SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Hurricane Irene

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Come to the Blue Ridge Mountains here in sunny Carolina... we'll put you up!

Krispy

2011/8/25 15:40

Re:

Quote:
Let's be practical with this storm and not so superspiritual with it. There is a time and a place for everything.

Amen!

A friend of mine said yesteday... "earthquake and a hurricane in one week. This means Jesus is coming real soon!"

I said "No... it just means there is a fault line in Virginia, and it's hurricane season."

Krispy

2011/8/25 15:42
Renoncer

Re: Hurricane Irene

He led them in safety, so that they were not afraid, but the sea overwhelmed their enemies.
(Psalms 78:53)

Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.
(Colossians 3:2-4)

… casting all your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you.
(1 Peter 5:7)

Dear sister,
I live in Portsmouth, VA. I am going to go through the same hurricane with you. Let me invite you to rejoice in the Lord with me. You see, when trouble comes, it forces us to remember that we are dust, and to throw ourselves upon Christ. Far from being a curse, it is a blessing to the children of God, that we may see our Lord with greater clarity. When you look around you and all you see is a storm, you are forced to look beyond the storm, where the Lord is. Do you see the cleft of the rock? Go there… You will find peace that surpasses all understanding. There you will even see the glory of the Lord!

Safe in Christ Jesus,
Renoncer

2011/8/25 15:42Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

A friend of mine said yesteday... "earthquake and a hurricane in one week. This means Jesus is coming real soon!"

I said "No... it just means there is a fault line in Virginia, and it's hurricane season

-------------------------------------------

Let's think about that first quote, Jesus is coming because of 2 natural disasters? Now, is that really discernment of the spirit? It is more like an overgrown child is reacts to a situation rather than understanding the situation.
My wife is from the Philippines and they get earthquakes and typhoons ALOT. Does this mean God is constantly judging that nation as a result? THey live along the ring of fire and are in line of the typhoon zone. Yet, is that a judgment of God.

Again I say to those in the path of this storm, while you are singing your praises to God get your practical needs together in case the house is damaged in whatever condition. You don't want to be in a position of having to rely on others for your needs. It would be better to have your needs already met there and then if you have plenty you can use it to help others. You just might become a witness of God after the storm but don't become a spiritual balloon in this.

2011/8/25 16:06Profile

Re:

DEADn... absolutely. We are 100% on the same page.

People always look to overspiritualize everything, but fail to notice that the Bible is very practical. It is supernatural, but it is also practical.

Krispy

2011/8/25 16:12
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

MaryJane, being 60 miles inland should put you beyond the path of the ocean/water surge which causes extensive flooding. The biggest problem you will likely have is downed trees which can cut your electricity and phone service. Also make sure your cell phones are fully charged but make no unnecessary calls. The probability also exists that its service will be affected as well.

Just do the common sense thing and trust the LORD. He did give you a brain and expects people to use it! :-) And it sounds like you are! :-)

2011/8/25 17:06Profile
utilizer001

Oregon

Re: Hurricane Irene

Prayer offered to the Lord on your behalf sister.

Jason Smith
Eastern Oregon.

2011/8/25 22:20Profile
mama27

Re:

Our prayer group prayed for you tonite, MaryJane....may the Lord flood you with His peace....

2011/8/26 0:01Profile
brothergary

Re:

strengthen her lord in the power of your might

fill her with the spirit of your love that can cast out all fear ,,,hear you severnts lord amen

2011/8/26 2:55Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

MaryJane,

There is one more thing I want to warn you about...

When storms are predicted, people will stock up on necessities, emptying shelves making some essentials hard to find. Then there may be someone who does have it and they will engage in what is called 'price gouging'. This is when the seller will charge outrageous prices for an item that is desperately needed by the people. So, I would encourage you to be sure you have plenty of gasoline, ice and other essentials on hand before the storm gets close. These are items that if you won't use during the storm can be used later.

Years ago during a hurricane this problem got bad in MS. Prices of ice and gasoline went through the roof. In response to this the state enacted laws prohibiting this practice.

(I think it was after Katrina, there were people from south Missippi who came up here with barrels to buy gasoline because there was none in the southern half of the state.)

Storms will provide a community an opportunity to show what you are. Will you loot because there is a flood, or your things are strewn about because of wind? or, will you leave things be? Something to think about...if it ain't yours you leave it or try to find its owner! (My husband has a relative whose car was stolen in the aftermath of the tornadoes back in April.)

God bless.

2011/8/26 9:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy