SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Are you an overmountain man?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

He very famously replied "nuts." Also, general Paton who "relieved," the 101st did so after asking for prayer becasue the weather was holding up his battalion. The skies cleared and the rest is history........ brother Frank

2011/8/10 10:59
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

"The 101st Airborne Division of the U S Army has one of the finest records in military history. One of their finest hours was when they were surrounded by the Germans at Bastogne during WWIi. The 101st was outgunned and outmanned by the Germans. The German commander sent a message to Gen. MacAuffie to discuss terms of surrender. The American general gave a one word answer. It was not vulgar. This should be our word to Satan when we are overwelmed. Can anybody in this forum tell me what that word was?"

Amen Brothers, thank you for sharing this. I am not sure how it turned out for Gen. MacAuffie, but we do have a promise in Scripture!

1 Cor 10:13 make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

2011/8/10 11:13Profile

Re: StarofGod

Amen my sister. The good general prevailed against his enemies just as we will prevail against the evil one. Good verse you shared for God always makes a way.

Blaine

2011/8/10 12:21

Re:

I prayed silently with a few overmountain Saints last night.

"The Effectual Prayer of a Righteous man prevaileth Much."

GOD Bless you Brother Frank, for the message in this opening post as well.

2011/8/10 15:49

Re:

Thankyou for your silent prayers sister, there are certainly overmountain woman as well, some of Christendom's greatest prayer warriors have been women. I know one overmountain woman who prayed for me until I was saved at the age of 27, my dear mother.......brother Frank

2011/8/10 16:14

Re:

Reminds me of Caleb who took a mountain or two for the Lord. That saint said I feel just as strong at 85 as I was at 40..He was certainly an overmountain man. Would anyone dare call him a senior citizen to his face?

Blaine

2011/8/10 16:26

Re:

Reminds me of Caleb who took a mountain or two for the Lord. That saint said I feel just as strong at 85 as I was at 40..He was certainly an overmountain man. Would anyone dare call him a senior citizen to his face?

Blaine

2011/8/10 16:26

Re:

"Reminds me of Caleb who took a mountain or two for the Lord. That saint said I feel just as strong at 85 as I was at 40..He was certainly an overmountain man. Would anyone dare call him a senior citizen to his face?"

Whether 85 or just a lad who would take on a lion, it matters not to the Spirit of God.........brother Frank

2011/8/10 18:49

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy