SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer needed.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Prayer needed.

Brothers and Sisters I ask you pray for me that I would have strength to make a clean break from the world and a stronghold in my life that needs destroyed. That is the world of video games, not only have a wasted countless hours distracted by games but also in neglect of my children and beautiful wife. I have many friends associated with the game and I have sent them all messages tell them my intentions and I pray for a favorable response.

I also thank you and the Lord for set up against my wickedness a wall of light to contradict and constrast my actions and bring upon me a heavy conviction. After sending the messages I felt a very heavy weight off my shoulders that I just couldn't bear anymore, so now it is on the shoulders of Christ.

I pray that this is a clean break and that Satans chains don't entangle me any further but that I will rise up on wings like the eagles and run without weary away from this worldly thing. This time consuming, covetous, and selfish act. I felt the Lord faintly speak to my heart Which do you choose? Though I have avoided and ignored this question A LOT I no longer can.

I humble come before you to repent and I will be going to my wife as well to repent because she is by far the most effected by this. BUT I wanted prayers and make a Public proclaimation of Repentance amoung you all who I cherish as dear brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus.

2011/8/12 8:10Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Prayer needed.

God bless you Matt for listening to the voice of the Holy Spirit. I am sure your wife's love for you will rise to new heights! and that will be of greater importance then any friends you have gained online by playing games!

Your post is refreshing and encouraging...

God bless.

2011/8/12 8:15Profile
mama27

Re:

Oh I will pray!! I have never heard even ONE testimony of anyone desiring to break free from the stranglehold of those games! Praise the Lord....May God grant you strength...

2011/8/12 8:23Profile

Thanks for posting this MGULDNER. My son, who is married with my grandchildren, is in total bondage to one of these warcraft type games, with hundreds of thousands of people worldwide in real time interaction.

He actually lives another life there.[ quite the king....very narcissistic fantasies..]..and has spent hundreds...maybe thousands of hours..[... unemployed Iraqi war vet on unemployment..]......playing his role.

Your humble post moved me enough to copy and send it to him, with some Fatherly advice to man up, and quit the games.

I have already called his wife a RIFT widow..[ the name of the game..]...and she, and his babies, deserve more than an ego blast now and then. So, your post has helped others...as always takes place when Godly conviction and repentance are made public. Thanks again for your courage and meekness.

2011/8/12 10:31
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Matt, we are dealing with this and other media issues with one of our younger sons. As his father I am responsible for his well being so do not think you are alone in this idolic removal.

2011/8/12 11:32Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Dear mguldner,

Praise Jesus for the eyes He has given you that enable you to see this 'game' for what it has become, an idol.

Praying you diligently replace the game with Godly activities. Remember the house that was swept clean of demons and then left empty - they came back with more of their kind.

Your open, public confession is a great beginning. Keep us posted, we are here to offer support.

Greater is He that is in you . . .

Kindest regards,
white stone

2011/8/12 11:49Profile

Re:

HI brother Matthew

Praise the Lord that He has delivered you from this addiction that has caught hundreds of thousands, probably millions of young men and woman all over the world. Its not just the wasted time, its the constant stream of images endured by the mind. Images and input shape who we are, the old saying comes to mind, garbage in, garbage out. Brother I deliberatly used the words " He has delivered you," for He most certainly has. You are no slave, you are a child of the living God and He who the Son sets free is free indeed. The lie is that your not free, you know where that lie hails from. Praise God, may a generation of young peolple find the Lord and be delivered ( perhaps this will be your future of present calling) ...........brother Frank

2011/8/12 14:11
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Brother,

I am overjoyed by this testimony.
Praise Jesus!

2011/8/12 15:44Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I am so thankful for all of your support, this is the first day I haven't play the game and still haven't played! Its already been profitable not playing praying with my kids was something that I haven't done in a while and something I intend to keep doing. I was teaching them about prayer and told them they can say whatever they want to Jesus to which my 2 year old sang "Yes Jesus Loves me wOOt wOOt WOOOOOOOooooo. :) I know this is an uphill battle but I know I don't do it alone. And I am keeping my eye on the prize, a deeper and loving relationship with the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Not to mention my family back, it was foolish to think I could balance myself so delicately between God and the world, its either one or the other.

I am also glad many of you are encouraged by my testimony I hope my future testimony of complete freedom will encourage you even more because now I battle the desire to play despite the loving call of God, satan is up to his no good tricks by lying to me but I have met his lies with the Truth.

2011/8/12 19:33Profile
Veronica226

Montana

Praise God that He has brought this to light and freed you from it! It brought tears to my eyes reading your post and the others. I will definitely be praying for you! May God grant you the deliverance from even thinking about playing it.
I too struggled with this (yes even as a girl), but my break was not as clean as yours seems to be. God did not give me an "Ah ha" moment, I just very slowly lost interest in playing anything at all.
This is truly a snare for young men in America today. I pray that God will move and set more people free. And I pray that you will be a light and testimony to the grace and power of God to set men free of such addictions! Glory to God!
Thank you for listening to the Spirit and sharing with us. :) God bless you brother!
In Christ,
Veronica

EDIT:
I just re-read your last post where you said this: "Its already been profitable not playing praying with my kids was something that I haven't done in a while and something I intend to keep doing." And I just wanted to encourage you to keep doing this!! My dad is an unbeliever and I desperately wish I had a dad to pray with. Know that it is worth it and God will bless you for it! (Though the battles might get more intense, keep at it! Pray on through!)

2011/8/12 23:04Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy