SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Have Mercy On Me

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Have Mercy On Me

I remember that there was a blind man begging on the side of the road. He was crying out to Jesus "Have mercy on me", and people wanted him to be quiet but he just kept shouting "Have mercy on me". And Jesus did have mercy on him, and restored his sight to him.

I hear multitudes of hungry, crippled, and poor people crying out.
"Have mercy on us"
"Have mercy on us".

Their spirits long to meet Him as he walks down the roads.
They are crying out to Him, They are so hungry.

So many people, so many streets.
They need Him.
They are waiting for Him.
We must go to them.

Truly I say to you, when you did it for the least of these, my brothers and sisters, you did it to me.

2011/8/11 6:14Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Re: Have Mercy On Me

This has been heavy on my heart of late also. What good are we if we just say, "I'll pray for you," and send them on their way STILL hungry and/or still cold?

Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world. James 1.27 ESV

God bless you,
Lisa

2011/8/11 9:32Profile

Amen. Bottomline of what we're here on earth for. Thank you!

2011/8/11 10:03
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

God Bless you Sisters. May the Lord fills us until we overflow with his love.

2011/8/11 17:34Profile
Questor

Re: Have Mercy upon us!

Being a watchman, I find myself keeping up with all the messiness of the 'world'. I do my best to fast forward over all but the necessary facts on TV, and skip most of what is in many a newspaper, but I find also that this cry,
"God, have mercy on us!" comes to my lips all too often.

I pray that I will do sufficent duty towards the orphaned and the widowed, for Yeshua had a special heart for the weak, and the oppressed, but I find that the need for continuous prayer at any mention of harm coming to people, wherever they are, being pressed upon me.

Even though I spend the minimum of time needed to watch and scan the events each day, so many people are harmed, or wounded, or lose people daily. And these are just the off hand mentions of those that are being reported on between the lines of what I must watch for in the news that I find myself sometimes overwhelmed by my inability to pray sufficiently for everyone mentioned.

Indeed, I find myself turning off the news I must watch by being worn down by the need to to attempt to cover with prayer all that are mentioned, before the next personal disaster is mentioned.

Has anyone else experienced this of late?

Adonai gives me strength enough, so long as I am wise, but alas I am not always so, and find myself burning out long before I've gotten the summary of news for the day.

Q

2011/8/12 3:39Profile
mguldner

Kansas

This thread is very sobering thank you for posting it.

I remember there was a transient that came through town, pulling a huge trailer, I drove past him a few times and I asked the Lord to protect him and provide for him.

Then the Holy Spirit spoke to my heart you are the answer to your own prayer. I went and gave the man all I could food, supplies, etc. I asked my former pastor if he could purchase the man some tracfone minutes to help but he advised he didn't feel lead to do so and said it would be on the prayer list for anyone else that may feel lead to do so. My heart broke when I heard that. What's $20 for someone with food and a place to stay and money in savings?

I learned this lesson from it though, If Christ is dwelling in us then so is His Love for the Unloved, if we aren't operating in that Love, are we truly letting Love lead us? Many people didn't help the man because they didn't want "taken advantage of" and to that I said WHY NOT? LORD send more to take advantage of ME, for I Take advantage of Christ and His grace daily!

2011/8/12 6:07Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

God Bless you Brothers. Lord give us strength to pray.

2011/8/12 7:28Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy