SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : A Scripture that God has blessed you with recently!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 A Scripture that God has blessed you with recently!

It would be interesting to hear a scripture that God has blessed you with in the last few days. I believe the Word of God is living and active! God constantly speaks to me daily from His word.

I was reading the book of galatians and many truths were impressed to me but paticularly one verse stood out to me:

[b]Galatians 3:8 (NKJV)[/b] - "And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel to Abraham beforehand, saying, 'In you all the nations shall be blessed.'"

It's a strange evangelical belief that after Jesus left this earth that those who beleive in Him are saved but the rest of the world is somewhat in more of an un-sure position. But the bible in many places in the New Testament points back and says that they were given as much the gospel as we are with the revelation of Jesus Christ. That in these old images, shadows and acts of Gods mercy the truth of Jesus Christ was manifest to them. How wonderful a news the Gospel is "good news" for all the world, even in Abraham's time when God said in you all the nations [b]shall[/b] be blessed. And surely it has happened and continues to come to fruiton.

What a wonderful truth God showed me.. I would love to hear a truth and scripture God has impressed upon your heart lately..

2004/12/17 23:35Profile
jouko

Ex-England colony of Australia

Re: A Scripture that God has blessed you with recently!

Isa 65:16 That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes.

jouko

2004/12/18 1:14Profile

I was reading Psalm 50 to my children at bedtime and suddenly began to cry as i was reading it. It was totally unexpected! I had to explain to Ewan why mummy was crying.
Also as i was reading Hebrews yesterday i couldn't get past these verses:
Hebrews 5:7.Who in the days of His flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
8.Though he were a son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered.

2004/12/18 4:10
Tears_of_joy

"For since the beginning of the world Men have not heard nor perceived by the ear, Nor has the eye seen any God besides You, Who acts for the one who waits for Him.
Isaiah 64:4

"But on this one will I look: On him who is poor and of a contrite spirit, And who trembles at My word.
Isaiah 66:2

"Trust in the LORD, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness. Delight yourself also in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass. He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, And your justice as the noonday. Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass."
Psalm 37:3-7

2004/12/18 6:48Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared

Ahhh yes I was reading that and paused on "with vehement cries and tears" !!! The more and more I read the scriptures I am realizing that the spiritual is what matters most and the physical realm needs to be subservient to it. The Lord desires us to seek him and pray to him in spirit and truth .. but also with all our heart, mind, soul and [b]Strength[/b]! with all our [b]affections[/b]... lifting holy hands in prayer.

2004/12/18 9:37Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

I've been taking the cost for following Jesus to heart.

Great crowds were following Jesus. He turned around and said to them, "If you want to be My follower you must love Me more than your own father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters - yes, more than your own life. Otherwise, you cannot be My disciple. And you cannot be My disciple if you do not carry your own cross and follow Me.

But don't begin until you count the cost..."

[i]- Luke 14:25-28 (NLT)[/i]

2004/12/23 14:24Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
But don't begin until you count the cost

Awesome scripture.. I really think these words are just as applicable to us as it was to those disciples back then. The disciple left [b]everything[/b] and followed HIM! should we try to explain away this radical discipleship and calling in our lifes but modern day reasoning? NO ten thousand times NO! Yolanda what a great verse to keep and mediate in your heart. Thank you for sharing I am going to think on these things also.

[b]Luke 14:25-28 (NKJV)[/b] - Now great multitudes went with Him. And He turned and said to them, "If anyone comes to Me and does [b]not[/b] hate his faither and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he [b]cannot[/b] be my disciple. And whoever does [b]not[/b] bear his cross and come after Me [b]cannot[/b] be My disciple. For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has enough to finish it-"

2004/12/23 14:48Profile
i1cu_yellow

Re:

1Peter 6-7
This one is personal to me, and one that has brought much comfort...

In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, (7) that the genuiness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Christ.

If need be, if need be, if need be. Hallelujah

2004/12/23 15:44Profile
DezCall

The Netherlands

I haven't seen this thread Greg, sorry for that. I started a thread for something like this yesterday: [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4078&forum=35&2]Great Bibleverses[/url] (in pursuit of "Great Quotes")

Just to read the simple words of God is awesome. God can reveal really striking things through very simple verses. And His words are precious.

2004/12/23 16:19Profile
revival9

Arizona, USA

Re:

35. And James and John, the two sons of Zebedee, came up to Him, saying to Him, "Teacher, we want You to do for us whatever we ask of You."
36. And He said to them, "What do you want Me to do for you?"
37. And they said to Him, "Grant that we may sit in Your glory, one on Your right, and one on Your left."
38. But Jesus said to them, "You do not know what you are asking for. Are you able to drink the cup that I drink, or to be baptized with the baptism with which I am baptized?"
39. And they said to Him, "We are able." And Jesus said to them, "The cup that I drink you shall drink; and you shall be baptized with the baptism with which I am baptized.
40. "But to sit on My right or on My left, this is not Mine to give; but it is for those for whom it has been prepared."
41. And hearing this, the ten began to feel indignant with James and John.
42. And calling them to Himself, Jesus said to them, [b]"You know that those who are recognized as rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them; and their great men exercise authority over them.
43. "[u]But it is not so among you[/u], but whoever wishes to become great among you shall be your servant;
44. and whoever wishes to be first among you shall be slave of all.
45. "For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many."[/b]

"But it is not so among you." Jesus is painting quite a picture of His Church in these small verses. I've been meditating on it for many days. If this is the standard, we have failed miserably.

Mrs. Fred

2004/12/23 18:29Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy