SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Women Preachers are SINFUL!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re:

"Now before faith came, we were confined under the law, kept under restraint until faith should be revealed. So that the law was our custodian until Christ came, that we might be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a custodian; for in Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's offspring, heirs according to promise." (Galatians 3: 23-29).

"And one of the most wonderful things in Christ's household where guests become family members is that our own racial, social and sexual status does not make us any more or less than child and heir. Verse 28: "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female." Woe to the presumptuous guest who thinks that his Jewishness or free status or maleness has won his admission to the Lord's house, or merits a greater share of the inheritance. Ephesians 2:19 says that Jews and Gentiles in Christ are "fellow citizens … and members of the household of God." Ephesians 6:9 says that masters and slaves have but one master in heaven who shows no partiality. And 1 Peter 3:7 says that husbands and wives are joint-heirs of the grace of life in Christ. When Christ admits us into his protection and care by faith alone ("May I be your guest?") every possible ground for boasting is removed, whether racial, social or sexual. We are all utterly dependent on the honor of Christ not the value of our distinctives. And nothing is more secure than the honor of Christ." - John Piper

2011/9/20 15:16Profile
Sree

Re:

"With all due respect brother Krispy, you gave your opinion on Scripture and I gave mine and guess what? "

Lysa, if my assumption is correct about your identity, then it is sad that a person from CFC is having a wrong understanding of scripture. I am talking about accepting some part of scripture and rejecting another which brother Zac always hates. There is nothing wrong in misunderstanding a scripture, we all do but rejecting some scripture is a serious thing.
Yes an women can be used for harvest by God by making her prophesy but not make her preach for men. Reason begin simple, women can be easily decived and the last thing God will need is a decived preacher for harvest.
Let God's word alone be true and every men a lier. So if a women has to keep silent according to God's word then let her be.

2011/9/20 15:42Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Sree

Quote:
Sree wrote:
Lysa, if my assumption is correct about your identity, then it is sad that a person from CFC is having a wrong understanding of scripture. I am talking about accepting some part of scripture and rejecting another which brother Zac always hates.

Maybe I read your post wrong… yes, I am a woman but no, I do not attend CFC, (I listen to Zac's sermons and recommend them) but I live in the US; so perhaps your assumption is wrong about my identity. My real name is Lisa and I try to always sign with my real name as in…

God bless you,
Lisa

2011/9/20 16:52Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I haven't read every single post on this thread but I did skim some of them and I didn't find a piece of information that I am curious about.

What is the role of women within the church?

If they cannot be pastors or elders, can they be sunday school teachers?

Also, If man is the head of the woman, how many households, in American Christianity are really run by the wife? That is just a side thought.

I actually want to use bits and pieces of this thread, HOPEFULLY, as a teaching I need to do in my women's studies class on religion. Religion and women.

2011/9/20 16:56Profile
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re: Women Preachers are SINFUL!

They are? Very slanted... What about Paul telling the women who prophesied that they must cover their head? So it must have happened in Bible days...

2011/9/20 18:12Profile
HeartSong

Re:

If the head is in the right place, the rest of the body will follow.

2011/9/20 18:29Profile
luke673

Tennessee

Re: its real clear

1Ti 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
1Ti 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
1Ti 2:13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
1Ti 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

enough said

2011/9/20 19:27Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: luke673

IF you are not going to have a logical conversation. I can't either.

God bless you,
Lisa

2011/9/20 19:51Profile
luke673

Tennessee

Re:

these are not my words. this is straight from paul. i dont think a man should lord over a woman. the woman was taken from the rib. not the foot. and not the head. but in between. weman are to be loved and cherished. not lorded over. but in the church. to have no authority over a man. weman are to be subjective to men. does that mean they cant have an opinion of corse not. and men should listen to there opinion in the home. not in church. men should lead the church and only the men. would christ bride (the church) tell him what should be. i think not.

2011/9/20 20:07Profile
Sree

Re: Lysa

yes, I am a woman but no, I do not attend CFC, (I listen to Zac's sermons and recommend them) but I live in the US

I know that you live in US. Have you been to the pennsylvania conference of brother Zac?

2011/9/20 22:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy