SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Is the world becoming more filled with hate and anger?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
rainydaygirl

Is the world becoming more filled with hate and anger?

Is the internet making people more violent? Is it allowing people a means to behave in a such a way that they would not normally do in real life...Can this behaveior translate over into real life? With this past summers rise in violent flash mobs attacking people, and just the general disturbing trend of down right hate filled mean comments on forums, and news stories (not talking about SI) I was thinking about the danger there is in the anonymity of the internet and how that affects us in life. I have also heard it mentioned that the evil and hate you are seeing now is just a reflection of the world as God withdraws Himself more because of the times we now live in? Does anyone have any thoughts on this, I realize through out history there has been times of brutality so perhaps this is not anything new...all I know is you can not seem to walk down the street or even read a simple news story with out some unkind or hate filled comments coming up. There just seems to be an attitude of hate and anger in the world that seems to be getting more and more acceptable by society as a whole??

rdg

2011/9/5 12:27Profile

Re: Is the world becoming more filled with hate and anger?

Sister simple answer to your question. Yes, the world is becoming more hate filled and angry. If we believe these are the end times then Jesus spoke of this in Mat.24::12. He said because of the increase of wickedness the love of most will grow cold.

It is to be lamented that civil respect, courtesy, and decency have departed from our society. The order of the day is ugliness and rudeness. Tragically Christians have carried this into the church. When believers cut one another off in a church parking lot and words are exchanged, you have to wonder. I live in Ark. When I hear so called born again believers make racial slurs that violate Eph.4:29 I have to wonder. Sometimes in this forum believers have gotten angry at one another. The one thing I have seen is that apologies often follow. I have had to apologize myself a time or two. With that being said maybe SI can set a new trend in civil decency.
I can assume that the ugliness and anger will only get worse as the days go on. May the meditations of our hearts and the words of our mouths be pleasing to Jesus.

Blaine

2011/9/5 13:44
rainydaygirl

Re:

What makes me so sad is seeing this behavior and attitude carried over to the children. Even younger teens and children being rude, mean and just down right hateful toward each other. Very sad...

rdg

2011/9/5 13:50Profile

Re: rdg

I know. When I was growing up (I am 60) courtesy was the order of the day. I grew up old school. You know. Yes maam, no sir, please thank you. Hold the door open for a lady. Get myself in trouble with the feminist on that. You ought to see the looks I get on a crowded bus when I offer my seat to a lady. Often times she will decline the seat thinking I have an agenda. It is sad that common courtesy is so scorned in this day and age.

Blaine

2011/9/5 14:00
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

In our part of the country males still open doors for females, or, at least they do for for me in the public - can't speak for others. When a male does this, I will always thank them.

Missippi is behind in many things and ahead in some things we should be ashamed of, but in courtesy I would say we shine! :-)

Having visited the north a lot it does seem to me the people there are angrier, ruder then in the south. But then, the south has always been known to be more courteous...actually, our granddaughter prefers the south for this very reason! She said people here will talk to you, they smile in contrast to her community where this does not happen often.

In any case, it seems to me that as a Christian it is my responsibility to always be courteous, be polite, be kind at every opportunity I have. It is amazing what happens when you do this. So, if people are getting meaner I suggest you start a move in your community and show them a better way!

Blaine, I hope you will not allow radical feminists to impact your kindness to others...keep it up. It may teach someone, encourage someone - it usually works this way.

2011/9/7 18:51Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

I noticed it does depend upon the part of the Country we are in as well. I am here in Nevada and there are still men of all ages who will open the door for me. I try to really thank them as to encourage them.

There is an ethnic group here, to my surprise, who will go right in front of you, in the car or in the door way, male or female. They seem to constantly have the right away if its in the car or in the door way etc. Really sad.

Then in Wyoming, I was shocked at the politeness of the men of all ages there.

I taught my little grandson to open the door for others and he loves it as he gets a lot of attention. And he still does it as older.

Amen, G.R. I agree, lets never stop being polite no matter what the response is.

2011/9/7 19:09Profile
Aussiedler

GERMANY

Re:

yes.

2011/9/11 18:31Profile
ArtB

New York

Re:

by Joyful_Heart on 2011/9/7 16:09:28

"I noticed it does depend upon the part of the Country we are in as well. I am here in Nevada and there are still men of all ages who will open the door for me. I try to really thank them as to encourage them.

There is an ethnic group here, to my surprise, who will go right in front of you, in the car or in the door way, male or female. They seem to constantly have the right away if its in the car or in the door way etc. Really sad.

Then in Wyoming, I was shocked at the politeness of the men of all ages there.

I taught my little grandson to open the door for others and he loves it as he gets a lot of attention. And he still does it as older.

Amen, G.R. I agree, lets never stop being polite no matter what the response is."

A very nice post. Your moniker, 'Joyful Heart' suits you very well.

2011/9/13 17:54Profile
Robyn-G

Re:

I think we need to remember that as our societies turn from their Christian and Bible based heritage to humanistic evolution based philosphy we will see more and more hatred, rudness, selfishness etc. As a child brought up in the Uk I still remember having Bible lessons in primary school and the lessons of the sermon on the mount are still fixed in my mind. If only children in this generation in junior school had this taught instead of the multi-faith or no faith stuff they are taught nowadays.
To the Bible despisers of this world, etc. I say what is so wrong with the teaching in God's wonderful Word 'Do to others what you would have them do to yourself', 'Love your enemies', 'Be kind to one another'? Why not teach this to this generation children.
When I was a child even non-Christians were familiar with these principles.
One thing though we can be encouraged with, yes the world is a more hateful, spuetful, selfish place. Yet when it is darkest even a small sputtering candle gives out a light that can't be missed. As believers when we stand out as people who are different, whose lives show through our love, politeness, care etc. motivated by Christ, it WILL stand out in a dark world.

2011/9/13 22:55Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re: Is the world becoming more filled with hate and anger?

I dont believe the internet is doing it but you hit the nail on the head when you said there is more hate and anger in the world. I have been noticing this too, bigtime. Esp. where i live in the midwest. It is not the internet, it is caused by the PRIDE and ARROGANCE of Americans. Pride is the root of it all. Hearts have become SO VERY hard here. I met hateful and angry people when i was growing up 35 years ago too, but today it just seems like you can't meet hardly anyone who is not angry at some level. People have the attitude that they can demand what they want everywhere and many are spoiled. The degree of narcissism in this country is frightening.

2011/9/14 4:10Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy