SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Biblical Foundations for new believers...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:

I love Zac Poonen but *sigh* I just cannot use it because of the emphasis on a compulsory subsequent Holy Spirit Baptism. Also the audio might also be too difficult for people here to understand. I wouldn't feel good about giving this to a new Christian, but then telling them to skip a certain lesson or chapter because of this sort of thing. The whole debate of this nature would be too complex for a new believer.

He is the most "uncompulsory" preacher out there when speaking of the baptism of the Holy Spirit! It sounds like you would be the only one debating this 'sort of thing!'

You could just let them listen to him and see where the chips fall (without debating) and you might be surprised and learn a thing or two with what new believers can learn and believe when they are not hindered by theology!

God bless you,
Lisa

2011/8/15 6:17Profile
brothergary

Re:

paul washer is verry easy to understand

i believe even some of his caticisim for children would be good and verry imforing on important issues for new believers and mild compared to some of his hard preaching ,,verry mild but still potent and spirit filled

2011/8/15 6:34Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I agree with Lysa on this, I have been burned by Hyper Pentecostalism just as you, but it doesn't mean the teaching of the baptism of the Holy Spirit is a false one. Of ALL people I would want to teach about the Baptism its Zac Poonen, He is by far imho the best expounder and teaching of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Don't let what's hurt you in the past(bad doctrine taught by poor preachers exploiting people) to hinder good doctrine taught by a Man of God. In fact it would be wise for your congregation to be informed of proper doctrine concerning the Baptism to fight and stand strong against that evil spirit of emotional "spirit filled" money grabbers. Brother Zac I assure you is not one of those nor is he a Word of Faith preacher wanting only to promote prosperity.

Its going to be up to you though really, which again is why I recommend Living by the Book, give new believers the ability to learn and decide for themselves on how they interpret the Word of God.

2011/8/15 8:08Profile
AbideinHim

Louisiana

Re: Biblical Foundations for new believers...

www.spiritoffire.org/ebook.html

The New Life, Words of God for Young Disciples of Christ
by Andrew Murray
Book Catalog #0014, Electronic Version 1.00 by Adam Woeger

We have revised this classic 1885 book, The New Life, Words of God for Young Disciples of Christ, by Andrew Murray and made it available in this electronic edition so that Rev. Murray's words can live on to bless many generations to come. This book is intended for new Christians, but works wonders as a refresher course for existing Christians as well. The book covers in detail many of the basic foundational truths of the Christian faith. [Adam Woeger, Editor]

2011/8/15 8:23Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

So many good suggestions offered. Carters it is so exciting hearing of the growth y'all are experiencing and your desire to stay true to His word. Though I have no book recommendations to add, I would highly recommend a word study for the many names used to describe God, a study off his attributes, and seeing Christ and the H.S. In the O.T. Eye openers for a young disciple in Christ who desires to draw closer to Him.

2011/8/15 9:59Profile
carters

Australia

2011/8/15 14:10Profile
carters

Australia

2011/8/15 14:13Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

"If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall [your] heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?" -Luke 11:13

"And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high."-Luke 24:49

This power is to do The Work, not by our own might, but by His Power, by His Spirit, for His Glory.

John answered, saying unto [them] all, I indeed baptize you with water; but one mightier than I cometh, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to unloose: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost and with fire: - Luke 3:16

Fire to burn off the dross, the Holy Ghost to endue with power.

"And I will turn my hand upon thee, and purely purge away thy dross, and take away all thy tin:
And I will restore thy judges as at the first, and thy counsellors as at the beginning: afterward thou shalt be called, The city of righteousness, the faithful city.
Zion shall be redeemed with judgment, and her converts with righteousness." Isaiah 1:25-27

"The crucible is for silver, and the furnace is for gold, and the LORD tests hearts".-Proverbs 17:3

Peace in Christ Jesus,

Travis

2011/8/15 20:14Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

I have a series of 18 lessons that may be perfect for your needs. They were originally written by Steve Clark from Charity Ministries; he was kind enough to share the lessons with me for use on a Bible correspondence course web site that I was running.

The lessons were originally written while he was serving in missions in Africa, they were written for the local people who wanted to know about the Bible or who were recently converted.

I can send you a copy of the lessons in MS-Word format if you would like.

In Christ,

Ron

2011/8/15 20:30Profile
carters

Australia

2011/8/16 0:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy