Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Introduction

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
SteveL

Monroe, Louisiana

Introduction

I've finally been able to register in here. The site rejected my app several times.

My name is Steve Lindsey. I'm one of God's redeemed ones living in Louisiana in the USA. I have seen that there are some people of Truth here, a fairly rare cirmcumstance, it seems, on "christian" internet forums. Like many of you here, I am heartbroken over the state of what is called church today and would like to join with you saints to pray and to seek God for His will to be done in our generation. I may not post a lot here because the type is so small that it hurts my eyes..but I've read quite a number of the posts.

We have a small assembly in my house that has been meeting with the Spirit of Jesus for about ten years now. We are partnered in spirit with a man and his wife who serve in Sao Paulo, Brazil. God is teaching us and leading us in a marvelous manner, as He promised. What a wonderful Counselor!

I bless you all today in the name of Yeshua, the Anointed of God and look forward to partaking of His Body with you all.

Enough about me, I, and we. God bless His Body!

2004/12/18 12:31Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re: Introduction

Welcome Steve,

I'm sure you will find many resources here at SI to aid in your studies. Many here to desire greatly for God to send revival (as we say).

God Bless,

-Robert

2004/12/18 12:46Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
dsey. I'm one of God's redeemed ones living in Louisiana in the USA. I have seen that there are some people of Truth here, a fairly rare cirmcumstance, it seems, on "christian" internet forums. Like many of you here, I am heartbroken over the state of what is called church today

You are among friends dear brother, I am glad you found this site. Please feel free to utilize the audio sermon resources especially the ones featured on the front page.. my first recommendation is: "Ten Shekels and a Shirt" by Paris Reidhead.

2004/12/18 12:53Profile
SteveL

Monroe, Louisiana

Re:

Thanks! I listened to Ten Shekels and a Shirt several years ago. My wife found a place, I believe in Missouri, that sells a lot of old out-of-print stuff and old taped messages, and ordered a bunch of it. Ten Shekels was among the loot. Great stuff. We also got a book by T. S. Siddle called Light on the Reformation that confirmed a Word that the Spirit gave me concerning Solomon's temple. I'd recommend that book highly for believers studying the Reformation in relation to today's church.

Thanks for the welcome. A question: Do the threads on here subscribe and email the poster when the thread is replied to or do you just have to remember where you've posted and check in?

I have listened to several of the messages on here so far. I love George Warnock. Listened to some Art Katz. Some Dave Wilkerson. I have the blue and brown copies of the Refiner's Fire books that Wilkerson put out. J. B. Stoney had some fine writings in there..Sparks, William Law, Warnock, Ravenhill..etc.

Thanks for making this stuff available.

2004/12/18 16:03Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome. A question: Do the threads on here subscribe and email the poster when the thread is replied to or do you just have to remember where you've posted and check in?

When you start a new thread there is a check box to have all replies emailed to you, other then that you will ahve to check back to see if there are replies. On most threads there are quite a few replies and it doesn't hurt to check back to ones you think are new and relevant and you want to discuss on. Glad to have you here! the people you mentioned are favorites and mentors in some way to me.

2004/12/18 16:23Profile
SteveL

Monroe, Louisiana

Re:

Thanks Greg.

2004/12/18 16:36Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy