Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Hi Im Peter from Australia

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
no_stamp

Australia, Queensland, Brisbane

Hi Im Peter from Australia

[color=0000CC][font=Verdana]Hi my name is Peter. I am 21 years old. I am from Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. I grew up with Christian morals and values and attended Church as my parents are Christians. I gave Jesus my life when I was 13 (1996). I was lying in bed trying to sleep when all of a sudden I felt a deep emptiness enter my body and I burst into tears. I went down to mum told her I dont feel like I'm a Christian. She explained its not a matter of feeling its a matter of knowing because feelings come and go. So she explained what the Gospel was (I already knew it) and I gave my life to Jesus.

My uncle has been sent to jail twice this year (3 months). His name is Graham Preston. He has 7 children. He is a co-ordinator of Right to Life. He has been doing it for as long as I can remember. One of his main beefs with the Australian government is that in Australia if a women is on her way to the abortion clinic and she is attacked and the babies dies, the attacker will be charged with murder. If she wasnt attacked and she made it to the abortion clinic it wouldnt be murder it would be only an abortion. A very contradictory law. Abortion is murder. His main beef with the government is to obviously make abortion illegal. Police officers tell Graham "I dont think you're a criminal but I have to do my job. I actually think what you are doing is a good thing and I encourage you to keep doing it." Prisoners cant believe he is willing to go to jail over abortion but they still encourage him to keep protesting. The police induction pledge says "My duty is to protect life" yet the police arrest him even though he was protecting life.

I have decided to start supporting Graham, Ill be going out at their next rescue. However I would like to be a Police Officer one day but a criminal record will not look good. I have worked at McDonalds at for 6 years. I have been told whenever I want to become a manager just say so and they'll start me on the course. But they know I want to be a Police Officer and therefore wont invest $10 000 into me if Im going to leave within 11 months. Which is fair enough. But I said if they do reject me Ill then become a manager and apply again maybe 3 years later. So if I get a criminal record at least I still have a career to fall back on.[/font][/color]

2004/12/19 7:43Profile
no_stamp

Australia, Queensland, Brisbane

Re: Hi Im Peter from Australia

[color=0000CC][font=Verdana]Also I'm so glad I found this site. I was given a Revival Hymn CD from Richard at Bible Study. I visited the site and found a wealth of sermons on here. I've been looking for sermons at all Christian bookstores in my area but all they stock are ones that have wrong teachings like 'follow Christ and recieve prosperity'. The forum on here is great too. I especially read the threads about quotes. Ive been daily viewing this site for about 4 months now.[/font][/color]

2004/12/19 7:52Profile

Re: Hi Im Peter from Australia

Hey there!

It's great to hear from you and your boldness! I am glad to hear that you are going to get involved with the pro life ministry in your area. It's also great you want to be a cop. We need as many Christian cops as we can.

Be strong brother. Don't fear jail. I've been thrown in jail for preaching open-air. But count it all joy.

"I am somewhat pleased when I occasionally hear of a brother being locked up by the police, for it does him good, and it does the people good, also. It is a fine sight to see the minister of the Gospel marched off by the servant of the law! It excites sympathy for him, and the next step is sympathy for his message. Many who felt no interest in him before are eager to hear him when he is ordered to 1eave off, and still more so when he is taken to the station. The vilest of mankind respect a man who gets into trouble in order to do them good, and if they see unfair opposition excited they grow quite zealous in the man’s defense." Charles Spurgeon

Think of all the great men who have been to jail. John the Baptist, Jesus Christ, Peter, Paul, and many many others. In fact, the first record of prison at all in the bible is Joseph. And why was Joseph thrown in prison for years and years? Because he was falsely accused. All he had to do was compromise and sin against God and he never would have been thrown in jail. But he stayed true to God! May we all do likewise.

2004/12/19 7:56
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Also I'm so glad I found this site. I was given a Revival Hymn CD from Richard at Bible Study. I visited the site and found a wealth of sermons on here.

Hi brother welcome to SermonIndex! that is great you heard that powerful recording. I have listened to it more then 50 times! praise God. I encourage you to hear more of the sermons and distribute them to friends like your brother Richard did.

2004/12/19 10:10Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy