SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : ...and great was the fall of it

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
SolaVeritas

SK Canada

...and great was the fall of it

Not sure if for some of you this is old news but I have never seen this picture until today! It's an open Bible fused into some metal, found at ground zero by a fireman. The artifact is now at the museum.

http://www.irablock.com/keyword/recovery/1/1385091638_CZTHZhC#1385091638_CZTHZhC

I first saw the picture in a lower resolution and thought it looked like it might be opened to Matthew 7. I was shocked when I realized that if true then it would show Jesus' words about the house that "fell with a great crash"(NIV). When I found a higer resolution image on the photographer's website it actually read as Matthew 5 until I had a closer look and the top page is partially torn of, so indeed it is opened to the last paragraphs of Matthew 7, you can still read the words "and it fell."

Not trying to say anything other than...wow, I find this quite incredible.

Matthew 7
26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

2011/9/9 2:13Profile
a-servant

Re: ...and great was the fall of it

Hmmh NYC, the one that had 46 dead people/shootings last weekend on home soil and not in Bagdad this time. It's sort of coincidental I was just thinking about that Matt. verse yesterday in relationship to the question:

"What would be the most likely reason a once self declared 'Christian nation' would come under jugdment of a rightheous God?"

Jesus explains us that dead faith is not saving faith and such a house cannot stand. Not responding to grace is not 'doing' or walking in a living faith. Basically it's rejecting grace or not receiving grace in the first place.

The thing is, if you profess Jesus with your mouth, but not actually love Him enough to do what He says, do you really believe in Him?

2011/9/9 10:23Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

I looked at that pic and do not see what you are but the verses from Matthew 5 are readable. Now, I find that interesting - especially given the times we are living in.

Is this a chronological Bible? Chapter 8 begins at the end of chapter 5...Just wondering...

2011/9/9 12:38Profile

I am not sure how far to press this. There are some on this forum who are going to argue this is merely coincidence. But a few months ago New York ratified gay marriage. The governor of New York was quite proud of that feat. The news showed him out marching with the gays. Since that time NYC has been shaken by an earthquake, struck by a hurricane, and New York state has experienced floods. Merely coincidence? You be the judge.

Blaine

2011/9/9 23:24

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy