SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Women Preachers are SINFUL!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
Sree

Bro. Zac's view

Brother Zac once said that he respects the word so much that if the word had said that Husbands should submit to wives then he will go straight to his wife and say 'darling what do you want me to do next, please give your orders'.

The key here is to be obident to the word of GOd and not pride of being men.

I seriously believe that women should cover their heads in Church. But if someone is not willing to do that they are just showing their spirit of unsubmision. They will suffer loss and will never be able to inherit God's perfect plan for them. God can still use such women by showing their spirit of rebelion and humbling them. But that is not God's perfect plan for them.

2011/9/20 22:24Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
Sree:
I know that you live in US. Have you been to the pennsylvania conference of brother Zac?

No, I've never been to any of his conferences.

God bless,
lisa

2011/9/20 23:07Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

"1Ti 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
1Ti 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
1Ti 2:13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
1Ti 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression."

How do the verses above relate to 1Corinthians 11:1-16?

Thank-you.

ginnyrose

2011/9/21 0:11Profile
luke673

Tennessee

Re:

1Co 11:3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

1Co 11:8 For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man.
1Co 11:9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
1Co 11:10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.

"1Ti 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
1Ti 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
1Ti 2:13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
1Ti 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression."

i think they relate very close.

2011/9/21 0:25Profile

Re:

The role for women in the church are many. They can be deaconesses, teachers of other women and the children, etc. But they can not lead the flock or teach/preach from the pulpit to a mixed adult crowd.

Now someone always brings up women missionaries. I will tell you that if the men will not stand up and be obedient to the Lord, then yes... He will send women. But it is to the shame of the spineless men.

To answer the question about roles in the homes of Americans, no the roles are screwed up in the homes for the most part too. Men do not lead, the wives do. Men are lazy and wives are generally naggers. If men were not lazy and loved their wives as Christ loves the church... women would tend not to have to nag.

The reason women want to be in control and have the power (even passive aggressively) is because of rebellion against God. That is the root cause. Submission is the giving up of that rebellion.

It's also the same reason most "men" are lazy and spineless. Rebellion against God.

Krispy

2011/9/21 5:35
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

When it comes to the bible is it safe to say that women should not expect equality as a result of Eve and the temptation?
-And that her desire would be for her husband, which becomes the quest authority she longs for but is not supposed to have it as a result of what God decree in Genesis?

Also, a previous post mentioned something about a preacher saying that if the bible had said that the husband should obey his wife he would ask his wife what she wanted him to do. This strikes as ridiculous because that is not how a marriage is built- is it? It should be more subtle then that. Isn't a marriage one that is fluid in which we have our roles and we do them without having be asked to do them? My wife and I share things near equally. I know things that she doesn't and vice versa and we blend well together. We help each other in our weaknesses. She doesn't ask me what I want her to do- for me to hear that from her means there is no marriage. It tells me that she is near some type of slave and that isn't right. She thinks for herself and in the end we don't make decisions unless we talk it out and then I am the one who makes the move. She expects me to do that without coming out and saying such. I think if marriage isn't in a similiar fashion then it isn't marriage but looks similiar to marriages in Islamic countries. Just something to think about.

2011/9/21 8:23Profile

Re:

We are to submit one to another in marriage. And we are to do so in love. The wife is not subservient to the husband. But the husband is responsible to lead. And when he leads in a godly way... the godly wife will happily follow.

My wife is much better than me in many areas, and I would be a fool not to take her advice on different issues. We truly have a partnership. But when it comes to making final decisions on things, or leading the family spiritually... if falls on my shoulders. I love, protect and guard over her... and she helps, supports and loves me.

Does that make sense?

Krispy

2011/9/21 8:32
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

KK

Your thoughts are my thoughts exactly yet the way I see it get stated in these conversations they seem really perverse to me or just maybe way overstated? Kind of like emphasizing the law forcefully without emphasizing that love brings it all together. I think it is a reason why fundamentalist views are often attacked because of the seemingly in your face thoughts.

Funny thing, Sunday evening wife and I went to this church we are attending to get into a 'life group' For a number of weeks. We always hold hands and we were stopped by one of the leaders and he complimented us on the very act. He said he doesn't see that happen alot anymore in life or in church. Then he proceed to recite a poem to us about it. Funny how people notice things about you when what you do only becomes natural. I think the same thing can be said of the christian life.

2011/9/21 8:46Profile

Re:

Amen brother... keep holding your bride's hand!

Krispy

2011/9/21 9:58
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

At first glance and a casual perusing this thread appears to be quite intimidating. However, after a careful reading I hear the concern expressed about females in formal leadership over a mixed group. This is I understand and agree because the scripture teaches that a woman cannot be "the husband of one wife".

The question rose about female missionaries...I have an testimony to share about this...

When I was hired in to work at the Crises Pregnancy Center 24 years ago we were told that we are not to counsel males. If males come in we are to call the director (who was a male) to take over. In his absence we are to call a local pastor whose church was nearby to come in to takeover.

The day came when these well laid plans were challenged. I was alone at the center. I got a call and knew from the conversation a male was coming in - with who or why I do not remember - and the director was gone. The pastor who was supposed to be on call did not answer the phone...I could not find another male to come in to take care of this one. I almost panicked! What am I going to do??

Then the Holy Spirit so gently asked me a few questions, "would you refuse to give a cup of water to a thirsty person because he is a male?"

"No." Oh. OH. Never thought of that.

"Sandra, you have the symbol of power and authority on your head, now use it!"

"Yes, Lord."

And I did. Problem solved.

Whenever I meet up with someone who needs an encouraging word, someone who needs to be challenged to live closer to the LORD or whatever, I am to use the power and authority invested in me by the Holy Spirit to give that 'cup of water' to a thirsty soul. And there are plenty of folks out there that are thirsty - and they come in all shapes, sizes, colors, ages, but limited to two genders! :-)

2011/9/22 11:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy