SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Can Love For God be Separated from Obedience ?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Would you except Paul's words in Philippians chpt 3 as an answer?

2011/8/17 3:06
brothergary

Re:

what does 100 percent obedent mean ,was peter 100 percent obedent when he acted the hipocret

who in this thread fears obedence , was that directed at us

who is slicing the the word of god up ,can you plese be direct so i know who you are talking to please

what the men james alowed in his fellowship ,who were false brethern , teaching men must be circumsised

this was sin

what about paull talking a vow geting his head shaved

he taught that if you did somthing like this you were obligated to continue under the whole mosaik law

the bible even teaches we all stumble in many things ,the toung being one of those things

no man can tame the toung

i dont see 100 percent sinlesness being taught here

neither in example by the apostals

2011/8/17 3:19Profile
brothergary

Re:

art i do believe we are to keep the new testament laws that jesus taught paul taught that

he said to timothy i believe.even the words of the lord jesus christ

but that is not to say that is imposable to fall back in to sin ,, scripture shows that some do fall back into sin

but are brought back to repentence

just the exortation ,by paul

let eveyone who names the name of christ
depart from eniquity

this shows at least some of who he was refurng to where christians ,and were called to repentance

revalations ,some had left there first love and where called to repentance

were called to do there first works

the bible has many exortations to the christan who might have fallen in to temtation ,to repent

some where temted to go back to the law of moses

some were tempted to sit at the table with demons

people were exorted not to complain
there must have been some christans that where complaining for paull to exort for this

woulden it be grate
if we never had to exort our brethern and warn them

well we would not have to unless it were posable for them to STUMBLE IN MANY THINGS,as the apostal said

2011/8/17 3:46Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Quote:
Would you except Paul's words in Philippians chpt 3 as an answer?

Yes Sister I would, thank you :)

2011/8/17 3:55Profile
Questor

Re: Love and Obedience

"Back to the question: Can Love For God be Separated from Obedience?

I sure hope so, because every sin we commit is an act of disobedience, and we all sin continually. As
Pointed out by the Apostle John:

1 Jn 1:5-10
This is the message we have heard from Him and announce to you, that God is Light, and in Him
there is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness,
we lie and do not practice the truth; 7 but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we
have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. 8 If we say
that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He
is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 IF WE
SAY WE HAVE NOT SINNED, WE MAKE HIM A LIAR AND HIS WORD IS NOT IN US. NASU"

For some of us, love is not a topic we understand well, much less the expression and feeling of it, or the receiving of it, or giving of it.

I know what the Word says of love...

Matthew 22:36-40

36. Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37. Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38. This is the first and great commandment.
39. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Even though I am bidden to love Adonai with all my heart, I do not know how to do this. Many of you are so passionate in your feelings, your obedience follows your passion, but I do not understand this.

I do not feel love, nor does my heart reach out to YHWH in the way you speak of, and yet I prefer Him above all things. My time is spent in seeking Him, and learning about Him, and speaking to and hearing from our Abba.

My soul does seek Him first in the mornings, and last at night, and throughout the day, for there is rarely a time when I do not discuss my every action with Him, thank Him for all that happens, and take pleasure in my closeness to Him.

My mind is full of Him, and I have no wish to be other than this. YHWH is my favorite topic, my subject of praise and thanks all the day, and yet I do not feel the passion for God that you all speak of, so I cannot think love, as you speak it, and obedience are always the same.

I do not love my neighbor, nor my brethren, nor myself, that I know of. Such things were not taught to me. I know little of filial love, nor unconditional love, except that I know I receive love from Adonai, because He has said so, and does not lie.

Mostly, my mind goes to How YWVH spoke of Esau and Jacob. He loved Jacob, and hated Esau, but I see no sign of Abba's hate toward Esau. I see only a preference for
Jacob.

I sometimes prefer my wishes for myself above Yeshua's wishes for me, so this is not love, but disobedience.

I also often prefer myself, and my wishes, and my good above that of my neighbor, or my brethren, yet it is merely a preference, when I choose between my good, and theirs. I do not choose their ill to gain my good.

I am allowed to choose, who I am to prefer, and when, at least with my neighbor and my brother. I do not seek my benefit at their expense and cost, but merely prefer my wishes first before I consider theirs. This makes me selfish indeed, but I do not sin in this, or at least, not all the time.

I do not love myself particularly well, either, never having been taught to, and am having a difficult time finding ways to be good to myself that is not in opposition to Adonai, but in obedience to him.

And yet, I know what love should be, as it is expressed in scripture, and I practice these things to the best of my ability.

1 Corinthians 13:1-7

1. Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not love, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
2. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing.
3. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not love, it profiteth me nothing.
4. Love suffereth long, and is kind; love envieth not; love vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
5. Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6. Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7. Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

These actions of love are what I am trying to do, what I pray we all do, thought by thought through the day, yet I know I fail at it. But this is what I do know how to do, though I do not necessarily feel it. I do, however do it a good deal of the time, and if I seem to boast, I boast only in the Ruach haKodesh working in me.

Romans 12:9-21

9. Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.
10. Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
11. Not slothful in business; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord;
12. Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;
13. Distributing to the necessity of saints; given to hospitality.
14. Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.
15. Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.
16. Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
17. Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
18. If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
19. Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
20. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.
21. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

These things I can do, and accomplish to the best of my ability, Yeshua and the Ruach haKodesh helping me, but I have much to learn to do.

1 John 2:1-6

1. My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2. And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
3. And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
5. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
6. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Do I keep the commandments of Adonai as placed upon my heart by the Ruach haKodesh? I hope so, even as I hope in Yeshua, and trust in Him, and lean upon Him, yet
I know I do obedience so poorly, and only in part, but I do seek to obey.

And I hope one day, with all my heart and soul, that I will show that I have learned to love in my obedience.

I would also like to feel it one day, but that is as Adonai chooses. Pray for me, that I might obey, and thus show my love, and one day know that love in myself even as I know it in Yeshua.

Q

2011/8/17 5:07Profile
brothergary

Re:

amen questor

god will soon ,he must be teaching you somthing important

have you done much fasting with you prayers

2011/8/17 6:25Profile

Re:

Gary

Peter fell into sin as fear is sin but the other occassions were not sin. Paul made his decision to be circumcised out of a pure heart of obedience. Whether it was right or not is not for us to say, the period being a special one of changover and intense Satanic activity, but we know that Peter did sin, but does that mean that believers sin all of the time? I don`t think so otherwise John would be wrong when he wrote his letter so that believers would not sin. Thos ewho say otherwise are taking verses out of context. There ia a time and place for knowing we are sinners, coming to Christ for cleansing FROM ALL SIN, and walking in righteousness as He walked and commands us.

If Christ came to save us from sin then He has failed if we continue to do so. We may fall but should be restored even though it is impossible for man but not for God to restore such a one who puts Christ back on the cross.

From a once fiery Brenda but no more.

2011/8/17 8:06

Re:

Has the love of God been shed abroad in your heart?

Rom 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

Obey the Truth and Love the Brethren with unfeigned love.

1Pe 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

We need to get back to this standard set forth by Jesus.

Joh 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Joh 14:22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

Joh 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Joh 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Joh 14:25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

2011/8/17 8:07

Re:

I'm late to this conversation and have not read thru all of this...

Let me answer the title question: NO.

"If you love Me you will keep My commands."

Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

Krispy

2011/8/17 8:14
PasDave1

Re:

Amen Krispy Amen

2011/8/17 10:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy