SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : 5.9 quake hits Virginia/D.C.; 5.3 strikes Colorado, New Mexico

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
Japan was moved 8 feet closer to the U S

This can't be good. I think they are planning another sneak attack! We're gonna wake up some morning and Japan will be right on top of Nebraska and there wont be a thing we can do about it!

Run for the hills!

Krispy

2011/8/24 14:03
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

There was a strong 6.8 magnitude earthquake a few minutes ago in Peru:

http://news.yahoo.com/strong-6-8-magnitude-quake-shakes-central-peru-180732820.html

2011/8/24 14:23Profile
Creation7

Re:

Quote:
This can't be good. I think they are planning another sneak attack! We're gonna wake up some morning and Japan will be right on top of Nebraska and there wont be a thing we can do about it!

Run for the hills!

It's true, Krispy! The Japanese have developed a highly technologically advanced bomber that uses bombs that are so amazing, they seek out all military sites and blow them to kingdom come! Unfortunetly, after these planes were developed, it was found that they actually went a mere 8 feet less than a plane could safely land on the American continent. Voila! An sinister plan was developed to artificially manufacture an earthquake of such magnitude that would fix the problem (how they did that is a long story)! But, for a donation of just $49.99, we can send you your FREE copy of the book DECEPTION which will tell you how they masterminded this plan, how to keep your family safe in these horrifying times, plus an earthquake blocker, and tons more pertinent information!

2011/8/24 14:37Profile

Re:

lol... thats funny. I like you, Creation7!

Krispy

2011/8/24 14:41
Creation7

Re:

Haha... yeah, it's funny how some people can get drawn into crazy stuff like that. XD

2011/8/24 14:49Profile

Re: 2 Peter 3:3-end of chapter

First of all you must understand in the last days scoffers will come....

Folks I say in all soberness and sincerity that your mocking and scoffong are very dangerous. God in his mercy is speaking to the church. Jesus says in the opening chapters of Revelation he that has an ear let him hear what the Spirit is saying to the church. Jesus told us the warning signs in the gospels. The apostles wrote about what would take place prior to the return of of Jesus. The last book of the Bible is dedicated to his return. Do not despise what God is speaking to his church. He is still giving us time to repent. For if we reject what he is saying we do so at our own peril.

Blaine Scogin

2011/8/24 15:32

Re:

Blaine... No one is “scoffing”. You know we take the Word of the Lord very seriously… and our eyes are wide open to the fact that earthquakes are happening at a rapid pace.

What we are mocking are the “wannabe prophets” like the Pat Robertsons of the world who come out after a hurricane or earthquake claiming to speak for God but actually bringing reproach on His name with ridiculous proclamations and such.

Of course we see what going on, and we realize what it COULD mean. We’re not mocking that.

Krispy

2011/8/24 15:38

Re: Krispy

Thank you for the clarification. I was getting a little concerned.

Blaine

2011/8/24 15:46
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Martyr

I take things like this seriously as well and I think we need to be careful whenever we decided 'judgment' is coming. Sometimes a crying out can be like crying wolf too much.
So many times when a natural disaster happens many in the church seem so quick to point to some kind of judgment but in reality, how true is it. The earth goes through alot of natural things. Even a wildfire for instance and in many cases it is a natural thing to kill the old and bring in new life. Is there judgment there?

So I ask, by using the Word of God for this earthquake and the one in Chile, are we using the bible correctly when saying these things? I don't think we are and if we are how do we know we are. Pointing to scriptures about certain events doesn't prove these things. For the sake of natural disasters they have gone on throughout history. Even in the OT in some of the disasters, such as famines you never hear of it being as a judgment, only that God says prepare.

So what gives here? We need to be intelligent in what we say, lack of intellient voices in christianity give rise to mockings because we can't seem to discern anything intelligently.

2011/8/24 16:03Profile

Re: Deadn

Brother I think it is right and even critical to discern the times by using scriptures. Jesus taught in Mathew, Mark. and Luke that earthquakes would precede his reiturn. He spoke of the signs being as birth pangs. They are given by a merciful God for the elect to be prepared when he does return. He may comei lke a thief in the night but for the saint who does stand his watch and is vigilant about the King's business that return will not take them by surprise.

There will always be scoffers. This is of Satan. Peter predicted this 2000 years ago when he wrote his second letter. Yes there will be the Harold Kampings who will decieve people. But anyone who reads scripture would have known that no one knows the hour or day. Kamping was predicting an actual time of Christ return.

I am simply saying God has given us signs to look for to expect his soon return. If it bothers some to call this earthquake judgement then call it a warning or call it a sign of his soon coming. But when he does return it will be to bring judgement. Pastor Al Martin has said that will be the day that God's wrath unmixed with mercy will fall with fury upon this planet. Woe to the person who is not found in Christ.

I think Keith aka Simpleliving had an excellent post earlier on this thread about what God is saying through these disasters and events of our day. God is wanting men to repent and find faith in Jesus Christ while there is still time. In the oopening verses of Lk 13 Jesus commented upon two tragic events of his time with these words 'Unless you repent you will also perish.'

I am not advocating a pretrib rapture myth here. But I do see an increasing urgency about the evil times we live in. I think many in this forum feel this way. We do not know when our King will return. But one thing we dare not do is ignore the signs he has given in scripture.
And to also be about our King's business. That of calling people to turn to God in repentence and have faith in our Lord Jreus Christ.

Posted by Blaine Scogin

2011/8/24 18:04

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy