SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : 5.9 quake hits Virginia/D.C.; 5.3 strikes Colorado, New Mexico

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
savedtoserve

Re:

Quote:
That is a great poem! Did you write that?

Who are you talking to? Ginnyrose's is from the NASB version. :)

2011/8/26 15:56Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Martyr

Hey, bro, I can't speak for everyone but in relation to your comments about some not wanting people to speak about the 2nd coming of Jesus- for me it is the reactionary side of humanity that does disservice to this.

Any natural disaster seems to brings out people who want to quote scripture and while it seems to be a nice gesture, is that really of the Spirit? A person can use so many parts of the bible to prove many things but in the end, is it authentic inspiration or just a case of emotional reaction. My thinking is that it is emotional reaction and does not promote the Voice of God in this world.

Does that make sense?

2011/8/26 17:10Profile
Creation7

Re: savedtoserve

I'm talking about the poem HeartSong posted. :)

2011/8/26 17:58Profile
Creation7

Re:

Quote:
BREAKING NEWS:

President Obama has just confirmed that the DC earthquake occurred on a rare and obscure fault-line, apparently known as "Bush's Fault". Obama also announced that the Secret Service and Maxine Waters are continuing an investigation of the quake's suspicious ties to the Tea Party. Conservatives however have proven that it was caused by the founding fathers rolling over in their graves. Residents of D.C. don't be alarmed with the earthquake or aftershocks. That is just the country shifting to the RIGHT!!

Hahaa! That's some of the funniest "breaking news" I've seen in awhile! XD

2011/8/26 18:04Profile
shornlamb

Germany

Re:

Sadly, I can sense a certain flippancy about the reactions of some of the subscribers to this thread. All the more do I thank those subscribers who can sense the gravity of natural disasters, be they great or small.

Yes, I can see the danger of crying wolf too often, but I don't think it is because the smaller natural disasters are not important, rather because the men and women who speak about them sometimes do so in their own strength and not with true spiritual discernment of God's loving heart. May the Lord not only help us to fear Him and His actions, but also to fear the wrong words that sometimes can fall from our lips, that misrepresent and dishonour Him.

I do believe that these "little" natural disasters are a reminder that our world is no longer the place God meant it to be. I also believe that they are God's wake-up call to the majority of His creatures who have forgotten Him, excluded Him or willingly rebelled against Him in their demand for happiness now.

May the Lord give us sensitive hearts, to sense the anguish in His heart. The anguish that one day after the "little" unheeded warnings, He will have to send the "big one". Why? Because He loves us, and out of love will undoubtedly send correction.

The USA, my own country, England, and most of the nations have sinned so flagrantly and are so corrupted (first and foremost we Christians in our compromised walk and powerless message to the lost) that the arrogant question:

"How can a God of love let such things happen?"

no longer applies.

The question of any truly God-fearing soul today MUST be:

"God, why have you not completely destroyed our nations yet?"

May this forum and website help to raise up true prophets for the Lord, now in these times when He will indeed have to increase His judgments.

2011/8/27 5:38Profile
brothergary

Re:

yea i agree with you shorn lamb

god created the faults lines

not mother nature

and the the book of acts ,it say he preapoints ,the extent of mans dwelings and the time he has upon the earth

if nation is dweling over a fult live god made ,it is becasue god ordained it

there is no chance in this friends
god works all things accoring to the councel of his will says, paul said to the epheasians

2011/8/27 6:39Profile

Re: Shornlanb

I also agree with you. Earlier in this thread I implored the saints to look at the signs of Mat 24, Mark 13, and Liue 21. For the most part what I read was sourcasm. God in his mercy has left us a blessed book called the Bible. Sometimes refreered to as Believers Instructions Before Leaving Earth. We praise God for his instructions. For by reading the Instruction Manual we can discern the times.

Friend be vigilant and alert. Be encouraved. There are a few iof us who do watch and pray and discern the times. For we know that Jesus will soon return. May we as the faithful and wise servant and be about our King's business til He commeth.

Your brother in Christ,

Blaine

2011/8/28 12:17

Re:

DoD News Briefing: Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen
April 28, 1997 8:45 AM EDT

Q: "Let me ask you specifically about last week's scare here in Washington, and what we might have learned from how prepared we are to deal with that (inaudible), at B'nai Brith."

A: "Well, it points out the nature of the threat. It turned out to be a false threat under the circumstances. But as we've learned in the intelligence community, we had something called -- and we have James Woolsey here to perhaps even address this question about phantom moles. The mere fear that there is a mole within an agency can set off a chain reaction and a hunt for that particular mole which can paralyze the agency for weeks and months and years even, in a search. The same thing is true about just the false scare of a threat of using some kind of a chemical weapon or a biological one. There are some reports, for example, that some countries have been trying to construct something like an Ebola Virus, and that would be a very dangerous phenomenon, to say the least. Alvin Toeffler has written about this in terms of some scientists in their laboratories trying to devise certain types of pathogens that would be ethnic specific so that they could just eliminate certain ethnic groups and races; and others are designing some sort of engineering, some sort of insects that can destroy specific crops. Others are engaging even in an eco- type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves.

So there are plenty of ingenious minds out there that are at work finding ways in which they can wreak terror upon other nations. It's real, and that's the reason why we have to intensify our efforts, and that's why this is so important."

http://www.defense.gov/transcripts/transcript.aspx?transcriptid=674

2011/9/7 0:42

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy