SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Recovering Biblical Womanhood by Paul Washer (video)

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Recovering Biblical Womanhood by Paul Washer (video)

Saints,

This is a very important video to watch. I had the blessing of hearing this preached live. Brother Paul Washer gives some principles and a biblical vision that will benifit greatly both brothers and sisters to watch this, married or single.

May God bless to video to your hearing and please share it with others.

Recovering Biblical Womanhood by Paul Washer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kQ5v_tEAEw

2011/8/10 12:29Profile
Lovefirst

Lake Charles, LA

Re: Recovering Biblical Womanhood by Paul Washer (video)

Fantastic video! I watched it twice and plan on watching it with my wife. I just don't wanna come off the wrong way when I ask my lovely wife to watch it with me ya know? I don't want her to feel I'm trying to correct her.

2011/8/10 13:44Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Amen! I agree, it was awesome. Every male and female will benefit with this awesome teaching. I am putting these as a women into action with several of my family members. Glory to God for His great love for us to show us The Way!

2011/8/10 14:12Profile
MaryJane

Re:

I began listening to this teaching and have already felt deep conviction on several areas of my life within my marriage. The thing that is so difficult is there was a time when I was very controlling, very demanding in my marriage and I did usurp his authority in our home and our marriage. Things went on like that for several years after we were first married but since coming to truly know Jesus I have repented of this attitude of heart and sought to live submitting myself to Jesus and also to my husband. Its been difficult at times though because I was so independent, so willing to always make sure no matter what things got done. It is a challenge to now step aside and leave some areas to my husband. He has his own struggles but I come to realize over the years that we both have roles in this marriage that have been designed by God and I have to step back and not try to walk in both.

God bless
mj

2011/8/10 16:10Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Wow! an amazing sermon!

I took a few notes as Washer preached and here are some - hoping to whet others' curiosity to give it a listen.

1. Women hate women - feminists hate women.

2. A woman who desires to be a full-time homemaker is looked down upon by feminists.

3.Husbands need their wives respect. Lack of it 'kills' him.

4.Wives need their husbands' love - constant reminders.

5.Men and women are not alike.

6.Discusses modesty at 00:25...

7. Men are not as dumb as you think they are.

8. There is a difference between beauty and sensuality.

9. There was a time when people dressed for beauty. Now it is for the sake of lust; it used to be refinement , now it is grunge.

10. Sin kills refinement.

11. A woman without discretion is like a gold ring in a pig's snout!

12. Wives are not called to be an example [to their husbands], men are called.

13. Paul speaks pointedly to the husbands after 1:00:00..

Listen for more and you will be challenged and blessed. The marriage relationship is an ever growing one as is the Christian life. Paul alludes to this as he shares he and his wifes' struggle to understand how a woman should dress as recorded in Timothy. His honesty is refreshing.

Thanks for posting this, Greg.

2011/8/10 20:19Profile
MaryJane

Re:

1. Women hate women - feminists hate women.

2. A woman who desires to be a full-time homemaker is looked down upon by feminists.

Ginnyrose: these two things struck me as I listened also. I have actually had other women who profess to be Christians treat me very unkindly because I am a stay at home mom and wife. Its almost as if they think I am less intelligent or something. I have has several ask me how I can possible spend all day with my children teaching them and not go crazy. These kinds of questions are usually fallowed by a laugh and comments about how they just couldn't deal with doing "nothing" all day. I do think its true that some of the most hurtful things are said to women by other women. Its a shame but truth is with some if you do not work out side the home then your just not pulling your weight or living up to your own self potential. They attack with such venom that I offer have found myself stunned at the anger and aggression displayed toward me and other stay at home mothers.
______

3.Husbands need their wives respect. Lack of it 'kills' him.

I was thinking about this to this evening. I agree with what Paul said about husbands needing their wives respect but I think it goes even further, they need our trust to. For a long time I didn't trust my husband to make decisions in our lives for the family and I see now looking back that hurt him. I need to place my faith in Christ and knowing that my husband loves the Lord I can trust that he is seeking to walk with Him in the decisions he is making for our family.

you brought up several other great points I would like to respond to in the morning.
God Bless
maryjane

2011/8/10 22:30Profile
Questor

I too was delighted with Paul Washer's exposition on how each woman might want to review and even revamp her appearance, but an excellant discussion of Husbands and Wives, and their treatment of each other being crucial.

Great recommendation...I hope my sister-law can use it to work on my brother!

Q

2011/8/12 2:35Profile
Veronica226

Montana

I haven't listened to all of it yet, but I want to. But what I heard, WOW. I can't wait to hear all of this! Thank you for sharing.

I skipped ahead to the 25 minute mark where he talks about modesty and beauty, and you can just see that his heart is breaking that beauty and innocence have been lost. I have listened to a lot of his "hard" messages, so to hear his soft side is so wonderful. To see the tenderness in his face and hear it in his voice nearly made me cry. I live and work around men who are in no way tender at all. So it is very foreign to me. I have read about it, but have only seen a real life example of it once. This gives me hope that there are more godly men out there.
Thank you soooo much for sharing this.

2011/8/12 17:16Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Veronica wrote:

" so to hear his soft side is so wonderful. To see the tenderness in his face and hear it in his voice nearly made me cry"

You know what - how a preacher treats his wife, how he speaks of her is a test in my mind about how well I will accept his ministry! Whenever I hear a preacher, whether it is online or in person, I want to see what his wife looks like. She either enhances his ministry or she is a drag! Lest anyone criticizes this consider there are qualifications in the WORD for an overseers wife and if they are not met, forget him. If the fellow cannot order his wife, household in a godly manner, why on earth should one even give him the time of day?

Veronica, I think it is really tragic that you have not encountered more godly, tender males. They do exist but not in the world, just remember that. I think it is so sad that you were not loved and protected as a little girl by godly male relatives. To the single males out there, if you have any female nieces, cousins take an interest in them, spoil them. They will love you forever if you do! I promise!

EDIT: If you are a married male and have nieces, love them, spoil them..you will not know how much this will work to deter feminism in the future!

2011/8/13 8:54Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy