SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : GOD WANTS TO SPEAK TO YOU! by David Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

GOD WANTS TO SPEAK TO YOU! by David Wilkerson

GOD WANTS TO SPEAK TO YOU!
by David Wilkerson August 25, 2011

God desires to speak to you as if you were sitting down to dinner with him. He wants to converse with you, heart to heart, on any and all matters! The Bible says: “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me” (Revelation 3:20).

This verse often has been used when speaking to the unsaved. We speak of Jesus standing at the door of the sinner’s heart, seeking entrance. But, no—Christ is speaking to the believer!

The context shows that Christ is talking to those who are clothed in white raiment (righteousness), who have bought gold tried in the fire, whose eyes are anointed (having revelation), who are loved, reproved and chastened (see Revelation 3:15-19). These are repentant, holy people who want to know the voice of God!

As I read and reread verse 20 in this passage, three words kept leaping out at me: “Open the door! Open the door!” And the Spirit of God spoke clearly to my heart: “David, the reason you have not heard me as I want to be heard is because you are not wholly open in your spirit to hear!”

As I see it, this door represents a commitment—one that many Christians have not yet fully made. Most believers pray, “Lord, all I need is a little advice, a few words of direction—a reminder that you love me. Just let me know whether I’m doing right or wrong. Go before me and open the doors!”

But Jesus answers us: “If all you want from me is direction, I can send a prophet to you. If you only want to know where to go and what to do, I can send someone and you can filter it all through him. But you are missing me!”

Jesus wants your closeness, your deepest emotions, your locked-up room. He wants to sit down with you and share all that is in his heart—to talk with you face to face. Revelation 3 is a wonderful picture of this. It speaks of love and intimacy, of sharing secrets, of tender voices.

When Jesus comes in, he brings food and bread—in other words, himself. When you feed on him, you will be satisfied completely!

2011/8/25 12:30Profile

Re: GOD WANTS TO SPEAK TO YOU! by David Wilkerson

There are many Scriptures that are commonly misquoted and taken out of context. There is a saying amongst those who seriously study the word ” a text without a context becomes a pretext.” This Scripture quoted above is one such Scripture. How many of us have shared the Scripture above in regard to the unsaved? This Scripture, in actual fact, pictures the Lord seeking entrance into His own church for the purpose of renewed fellowship.

How sad and tragic that our Lord Jesus would have to stand outside of our lives, outside of His own peoples heart and church and knock continually and be ignored, be left standing outside the door. How many times in the world have we been going about our business in our own houses and suddenly realize that there is someone standing on our doorstep? If you have been in your own house and see someone standing at your door as you passed, you quickly open the door and apologize and ask the person how long they have been standing there. Would it not be tragic if there is the person of Jesus standing outside of the innermost parts of our hearts and His knocking goes unheard? How is it that we cannot hear Him? It clearly says that He is knocking. Perhaps the things of the world, the cares of the day have dulled our hearing?

It is interesting that in the very next chapter (how many know that there are no actual chapters in the Bible and that they were added to make it easier for the modern reader) actually two sentences later the letter continues and says “After these things I looked and behold a door standing open in Heaven.” This is the same door brothers and sisters. This is the door that the Lord wants you to open, come with me and see what the Scripture says lies beyond the door that the Lord wants you to open today, right now. ………..

“Immediately I was in the Spirit and behold a throne set in heaven and One sat on the Throne.
Oh brothers and sisters, we are in the very throne room of God, we have stepped into the innermost sanctuary of the mighty God of all creation. Can I suggest to you that in this place you will fall on your face? That the awe and the majesty and the trembling power of that place will completely take you over and you will cry “Holy holy holy . Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come.”

When we, as “living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to Him who sits on the throne, who lives forever and ever,” we will find ourselves “Casting down our crowns before the throne saying You are worthy Oh Lord to receive glory and honor and power for you created all things and by your will they exist and were created.”

For too long we, as people of God, as the called out people have only entered into “His courts with thanksgiving and into His gates with praise.” And while there is great emphasis in ancient Israel for worship of joyful abandon and gladness, this was not the only “mood,” of worship. Even prior to Jesus manifesting Himself on the earth there was a worship of awe and of reverence where one could barely lift their heads. The power would fall, the shekinah glory of the living God would fall with such a “Holy heaviness,” that one could barely lift their heads.

If we are to move to a different place in God, as individuals and as a called out people, we must answer the knock at the door of our hearts. In order to hear that knocking we must abandon the “cares of the world. Instead of seeking the gold of the world, we must turn our eyes to the treasures of heaven and its throne room. If we are to hear God, we must become silent before Him. We are moving into a time where it will be vital to be intimate with Him. There is a time for shouting and praising God, but if we are ignoring the knocking, then we must stop shouting. If our lives are not reflecting the Glory of God, if we are not becoming like His Son, daily, then all of our shouting and praising God will just be so much noise. How tragic for the church of the living God if, when He looks down, He does not see praise but just a group of people making a noise.

Dear Lord and Father, in the name of our precious Lord and Savior Jesus, we repent this day and ask that you forgive us. We have had a form of Godliness, we have had a reputation of being alive, but now we want nothing more than to reflect the glory of the throne room of heaven. We want to enter into this place, this place of most intimate worship that compels us, necessitates us to fall to the floor and cry Holy, Holy, Holy, Holy are you Lord in all the earth and we worship you. And when, for practical purposes, we get back to our feet, then let us be changed by the very presence of you in the most intimate parts of us. And from the very core of our being let that change radiate outwards, let us take that change, that power, that presence back out into the world of darkness and let that light so shine before men who dwell in darkness that they run to you. Fire in our hearts from the throne room of heaven. Living coals received into supernatural hearts, hearts prepared to receive such coals. No longer does the coals of fire burn our lips but it burns at the very center of our beings. Oh Lord I hear you knocking, the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords is knocking on my door? I can scarcely believe how honored I am, how privileged I am that you would knock on the door of one such as I.

”2Sa 9:8 And he bowed himself and said, What is your servant, that you should look upon such a dead dog as I?” Lord you restored everything to Mephibosheth, a lame man in hiding, and invited him to dine with you every day, I ask that you would restore us, your people, to the banqueting table of your presence and I thank you that your banner over us is love.

2011/8/25 13:02

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy