SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Good Idea concerning all the Spam-threads that new users bring with them

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Aussiedler

GERMANY

Good Idea concerning all the Spam-threads that new users bring with them

I have seen how in recent times many people register with sermonindex and then post one or two inflammatory posts or they advertise their favorite speaker and then never turn back.

Often cause this posts by new users strife and disscussions full of hatred.

I would suggest this idea:

every new user is not allowed to post immediately after registration, but has to wait one or two month until he can post his first posts. that would turn away all the impatient people, who just want to let everyone know how foolish they are and that would keep us from many people who are just around to defile many with their thoughts.

2011/8/10 6:31Profile

Re: Good Idea concerning all the Spam-threads that new users bring with them

I think a month might be extreme... I think a week would suffice.

Krispy

2011/8/10 7:47
Renoncer

Re: Good Idea concerning all the Spam-threads that new users bring with them

Aussiedler,
As much as I appreciate your desire to put an end to spam, I must disagree with your idea, for one reason in particular:

I have seen many people join SermonIndex because they are going through a crisis. They cannot afford to wait a month; they need prayer and counsel IMMEDIATELY. I wonder how many people would be lost if we told them they couldn't post for a month.

I suggest that if you see a post that is ungodly or not edifying, just DON'T SAY ANYTHING. As a result, the man/woman will just see that his/her comments are ignored and disappear like a vapor.

That will have the desired effect.

In Christ,
Renoncer

2011/8/10 8:04Profile
Aussiedler

GERMANY

Re:

okay, I thought about that point. maybe not a month, but one or two week. i think one week might do the trick.

if you look at my registration year (2005) and the number of my post you see that I didn't say anything quite often ;-)but it's increasing...

2011/8/10 8:19Profile
MaryJane

Re:

One way this could be dealt with is to moderate the first few posts from new members. Any one submitting a post to the forum for the first time would only be able to submit it to a moderator and then only after it has been reviewed and approved would it be made public to the forum. This could be a standard rule for the first several posts of new members. I realize this would require time on the part of the mods but if that is what it takes maybe worth praying about.

God Bless
maryjane

2011/8/10 8:28Profile
Renoncer

Re:

That's a good idea, MaryJane.

2011/8/10 8:56Profile
Jesus-usa

Re:

I find it incredible that, in this day and age, there's no confirmation of identity needed to register, no verifying even of email address, or any measures to deter people. How naïve shall we be? Most of the people on this forum likely agree with something like the depravity and sinfulness of humanity, but we are trusted to just be nice to each other and pray? I think we should know better. It requires more and work from those in charge, but if the forums are worthwhile, the added reponsibillity and effort should be justified.

2011/8/10 11:36Profile

Re:

Please understand this suggestion is given in the utmost sincerity. Pray that God would protect thus site from wicked and evil men as not all have faith. Also plead the blood of Jesus over this site.

Blaine

2011/8/10 13:23
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Thank you for your thoughts saints, they are all valid and we are always considering these things and thinking of ways to make SermonIndex work better. God bless you all. And thank you for these ideas that we will put into consideration and prayer towards future site changes.

2011/8/10 13:33Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy