SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : jesus

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

This is an important topic and one where there is much confusion. We know that no man can be saved without the work of the convicting power and drawing of the Holy Spirit.

We also know that it is not the will of God that any should perish, but that all would come to repentance and the knowledge of the truth.

Man is without excuse when it comes to salvation. All of the ways of God are just and true.

God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him would not perish but have eternal life. Notice the word (whosoever). Men are lost because they reject the truth of the gospel, because they love the darkness and will not come to the light.

Mike

2011/9/7 8:36Profile

Re:

luke673

about the Great Commission, yes there is an aspect of christianity where the bible gives us a freedom of choice and your point on the Great Commission back it up BUT. There is a big but here. There are points where in many verses "God chooses his people", "you can't come to him until he calls you", and regeneration is not done by you, it's pretty much all God.

So what I'm saying is that both of it is true. I don't want to make this an argument between arminianism or calvinism. All I'm saying is through my bible reading, prayer time, sermon listening, experience with other christians, the only thing that makes sense to me is that God chooses what He wants. He says yes to some and no to others. He is not impartial. Some people will have harder lives than others.
He answers one person's prayers more than others.

And I got the short end of the stick because I don't see anyone in my life seeking God and his kingdom more than I am in my life. I'm not suffering the most in the world but among my peers, I definitely am and I'M GOING NOWHERE.

2011/9/7 8:42
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Does God have two will? Answer No, no He doesn't.

Are His ways Mysterious and unknown to man? Yes in that His Thoughts are higher than our thoughts and His ways higher than our ways. and NO He reveals Himself and His will in His Word.

God answers prayers according to His will, imagine a world where everyone's prayers are answered with a Yes. It just wouldn't work especially seeing as many of my selfish prayers, fame, fortune, etc ALL would have ruined me and eventually destroyed me. He knows better than I do and He knows what's for the better. I would suggest getting that Childlike faith back btw, You really won't have a relationship with the Father without it.

2011/9/7 8:43Profile
PaulFaculin

Quezon City, Philippines

Re:

I do also believe on biblical synergism, in which the sinner has also responsibility to respond to God's wooing, yet I listened a lot to other reformed preachers. I think what John Macarthur said about assurance of salvation and doubt really makes sense. He said that when we are examining ourselves regarding salvation we should not look at our doubts, rather, to our desires-- if we desire to grow in holiness,hating sin, loving His word, loving the brethren etc.. Then the Spirit of God is in us. He said something like that. Anyway, Codek, you'll be in my prayers!:)

2011/9/7 8:51Profile

Re:

http://thegospelcoalition.org/resources/a/Does-God-Have-Two-Wills

2011/9/7 8:53
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

[Quote]"And I got the short end of the stick because I don't see anyone in my life seeking God and his kingdom more than I am in my life. I'm not suffering the most in the world but among my peers, I definitely am and I'M GOING NOWHERE.

I RAN OUT OF MONEY. I WILL MOST LIKELY LOSE MY CAR, HAVE TO DECLARE BANKRUPTCY, HAVE NO REAL CHRISTIAN FRIENDS IN MY REAL LIFE AND MANY MORE CRAP. I'M ALSO UMEMPLOYED RIGHT NOW. MY LAST BOSS MADE EMPLOYEES WORK 24 HOUR SHIFTS AND MADE US KISS HIS ASS OR HE MADE SURE HE FIRED US."

Why are you looking at your peers? You know that is covenanting the things of your neighbor? And I am sure you are also aware that there are many in much worse situation than you who rejoice in the Lord despite the stress and persecution of this life. They are happy because their faith is solely in the Lord, they aren't scratching around wondering where their next meal will come (if indeed they get one) but trust the Lord will provide for them. The Lord is trying to teach you something very important Complete and utter dependance on Him. May I ask you did you ask for this? Did you pray a radical prayer of a changed life when you came to the Lord? If so brother you are getting what you asked for. Stop comparing yourselves to others its awefully prideful to say you are seeking God more than others around you. God directly opposes the Proud.

2011/9/7 8:55Profile

Re:

mguldner, you are missing the point. i'm not saying this to be proud.

I'm venting and looking like a loser on sermonindex cause I'm proud?

I'm doing this cause I have nothing else to turn to, no spiritual mentor, no christians in my life, and worst of no Christ, He has never spoken to me this whole time.

if you want to talk call me or email me. we're not on the same page.

and mguldner, if you went through what i went through, you wouldn't accuse me of those things. if you really want to know, you can call me. but don't call me out until you know the whole story

2011/9/7 8:57
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

Codek,
Mind your language. I don't doubt most already have to hear godless profane language daily. I don't want to come on here and see it, regardless of what you are going through.

2011/9/7 8:58Profile
luke673

Tennessee

Re:

All that i can say is that it sounds like you are going through some tough times in your life. I dont know you personally but i can say that He never promised us a life at the top. There are going to be some tough times ahead. look at the early church life, many where beatin and myrtered.Dont lose your faith and your trust in Christ. stay strong fight the good fight. it'll all be worth it in the end. Remember Job and Paul. God told Ananuas in Acts 9:16 about paul.For I will shew him how many things he must suffer for my name’s sake.

God Bless

2011/9/7 8:58Profile

Re:

sorry enid but you're talking to a guy that is about to become homeless and will not mind if God takes his life so I'll try my best but no guarantees. And I'm only going to be real, we have too much emphasis on having manners and this and that BUT NO ONE IS REAL ANYMORE.

2011/9/7 9:02

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy