SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Bringing a Gift to Jesus

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Yodi

Escondido, California

Bringing a Gift to Jesus

If you were asked to bring a gift for Jesus, what would it be?

This ideas was inspired by a Christmas party I went to last night. The gifts that everyone shared were such a blessing to me! And I think what we share on here would be a blessing as well!

The gift I brought, and bring here, I hoped would reflect the heart I want to live for God.

[b]My Gift to Jesus[/b]

God, You know my heart
The things I want to do
To daily do my part
In accomplishing what pleases You

So please let my life
Reflect my true desire
Take all my impurities
And burn them with Your fire

I thank You for Your love
I thank You for Your Son
My entire life
And my whole heart, You have won.

[i]by Yolanda Diehl[/i]

2004/12/19 16:44Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Bringing a Gift to Jesus

This question always reminds me of a refrain in a song I learned in childhood: "what can I give him poor as I am? ....Give him my heart."

God is not impressed with great big things that impress others. He only wants a heart that is turned up to Him in love and willing to listen and follow Him wherever that may be.

I have recently been led to pray that I would always be able to discern His voice all the time. So I pray that He would teach me this discernment and I must say it has been an interesting walk..and a delighful one, I must add.

Blessings,
Sandra

2004/12/19 19:20Profile
dohzman

Re: great question

This reminds me of an old movie the schools use to be at liberty to show called "The Littiest Angel". In it all the angels in heaven presented thier gifts to Jesus , some big some gold ect... but the littliest angel had nothing he felt was worthy to give so he left heaven and went to earth and retrieved a little box which was some of his precious possessions while on earth. In the box was a few pretty rocks, a butterfly, and things much like that , that a little boy would hold precious. This little angel offered this gift and after seeing the gifts all the others offered felt so ashamed of his his gift he tried to retrieve it but it was too late. The movie showed the Lord looking at all the gifts kind of like light examining things until it came to that box of simple things, given with an unselfish heart from that littiest angel. At that point the Lord stopped and gave special reconition to the littiest angel.-------I believe the best gifts are give in simple acts of love, with no other motive but to please Jesus. God Bless

2004/12/19 23:21Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
My Gift to Jesus

WOW yolanda! thanks so much for sharing thats such a blessing to see your heart brought out in that peom you wrote! I know Jesus see's that gift you have given Him and will honour it. Your heart and will to obey is much more precious to him than gold or myrh.

2004/12/19 23:24Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re:

[laughs] Thanks Greg.

It's so interesting that the "heart" gets brought up by so many as an answer to the question, "What gift would you bring to Jesus?" Several others shared that at the Christmas party I went to. It's awesome to hear others echo what God has been speaking to their very own hearts!

Thank you all for sharing!

2004/12/20 12:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy