SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : brother Greg (site moderator) And Brandy Vaughan Officially Courting!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
genevason

Re: Greg Gordon (site moderator) And Brandy Vaughan Officially Courting!!

Congratulations Greg! God bless both of you on this journey :)

Genieve

2011/8/29 13:07Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Re:

Marriage means death to self - are you really up for this?

Praise God!

Proverbs 18:22
Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.

2011/8/29 16:19Profile
Renoncer

Re:

Greg,
I am so happy to see someone doing it the Biblical way.

Praise the Lord!

I would imagine that Brandy understands how she will have to deny herself in order to submit to your leadership and the example you have set before us. That means she must be adorned with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which in God's sight is very precious. I thank God for giving you such a precious bride. May this be a true picture of the beautiful bride of Christ, adorned with fine linen, clean and white, for her husband whose blood-dipped robe bears the mark of his sacrificial love.

Rejoicing in Christ Jesus,
Renoncer

2011/8/29 17:12Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

I enjoyed my courtship with my wife, Greg. In a way, it continues today (although, of course, without all of the safeguards)!

Funny story...

My wife's parents do not speak English. So, I wrote out the words to ask her father in person if I could begin courting her. We were both in college, and I was extremely nervous. So, I memorized those words in order to ask his permission.

When I arrived to her home, I asked if I could speak with her father and her brothers.

We went outside and I said (in so many words) how I felt directed by the Lord toward his daughter...and how I felt about her...and if I could be permitted to court her...that I had already obtained my parents' permission...and how his permission meant so much to me. I was so nervous (and my Spanish wasn't quite as good back then) that I probably couldn't have repeated those words twice.

Unfortunately, I wasn't yet aware that her father needed a hearing aid.

So, as soon as I finished (nearly in tears), he looked to his sons and asked in Spanish, "What is he asking?"

One of them explained to him in precisely seven words that I wanted to court his daughter. He smiled and gave his blessing.

:-P

Again, our prayers are with you and Brandy. As always, we will continue to pray for SermonIndex and the ministry that the Lord has for you as well.

2011/8/29 17:17Profile
savedtoserve

Re:

Congratulations, Bro. Gordon and Brandy!! May the blessing of the Lord be with you both!

Chris, your story really is funny. :P Forgive me for having laughed... :P What counts is that you got her!! :) God bless!

2011/8/29 19:55Profile
Elibeth

Re: Greg Gordon (site moderator) And Brandy Vaughan Officially Courting!!

Greg and Brandy,
This is Beautiful !
How refreshing to hear of courtship in such a way.

I know of another family that does it this way,and the children except it beautifully.
The ways of the world are not His ways.

The Lord led and guide you And His work in your lives will
be enriched ...always.

Bless you,

Elizabeth

2011/8/29 21:33Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Me and Brandy have read through all these responses, sometimes laughing and other times very sobered. What a blessing all your thoughts and prayers are. We are very thankful!

2011/8/30 8:53Profile
Onesimus

India

Re:

Dear Br.Greg, Congratulations!! Very glad to hear about this. May the Lord bless you both and make you a blessing to many. May He help you both to setup a godly family on this earth, a foretaste of Heaven on Earth.

2011/8/30 10:11Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Thank you dear brother. We truly are desiring the Lord to allow us to be a godly couple that will serve Him in all things and be an example of His grace to all. May Jesus Christ be exalted in everything in this relationship.

2011/8/30 11:26Profile
davidtowers

England

Re:

Wonderful news - congratulations Greg and Brandy! God bless.

2011/8/30 11:33Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy