Discussion Forum : General Topics : homosexuals and coming out

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Veronica226

Montana

Re:

Quote:
This refering to the Good deeds given to us from the Lord not our good and bad deeds, there is no biblical proof that hell has levels of severity.

Then why does Jesus say that the hypocrite will receive greater condemnation (i.e. greater punishment)? Or why does He say this: "For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and WILL THEN REPAY EVERY MAN ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS." (Matthew 16:27)? (I'm not being sarcastic, I'm honestly asking!)

Thank you for those verses on "abomination". Like I said, I should have looked it up before I posted. So thank you for correcting me. :)
Quote:
Here is an interesting question. How do we witness to the homosexual?

I would say the same way we witness to any other sinner. I would also say that we shouldn't necessarily treat homosexuality as special when telling them the gospel. I know that pointing that out can shut people down. I prefer to stick to things that our culture considers "little", like lying and pride when showing how we've transgressed God's law and character. (Of course that sometimes makes people REALLY mad.)
They need Jesus just as much as we do. As some have said, were we really any better?

2011/8/19 22:06Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Thanks for the correction you are very correct with that verse :) Though I really don't know how hell could be any worse that eternal death I will definitely submit to the scriptures as to what they say about it.

I stopped watching the Fall from Grace documentary when they started interviewing the will children of the Phelps family. I couldn't handle listening to their responses filled with such ignorance and hate all at the same time.

I really wanted to give them all a big hug and tell them Jesus Loves them so much and they don't even know it. It is an interesting thing the Phelps are doing in terms of the message they speak truth but it is far from done in Love. A true prophet is one who can rebuke you but all at the same time weep bitterly for your sins, showing you compassion. This is what they lack.

2011/8/20 1:23Profile
Veronica226

Montana

Re:

Isn't it wonderful how we can submit to each others' corrections? The spirit in which most corrections on here are given makes it an absolute JOY to submit to other brothers and sisters here. Especially because I know that most love me (as best they can over the internet) and want to glorify Jesus and be Scripturally accurate. Brings tears to my eyes. I love the Body so much, especially my brothers and sisters here on SI! :)

I had no idea who the Phelps were so I read a wikipedia article. I realized I HAD actually heard of them in a round about way. Our local newspaper did an article on them picketing military funerals. Makes me think of 1 Corinthians 13:2 "If I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing."

This is sort of related and sort of not but, I wonder if this kind of "evangelizing" isn't wrong for our times. I heard Paul Washer say once that he didn't like most evangelizing because most people just start off with sin and telling people their sinners. And he said that only works if the culture your in knows who God is. If they don't know who God is (which I think most western countries don't) then they won't understand sin. So it's pointless to hold signs that say things like "God hates homosexuals/homosexuality" until they understand WHO God is. I saw on wikipedia that Fred Phelps has said, "what this country needs is 50 Jonathan Edwardses turned loose in it." The problem is that most people in Edward's day understood at least SOMETHING of the holiness of God. And most people in our day don't know anything of the holiness of God! So you can't preach things like "Sinner's in the Hands of an Angry God" until they know something of God and his holiness.
Here's the Paul Washer video it was from: http://youtu.be/drWCWgAb0d4 skip to about the 40 minute mark is where the idea was from. Sorry that was sort of off topic, this just reminded me of it.

(Edited for a spelling error!)

2011/8/20 18:12Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Krispy writes:
"All of those who God does not save will go to hell, but to treat homosexuality as if it is just another sin in a long list of sins is unbiblical. It is a sign, a curse. It is a sign that God is judging a people and giving them what they want."

Although it is a sign of God's judging a people, it not true to say: "but to treat homosexuality as if it is just another sin in a long list of sins is unbiblical". We find such a list made by the same writer who wrote Romans chapter 1.

1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
1Co 6:10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
1Co 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

"Abusers of themselves with mankind" are sodomites. Obviously some of the brethren in Corinth had once had such reprobate minds but when Paul was writing to them, they were washed, sanctified, justified ... just like all of the other brothers and sisters who were converted in Corinth.

If we are committing the sins that lead up to the abomination state of the society we are as guilty as the homosexuals:

Eze 16:49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
Eze 16:50 And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

By pride, fulness of bread and abundance of idleness and not helping the poor, we can be the very incubators who hatch the eggs of sodomy all around us. When a society has the brand of Christianity that is praying, fasting, and sacrificing in order to help the poor, there is less of a chance of sodomy in the society.

2011/8/20 21:44Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

It is wonderful to get corrected in Love especially by our brothers and sisters who did it with grace (for the most part)

I believe 50 Jonathan Edwards would make a difference because Sinners in the hands of an angery God was not his only sermons and was not the only topic he spoke about if Sinners in the hands of an Angry God is what Mr.Phelps expects those 50 Edwardses to preach then he is sorely mistaken and in fact those Edwardses would likely strongly rebuke Phelps and his hatemongers along with it. Edwards was a preacher of Holiness YES but He was always a preacher of Love and Compassion from that Angry God. I know this because I purchased a book containing 20 some of his sermons.

There is actually a video of Brother Paul Washer street evangelising and it was by far the best example I have ever seen, and it was refreshing to watch in light of all the poor examples we have today. He doesn't speak english but He basically shares his testimony, if More "evangelist" wished to convict the hearts of sinners its going to be weeping and sharing their testimony all at the same time. For the most part people no matter how much they don't want to admit it are quite aware they are in sin, but you can't argue with a change man or woman. Hard to deny someones personal testimony if it is I was once gay and the Lord changed me, instead of YOU'RE GAY YOU'RE GOING TO HELL! No one responses to hatemongers with open arms but returns with Hate.

In the scriptures we find that Hate is not one of the weapons we have that pulls down strong holds but the Love of Christ Jesus and His Holy Spirit are given to do such things.

2011/8/21 1:19Profile

Re:

Quote:
if you open the door to sexual immorality before marriage through any type of sexual sin you open the door for those spirits to come in and manipulate your thoughts and feelings which has part of the reason why people think their homosexual, sadly that is what is happening with millions of people, they feel attracted to the same sex and is because they are under spiritual bondage that they don't know because they are not saved.

bible4life, you are correct. This has been my experience too. There are demonic spirits that very deceptively make someone to believe they are homosexual by manipulating their feelings and affections. Most Christians and certainly secular people will not be able to understand this simply because they haven't experienced it. This is why some people say, "I was born homosexual" because I just had those feelings. They have come under the control of a demonic spirit, but it can certainly be resisted in the name of Jesus Christ. I would only add that this can happen to Christian people too.

2011/8/22 11:38
Veronica226

Montana

Re:

Quote:
Quote:
if you open the door to sexual immorality before marriage through any type of sexual sin you open the door for those spirits to come in and manipulate your thoughts and feelings which has part of the reason why people think their homosexual, sadly that is what is happening with millions of people, they feel attracted to the same sex and is because they are under spiritual bondage that they don't know because they are not saved.

bible4life, you are correct. This has been my experience too. There are demonic spirits that very deceptively make someone to believe they are homosexual by manipulating their feelings and affections. Most Christians and certainly secular people will not be able to understand this simply because they haven't experienced it. This is why some people say, "I was born homosexual" because I just had those feelings. They have come under the control of a demonic spirit, but it can certainly be resisted in the name of Jesus Christ. I would only add that this can happen to Christian people too.
Quote:

Chapter and verse please.

2011/8/22 16:36Profile
mehamgul101

Re:

we should stop our teenage from this bad work

2011/8/30 6:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy