SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Is the world becoming more filled with hate and anger?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "One thing though we can be encouraged with, yes the world is a more hateful, spuetful, selfish place. Yet when it is darkest even a small sputtering candle gives out a light that can't be missed."--rOBYN

Very good point! Your reminder makes me so happy, and gives hope. Cuz I noticed this principle when i sit in my kitchen and turn on the light during the day; the light doesnt help much or make a difference during the day. But at night it really lights up the place and helps me see everything clearly. The darker the night, the more powerful the light.

2011/9/14 4:15Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, when you meet a guy at work or at church and he is a jerk you tend to be civil toward him or her.(been a jerk most of my life and am an authority on jerkdom)when on the net one tends to be brave because he is not going to punched or shot and "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" no fear of reproach or harm.rudeness is rampent on the net.jimp

2011/9/14 4:20Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: the gods are angry

"There just seems to be an attitude of hate and anger in the world that seems to be getting more and more acceptable by society as a whole??"

I remember an incident that happened on the bus a while back. An older man making his way through the narrow isle of the bus must have bumped or brushed another rider, a young woman. So great was the offence of that incidental contact with another mere human being, that for the next twenty minutes or so the young woman gave the man no peace or quarter. Battered by incesent demands for an appology he finally responded to her in exasperation 'you're not God!'.

No she was not God. But the modern philosophical humanism that has so pervaded the thought and fabric of western life has trained a new generation of young people to act as though they were - gods.

Human beings can be petty without any encouragement. When they've been convinced through every form of media, education, and entertainment, that the world revolves around them and their greatest end and goal of life should be the achievement of their own personal happiness, petty can become outright cruel.

If man is capable of evil, he's even more so as a god.

Petty gods disdain and punish even the slightest offence and insult to their diety, without mercy.

2011/9/22 9:38Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by ChrisJD on 2011/9/22 3:38:05

"There just seems to be an attitude of hate and anger in the world that seems to be getting more and more acceptable by society as a whole??"

I remember an incident that happened on the bus a while back. An older man making his way through the narrow isle of the bus must have bumped or brushed another rider, a young woman. So great was the offence of that incidental contact with another mere human being, that for the next twenty minutes or so the young woman gave the man no peace or quarter. Battered by incesent demands for an appology he finally responded to her in exasperation 'you're not God!'.

No she was not God. But the modern philosophical humanism that has so pervaded the thought and fabric of western life has trained a new generation of young people to act as though they were - gods.

Human beings can be petty without any encouragement. When they've been convinced through every form of media, education, and entertainment, that the world revolves around them and their greatest end and goal of life should be the achievement of their own personal happiness, petty can become outright cruel.

If man is capable of evil, he's even more so as a god.

Petty gods disdain and punish even the slightest offence and insult to their diety, without mercy.

Wow this is exactly the attitude of heart that I have been seeing all around me as well. I really do believe it is a sign of GOD withdrawing HIMSELF because of our sin and unwillingness to repent.

God bless
mj

2011/9/22 10:25Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

"a young woman. So great was the offence of that incidental contact with another mere human being, that for the next twenty minutes or so the young woman gave the man no peace or quarter. Battered by incesent demands for an appology he finally responded to her in exasperation 'you're not God!'."

Too bad your wife was not along to ask this female why she is so angry! I suspect there is an underlying cause, not obvious to the casual observer, for her anger. While it may be humanism, I suspect she is a victim of abuse, rejection by one or both parents, or she had an abortion or "all of the above." As the numbers of females grows that have had abortions you can reasonably expect to see more angry females. This is all part of what is called post-abortion-syndrome - angry at any and all males.

Sad.

2011/9/22 12:33Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi again everyone. Ginny, thankyou for the insight you shared, it made sense.

I've been thinking about this thread over the past week off and on. When something is in the back of your mind you take more notice of the things in front of it, that relate.

For example, I spotted an advertisement soliciting participants for a clinical study about... yes, anger. A local university wants to examine the effectiveness of 'anger managment techniques' in treating IED. No I did not know what IED was either - Intermittent Explosive Disorder.

I also remembered some other details of the story I told you all about the young woman that relentlessly harrassed a man maybe 20 or 30 years her senior for an appology after he inadvertenly bumped into her on a crowded bus. I had forgotten about the two young boys that had taken her side during the dispute and were threatening the man. They acted like they wanted to do something to him but were afraid to do it on the bus so I followed behind when he got off. They continued to follow him afterwards and they dashed into a departing train when they saw him get on it.

Sunday I took an early morning bus to NY. There were a few people there waiting for it to arrive. Two women showed up that were drunk and loud enough to be noticed. The bus arrived late and crowded. I got a seat. Not everyone did because one woman was using two seats to sleep in and so someone had to wake her up or go without a seat which they paid for. The one that had to wake her up... was the one that had been drinking.

It was perhaps 5 minutes before the two were nearly fighting and a shouting match broke out. The sleeping woman was offended because the drunken woman smelled of drink. The drunken woman, not intimidated, told her she'd have to deal with it. The sleeping woman insisted she shouldn't have woke her. The driver had to seperate them.

A line from the University's website describing the research study has at least this much right:

Anger and aggression are everywhere – on the road, in the schools, at little league games, at home, and at work.

Every year they have a huge free-for-all gathering in the Nevada desert. A entry at Wikipedia about the event says it is described by many participants as:

an experiment in community, radical self-expression, and radical self-reliance.

They call it "Burning Man".

Whatever the study on anger finds, more humanism will not put the fires out.

2011/9/26 21:23Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy