready for battle if confronted with a great crisis, but it is not the crisis that builds something within us— it simply reveals what we are made of already. Do you find yourself saying, “If God calls me to battle, of course I will rise to the occasion”? Yet you won’t rise to the occasion unless you have done so on God’s training ground. If you are not doing the task that is closest to you now, which God has engineered into your life, when the crisis comes, instead of being fit for battle, you will be revealed as being unfit. Crises always reveal a person’s true character.

A private relationship of worshiping God is the greatest essential element of spiritual fitness. The time will come, as Nathanael experienced in this passage, that a private “fig-tree” life will no longer be possible. Everything will be out in the open, and you will find yourself to be of no value there if you have not been worshiping in everyday occasions in your own home. If your worship is right in your private relationship with God, then when He sets you free, you will be ready. It is in the unseen life, which only God saw, that you have become perfectly fit. And when the strain of the crisis comes, you can be relied upon by God.

Are you saying, “But I can’t be expected to live a sanctified life in my present circumstances; I have no time for prayer or Bible study right now; besides, my opportunity for battle hasn’t come yet, but when it does, of course I will be ready”? No, you will not. If you have not been worshiping in everyday occasions, when you get involved in God’s work, you will not only be useless yourself but also a hindrance to those around you.

God’s training ground, where the missionary weapons are found, is the hidden, personal, worshiping life of the saint.

2011/9/10 14:49Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re: Missionary Weapons by Oswald Chambers

amen

2011/9/10 16:10Profile
PaulFaculin

Quezon City, Philippines

Re:

Thank you for posting this. This one really speaks to me! I hope I could send this article to my 20 yr old sister that is in the mission field right now.

2011/9/10 16:32Profile

Re:

Paul exhorts us to live wisely in these evil days. One is not guaranteed a extended time of basic training to learn how to do spiritual warfare. From day 1 when the believer ceases to be an enemy of God he becomes an enemy of the devil. No choice. The enemy has already declared war on the saint. The only option is to learn to use the weapons of righteousness for the right hand and left. Those weapons are primarily the word and prayer. Those weapons need to be learned in the secret place under the instruction of the Spirit. For in this time Satan is making war against the saint. The saint must fight and be victorious.

Blaine

2011/9/10 16:33
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Amen Brother Blaine! A good word.

And Praise God Brother Paul. Here is the link for "My Utmost For His Highest".

http://utmost.org/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, I listened to this great testimony this morning about the extreme importance of being in the Word. This has increased my faith a hundred fold. After the praise song will be one of the most powerful messages on God's greatness and our importance of being, knowing and standing on His Word.

Can you share where your sister is as we will pray for her and her Country, we may already be praying.

God continue to arise and His enemies be scattered.

http://www.ultimatetube.com/audio/1629/testimony-of-norman-williams

2011/9/10 16:44Profile
PaulFaculin

Quezon City, Philippines

Re:

Thank you so much Joyful_heart. Her name is princess she's just in another part of the Philippines and the name of that place is nueva ecijah. Actually they have no internet connection in that place, so she might only see this the next time she'll visit here. The last time she visited us here I filled her mp3 player with many sermons from this site but I think it's not enough. She had just recovered from her sickness yesterday, and the last time we texted she shared to me her struggles out there and though I know her, that she's a great woman of prayer, It seems that the spiritual battle in that place is kind a hard. So your prayers will be greatly appreciated! God bless!:)

2011/9/10 16:59Profile

Re:

Paul we will cover your sister in our conference call tonight. Both Joyful Heart and I are part of a con call that prays for the persecuted and missions. So it will be our honor to uphold your sister.

Blaine

2011/9/10 17:38

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy