SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : god

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Giggles

Re:

Mat 19:21, 27-30:

"Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me...Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore? And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life. But many that are first shall be last; and the last shall be first."

2011/9/2 23:03Profile
psalm1

Re: It will cost you everything, EVERYTHING???

Hey codek,

Wow,what a testimony! Now you need to be patient,because actually there is success in many counselors.

What you are missing is the counsel of the elders.Older brothers that have "been there,done that"

God was glad for your heart,not your possessions.
He did say "if your eye offends,pluck it out" but that is also a heart issue.

It could be your answer is found in the story of Abraham and Issac.Remember that Abraham was only required to be WILLLING,to give up his son,then the "required" sacrifice was provided by God.

Well,you showed your willingness.So now what to do?

You must contact several pastors in your area and get counsel.God will confirm one or more of their advice.

In the meantime,your action did not accompany faith alongside. In the future,when you "bake a cake" read the directions.

Read hebrws 11.It is the faith chapter.From now on,recognize you almost zero faith,and get your faith activated before you venture out again.

When you are destitute and have nothing,that is when God works.But you won't let him,because you are "noisy" in your spirit.

The man of faith can sell all,give it to the poor and be happy.But he better be sure the TIMING is Gods and not his.

Another thing to consider,is a MARRIED MAN has a different walk than a single man.You must PROVIDE for them.So selling all for a married man is different than just putting yourself in the "press".

BTW,welcome to the "press".You entered prematurely into what advanced christians go through.

Should you actually activate faith,you will position yourself for the greatest adventure in God you will possibly ever have.

Do you want the 4th man to come into the furnace with you?

Then read carefully what they SAID,and do like all those in Heb 11

Nobody,but a man of faith can guide you at this point.
........and of course your ability to hear heaven for yourself.

Stop acting like you are alone.So what if every single "believer" abandons you.(They haven't) God is for you,and he is with you.Thats good enough.

God bless,
David

2011/9/13 13:04Profile

Re:

2011/9/15 0:59
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Codek: The scriptures to which you refer are not instruction to every believer to sell all he has and give to the poor. Jesus was making a very strong point to the young man. The man was convinced of his own righteousness by his seeming ability to keep the law so perfectly. The young man said, "I have kept the law perfectly from my youth." Jesus had to show this young man that he was deceiving himself. So Jesus said, "Ok then, if you will be perfect then sell all you have and give it to the poor and come follow me." The young man realized in that moment that he had broken the first commandment. "Thou shalt have no other Gods before Me." The young man had great wealth and this wealth was an idol to him. He was totally unwilling to give up the thing he served, money. What had a moment before been spiritual pride suddenly was seen for what it was and the young man went away sad. The point is not that all believers need to sell out and live on the street. The point is that we should not allow money to be an idol in our lives.

2011/9/15 19:27Profile
Trekker

northern USA

Re: It will cost you everything, EVERYTHING???

Well spoken, codek! I have experienced the same from the churches i have been in--and worse. The way it is here, if a Christian gives you help they judge you for needing it.

If you were anywhere near me i would do all i could to help you find a job. I'm assuming you don't want to relocate out of your state. I will pray for you also. This is a very hard trial you are going through.

As for bankruptcy, don't feel too bad; there is life after bankruptcy, it is not the end of the world. Millions go thru it every day and some come out better than they ever were before.

Also, twayneb (and others) have given some excellant and sound wisdom and advice on this thread. So glad to have been blessed myself in reading it!

2011/9/15 20:13Profile

Re:

2011/9/16 0:19
ArtB

New York

Re:

by codek on 2011/9/14 21:59:35 writes:

"Giggles, those verses to me tell me that I should say all that I have literally and give to the poor, no?

How else can you interpret that verse?"

The answer is NO!

I know these verses well, and if taken in context with Jesus full discourse with the young rich Jewish man and Jesus apostles, leads to a very profound statement. It is painful when people quote scripture devoid of context. This happens too often on this forum.

I will post the verse in context in a separate thread. I did post it back in 2004. "Jesus and The Young Rich Man."

2011/9/16 0:20Profile

Re:

2011/9/16 0:24

Re:

"The way it is here, if a Christian gives you help they judge you for needing it."

Exactly.. hmm just like ...hmm THE WORLD.

Where do you live? I'm out in Los Angeles.

2011/9/16 2:29
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

codek: God does desire that you burn for Him. But that burning takes place inside our hearts. If He has my heart, if I am burning up for Him, then the physical stuff will be His as well as He leads me. If my heart is His I will be willing to do with my money as He directs me to do. It is the heart He wants.

As for other people, they are often misguided and sometimes deceitful. I am afraid that as a human I have been both. My realization of this allows me to have more grace for my brother. But in the midst of that hurt and pain come to me. I must get before God and give Him all of the hurt and pain. Remember what it means to burn up for Him. It means that I give Him ALL of my heart including my right to bear hurt, pain, offence, etc. I can tell you this is often the most difficult place to give it all up. To many of us releasing this stuff is harder than it was for the rich young ruler to face his love of his money.

I want to encourage you not to withdraw from God and also don't withdraw from people in His body. You can get all kinds of advice and some support here on SI but it does not compare to having brothers to walk with where you live. Find a good fellowship of believers in the LA area and fellowship with them. Get to know some men who are mature in the Lord and solid in the word and seek them for counsel and advice. Don't be afraid to put some trust in these men although it makes you somewhat vulnerable. Do you know of such men in your area? If not I will pray you find them.

2011/9/16 8:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy